Allure of The Seas Inside Tips

On the other RCI cruises I've been on, they had nightly shows in the auditorium. Do they have these shows on the Allure as well? Or do they just have the ice show, water show, etc.? Trying to book my entertainment and don't know if there will be other things to do in the evening.

As for seating, do we need to get there 45 minutes before show time to get a seat if we have a reservation? Thanks so much!

On the other RCI cruises I've been on, they had nightly shows in the auditorium. Do they have these shows on the Allure as well? Or do they just have the ice show, water show, etc.? Trying to book my entertainment and don't know if there will be other things to do in the evening.

As for seating, do we need to get there 45 minutes before show time to get a seat if we have a reservation? Thanks so much!

Depending on how far out you are you can make reservations for Mama Mia, the Headliner & comedy shows too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've also made reservations for headliner, comedy show, and blue planet. Don't want to see Mamma Mia. Saw it when it toured and did not like it. Best part was the music and I can listen to a CD for that.

Sounds like you’re all set. The ship does have other nightly entertainment but you don’t need reservations for those... Piano bar at Schooners, singer in The Bow & Stern.

The wife and I have been on a dozen cruises thus far but we have some trepidation in regards to these big ships. We've read postings before that customer service is perhaps worse on a larger ship vs a smaller and the crowds are overwhelming.

This thread has helped ease my mind some but the wife still has her doubts.

Anyone have concerns when they first went on this large of ship but only to find that things went smooth and without issue? I just can't fathom a sea day with 6000 people on board...seems like a nightmare when adding in trying to navigate such a large ship.

I also said I would never sail on a ship that large, but we were on the Allure two years ago and loved it. So much so that we will be on her again in a week and a half. The only time you can tell there are a lot of people on board is at embarkation, during parades on the promenade, and on sea days around the pools. But even then, it is very manageable. To watch the parades out of the crowd, just go one deck up and watch from the Schooner Bar area. The ship's layout makes it very easy to find your way around. We also thought that the crew was fantastic, just as friendly and helpful as on the smaller ships. I think the Allure is amazing!!!

• Like 1

I also said I would never sail on a ship that large, but we were on the Allure two years ago and loved it. So much so that we will be on her again in a week and a half. The only time you can tell there are a lot of people on board is at embarkation, during parades on the promenade, and on sea days around the pools. But even then, it is very manageable. To watch the parades out of the crowd, just go one deck up and watch from the Schooner Bar area. The ship's layout makes it very easy to find your way around. We also thought that the crew was fantastic, just as friendly and helpful as on the smaller ships. I think the Allure is amazing!!!

i totally agree. only packed on pool deck during sea days but other then that lots of atmosphere and u cant reproduce that on small ship.

With a reservation, show up 20 minutes early. Skip Windjammer for lunch on embarkation day and go to central park cafe. Book the Aqua show early in your week, it gets canceled for bad weather and you might not get rescheduled if you're seeing it at the end of the week. In case you don't know, Johnny Rockets is no charge for breakfast before 11. If your going to buy a photo do it on the next to last night. Great salad bar in MDR for sea day lunches, also has small buffet and off the menu items.

i agree with all. great tips and ive lived by thise on my allure trip last year.

• Like 1

The wife and I have been on a dozen cruises thus far but we have some trepidation in regards to these big ships. We've read postings before that customer service is perhaps worse on a larger ship vs a smaller and the crowds are overwhelming.

Anyone have concerns when they first went on this large of ship but only to find that things went smooth and without issue? I just can't fathom a sea day with 6000 people on board...seems like a nightmare when adding in trying to navigate such a large ship.

After cruising a variety of lines on medium sized ships we did Allure in December 2016. Only issue due to ship's size was lunch on embarkation day (everyone wants to eat at the same time and can't get into their cabins yet). Other than that the trip was enjoyable enough that we're going on Allure again this December! We loved the Central Park view balcony, the specialty restaurants, the shows and the service. MDR food was so so, so we'll be splurging on the Ultimate dining package which not only will give us better food and service but will eliminate the lunch isue on embarkation day.

Sailing on Allure June 2 and these are all great tips. Can someone tell me if you do the 8:00 seating for dinner which MDR will we most likely use? I know often times on other ships the MTD is in one area and the two early/late seating are in another.

My concern with such a large ship was that the pool decks wouldn't really be any bigger so it would be that much harder to find a lounge chair on deck during sea days. If you aren't really trying to be directly pool side what are your favorite spots?

Sailing on Allure June 2 and these are all great tips. Can someone tell me if you do the 8:00 seating for dinner which MDR will we most likely use? I know often times on other ships the MTD is in one area and the two early/late seating are in another.

My concern with such a large ship was that the pool decks wouldn't really be any bigger so it would be that much harder to find a lounge chair on deck during sea days. If you aren't really trying to be directly pool side what are your favorite spots?

The main dining room is in the aft part of the ship, off the aft centrum, on decks 3, 4, and 5. Your assigned deck will be displayed on your SeaPass card.

• Like 1

Pool decks are huge. Think of an Oasis ship as two regular ships connected side by side. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can someone tell me if you do the 8:00 seating for dinner which MDR will we most likely use? I know often times on other ships the MTD is in one area and the two early/late seating are in another.

The main dining room is in the aft part of the ship, off the aft centrum, on decks 3, 4, and 5. Your assigned deck will be displayed on your SeaPass card.

As Bob has stated there are 3 decks for the MDR. At least one Deck will be for assigned seating and one deck for MTD. From there it can get a little fuzzy. IMO the popularity of MTD and Specialty Dining on these big ships is creating a change.

We always get Early assigned seating. On our last 2 cruises on an Oasis class ship we have seen MTD passengers eating in our dining room. I know this because we have seen new faces eating at tables being served by our wait staff. Being curious and making conversation with our wait staff I have asked if those tables have requested a change. They answered no that the regular passengers are eating somewhere else tonight and the table is being filled with MTD dinners tonight.

• Like 1

My tips is have nice sized breakfast on embarkation day. We have a a good breakfast, then board the ship and walk around, finalize speciality dinner, show reservations. Then at 1:00 (-ish) when the cabins are available, we head to the eating places as they clear out. We are staying at an Embassy Suites this time, so I am sure I after their breakfast buffet, I can hold out until 1.

• Like 3

We also had such trepidation with the Oasis class ships but we went on the Allure of the Seas last February. We were surprised how much we enjoyed it. There was always something to do or always somewhere to eat. The service was no better, no worse that other ships and as for crowds, we just avoided them when there were parades and such. We enjoyed the ship so much that we have 2 other cruises booked on the Allure and the Oasis within the next year.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How is the Suite Lounge and Coastal Kitchen on sea days?  Packed and noisy or quiet and empty?  We hope to book a Grand Suite for our Allure cruise in 2020 and I could see us spending time there just reading while our cabin is being cleaned in the morning.  

On 3/30/2018 at 4:53 AM, Cruising with Us said:

if you are plan to sit in the Aquatheater seats check for soot on the seat before you sit down.

Also check on the carousel. RCCL gave me some on board credit because my white pants were ruined (on the ostrich-haha!) They tried clearing them, but no luck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What a great thread! As a long time Celebrity cruiser, I’ve learned so much in preparation for our December Allure sailing. Thank you! 

Other than the pool deck lounge chairs, what are our options for general hanging around with a cocktail with a place to sit? 

Is there any outdoor dining space, such as by the buffet or anywhere else?

From the ship deck plans, I can’t tell what’s inside and what outside. Thanks in advance! 

21 hours ago, scottam said:

What a great thread! As a long time Celebrity cruiser, I’ve learned so much in preparation for our December Allure sailing. Thank you! 

Other than the pool deck lounge chairs, what are our options for general hanging around with a cocktail with a place to sit? 

Is there any outdoor dining space, such as by the buffet or anywhere else?

From the ship deck plans, I can’t tell what’s inside and what outside. Thanks in advance! 

Central Park has benches along the walkways that you can sit in or at tables outside of Park Cafe.  There are a couple of really nice videos on YouTube where people walk throughout the ship and you can see lots of other places to sit, too.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2018 at 10:23 AM, taglovestocruise said:

With a reservation, show up 20 minutes early. Skip Windjammer for lunch on embarkation day and go to central park cafe. Book the Aqua show early in your week, it gets canceled for bad weather and you might not get rescheduled if you're seeing it at the end of the week. In case you don't know, Johnny Rockets is no charge for breakfast before 11. If your going to buy a photo do it on the next to last night. Great salad bar in MDR for sea day lunches, also has small buffet and off the menu items.

Just wanted to add my vote to that salad bar in the MDR.  It's one of the things I'm most looking forward to.

Again it's been said, but Park Cafe for breakfast is awesome.  My favourite breakfast was a toasted smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel.  It was a lovely relaxing way to start the day in a beautiful part of the ship.

There have been a few negative's here for Windjammer.  But we really enjoyed it.  We found dinner in the MDR to be a bit ordinary.  Last time we did dinner in Windjammer once due to a late day in port.  Next time we plan on scheduling a couple of nights. The kids especially liked it. 

Edited by PrincessBelle39
Added to post
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 5:59 AM, Teeara said:

Central Park has benches along the walkways that you can sit in or at tables outside of Park Cafe.  There are a couple of really nice videos on YouTube where people walk throughout the ship and you can see lots of other places to sit, too.

Thanks for that suggestion. I have since watched a number YouTube videos and they really helped. For some reason, I thought the boardwalk and the garden were indoors and had a glass ceiling rather than open air like it is. Plenty of places outside to relax! I especially love how the adults only solarium looks! 

Thanks again!

On 10/21/2018 at 11:07 PM, scottam said:

Thanks for that suggestion. I have since watched a number YouTube videos and they really helped. For some reason, I thought the boardwalk and the garden were indoors and had a glass ceiling rather than open air like it is. Plenty of places outside to relax! I especially love how the adults only solarium looks! 

Thanks again!

Just be aware that the solarium is actually open to the elements.  The covering is not complete covering, but has openings as this image shows.

1303905413_AOTSSolarium1.thumb.jpg.648eb4b208e5f81fa3fdfd98015360c9.jpg

2 hours ago, Teeara said:

Just be aware that the solarium is actually open to the elements.  The covering is not complete covering, but has openings as this image shows.

1303905413_AOTSSolarium1.thumb.jpg.648eb4b208e5f81fa3fdfd98015360c9.jpg

Thanks! Yes, I did notice that. That’s a good thing in my view. Prefer to be outside since, at home in December, I’m stuck indoors! Want as much fresh air as I can get! 😁

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...