Credit card info stolen

The last time it happened to us the charge was for $16.00 at a Dominos Pizza 500 miles away. I wondered if it was delivery?

Another time we were in Cocoa Beach the night before sailing and got a call. I explained we had driven from South Carolina to Florida that day and the charge in New Jersey wasn’t ours. The rep asked if we had stopped in NJ on our way south. I explained that NJ wasn’t between SC and Florida. And from his accent he was from the US.

Whatever the reason. Still stinks when low life criminals steel from us. Im sure the OP does not need this hassle to deal with. Regardless of how the CC info was obtained.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

To be fair, this is about a 5 minute phone call to deal with. It happens to all of us, especially if shopping online. It's just not that big of a deal.

Whatever the reason. Still stinks when low life criminals steel from us. Im sure the OP does not need this hassle to deal with. Regardless of how the CC info was obtained.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's terrible but it happens more times than not. I hope the OP is taking advice from those of us who have been in this situation. Don't assume that it's the last place that you used your card and set up your credit and debit card accounts so you receive alerts either by email or text or both. This is very easy to set up online via the bank who holds the card. If you can't figure it out call and they will either set it up for you or walk you through it. Call the number on the back of the credit card or debit card if you receive an alert for a charge that you didn't make. They answer 24/7. Ask for the fraud department. One time I was at work when someone purchased $500 TV from Walmart online. The text came through just as the purchase was made. I called and they removed the charge. The TV wasn't shipped yet so I'm sure that Walmart canceled the order as soon as they were notified. If you are waiting for your monthly statement than it's too late and they have to charge the store back. The store takes the hit and you have to wait for next month to see that it was credited back.

This one tops them all. I live Florida and had my CC number stolen, the morons used it to buy train tickets from Chicargo to Oregon with reserved seats. When train stopped for a scheduled town, the police got and arrested them. They got 5 years in the slammer.

Sometimes things work out for the good.

This one tops them all. I live Florida and had my CC number stolen, the morons used it to buy train tickets from Chicargo to Oregon with reserved seats. When train stopped for a scheduled town, the police got and arrested them. They got 5 years in the slammer.

Sometimes things work out for the good.

Not sure what happened, but one time a card of mine was stolen, they charged 4 tickets from Vegas to Charlotte. And the reservations had names. :D