LIVE Suite Life Harmony Eastern September 15

Andy C

Planning a Keys trip for next year.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We hope to make it this year, leaving for our annual 5 week stay on the 26th of this month. Last year, the hurricane canceled our plans...as I believe it changed your cruising itinerary also. :confused::o

After reading this thread I am contemplating canceling my GS reservation on Harmony in January. Final payment is next week. I can pay the same on Celebrity without having to experience all of the attitude and entitlement - never get that from Zenith members there. Or should I just avoid special cruises on RCCL? In addition to the President's Cruise and 50th Anniversary cruise- what should I avoid to not be over run by Pinnacles in the SL or CK?

After reading this thread I am contemplating canceling my GS reservation on Harmony in January. Final payment is next week. I can pay the same on Celebrity without having to experience all of the attitude and entitlement - never get that from Zenith members there. Or should I just avoid special cruises on RCCL? In addition to the President's Cruise and 50th Anniversary cruise- what should I avoid to not be over run by Pinnacles in the SL or CK?
Fall, early January, repositioning cruises.

FWIW, I really think most of those are fine. 35-60 Pinnacles are easily absorbed in a ship as big as Harmony.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I would not cancel based on one person's experience on one cruise. We sailed in a GS on Oasis last month and there were 42 pinnacles on our sailing. They used both the SL and CK a lot but we only had one time where finding a seat in the SL was an issue. We never had a seat at a window, but the windows are floor to ceiling and we had no issues seeing out from our seats. We reserved our dining with the concierge before we boarded and we got the time we wanted every night. We spoke to many of the pinnacles on our sailing and found most to be very friendly. A few were not friendly at all, but a few of the suite guests weren't friendly at all either. We used the suite and pinnacle reserved seating for the shows and always got a good seat.

I, personally, would avoid the President's cruises and next years 50th celebration sailing like the plague. We did one C&A cruise years ago and one was enough for us.

I would go on your cruise and form your own opinions. Maybe by then, the cruise line will have come up with a solution to this problem that everyone can live with.

I would not cancel based on one person's experience on one cruise. We sailed in a GS on Oasis last month and there were 42 pinnacles on our sailing. They used both the SL and CK a lot but we only had one time where finding a seat in the SL was an issue. We never had a seat at a window, but the windows are floor to ceiling and we had no issues seeing out from our seats. We reserved our dining with the concierge before we boarded and we got the time we wanted every night. We spoke to many of the pinnacles on our sailing and found most to be very friendly. A few were not friendly at all, but a few of the suite guests weren't friendly at all either. We used the suite and pinnacle reserved seating for the shows and always got a good seat.

I, personally, would avoid the President's cruises and next years 50th celebration sailing like the plague. We did one C&A cruise years ago and one was enough for us.

I would go on your cruise and form your own opinions. Maybe by then, the cruise line will have come up with a solution to this problem that everyone can live with.

Good advice,as you say 1 bad apple could have been Suite guest or Pinnacle and hopefully other Pinnacles or Suite guests would rein them in.

President's cruise is definitely not worth paying mega money for a Suite if Pinnacles take over.

We had 35 pinnacles on our sailing. We had the same excellent server from the past. Service was hit or miss. When I mentioned it to staff they explained they were spread thin because of pinnacles.

Your mileage may vary. Nothing about our week was terrible but the service was just not the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had 35 pinnacles on our sailing. We had the same excellent server from the past. Service was hit or miss. When I mentioned it to staff they explained they were spread thin because of pinnacles.

Your mileage may vary. Nothing about our week was terrible but the service was just not the same.

The first class price you pay for the Star Suites etc deserve first class service and nothing less.

Correct. Sky. Not Star. Almost upgraded to Star. Glad I didn’t.

I agree.

The Star price deserves Star quality which doesn't seem to be the case on lots of cruises where there are lots of Pinnacle's on board.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Aeryn said:

Hi.  Tried a search for this, no luck.  Anyone know if Wente wines are available on Harmony?  Thanks.

No idea.  But they do sell the paint thinner in most places.  I stay away from the mass produced stuff.  I can tell you that the wine on RCI is mass produced, mass market crap.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Aeryn said:

Thanks. They do sell bad wine for big bucks. (Although a Wente cabernet is quite tasty at about $25 retail.)

Look up sites like Garagiste and WTSO and buy moderately priced and small batch stuff.  $25 is decent money for a bottle of wine but try to stay away from the mass produced stuff.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 7:26 AM, Andy C said:

06122f8fd131f0b63e5c3f99782f3e99.jpg

This evening’s Coastal Kitchen dinner menu.

THANK YOU! I hope to sail on the Ovation in a Spa Suite J4-I think-in 2021, and am contentedly researching the ship and possible activities I can manage-handicapped so no Flow Rider or Climbing wall for me! Several nice combinations there to enjoy.