Royal Caribbean Website Pain

bryanjaync

I'll just say I'm not a huge fan of the user interface on RCI website, period. It was very hard to navigate when booking our cruise on the Harmony for next year. My parents are supposed to be sailing with us but haven't booked yet and I can just see my dad getting angry and throwing his laptop across the room when it comes time to set up their trip.

I noticed yesterday that Royal was updating their website. When I logged in to my cruise planner last night, under balance due it says that I have no balance. This would be nice but it's not correct and I imagine they'll figure it out eventually... I'm sure they want what I owe them.

I checked again this morning and it's the same. I tried to click through to the section where you make a payment, entered my cruise info and got an error message.

I'm in no rush because final payment is over a month away, and as much as a "free" cruise would be great, I know it will get discovered at some point... And I don't want that to be after final payment and lose my cabin, or worse: at the port! Horror! :eek::eek:

If it's not fixed soon I'll be calling customer service well in advance of final payment, but for now I'm wondering if it's just me or system wide?

I noticed yesterday that Royal was updating their website. When I logged in to my cruise planner last night, under balance due it says that I have no balance. This would be nice but it's not correct and I imagine they'll figure it out eventually... I'm sure they want what I owe them.

I checked again this morning and it's the same. I tried to click through to the section where you make a payment, entered my cruise info and got an error message.

I'm in no rush because final payment is over a month away, and as much as a "free" cruise would be great, I know it will get discovered at some point... And I don't want that to be after final payment and lose my cabin, or worse: at the port! Horror! :eek::eek:

If it's not fixed soon I'll be calling customer service well in advance of final payment, but for now I'm wondering if it's just me or system wide?

It appears to be system wide, but if you go through the "already booked" tab and enter your booking info, you can still make payments.

Clicked on beverage package on the UK site, for price information and I am taken to a page which tells me that RCCL AU has gone on holiday.

Really.:evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

There is no way I would contemplate ringing Australia.

01000ddd84a77f3da56f02133bb23878.jpg

5e46c9cb4c53578111cdeb70a52b20e8.jpg

I booked a Dec 2019 cruise a little over a month ago on Sept 3rd. I can access it via the Cruise Planner, but today, I can't add it to my "upcoming cruises" when logged into the main web site (the area for seeing upcoming and past cruises, updating your profile, doing online check-in, etc.). I hadn't tried before today to add it.

Not sure if it's related to their maintenance yesterday, but RCI has logged a ticket to try and resolve it :rolleyes:

What's worse is that my original booking ID "had to be cancelled" because they had some sort of problem with it after I requested it to be transferred to a TA. They had to create a new booking and move everything to it, before transferring to the TA :rolleyes: (That is how I found out about the problem in the first place...I couldn't add the cruise to my account using the old reservation number, but the new one didn't work either.)

They said they have problems with Safari, Chrome, etc. Best to use internet explorer.

Well, I'm back to bitch again. I have IE on my other computer that is a PC, so I thought I give that a try - still no luck at all getting my info entered correctly, so I called Royal Caribbean and was on hold 30 minutes before I finally got to speak to someone I could barely understand. After going back and forth she did get my personal information entered correctly and stupid me - I told her I would finish and we hung up. I tried to enter my credit card information and got a pop up message that said sorry, but there was a glitch in the system - try again latter. I entered the information again, "just in case", but got the same message.

Right now I'm so aggravated - this is totally ridiculous and unacceptable. I have wasted so much time simply trying to complete my pre cruise documents - a task that should take about 10 minutes. Not a happy camper right now.

Hey all' date=' I just went in to check my cruises on the RC website. I have 5 booked cruises which all are showing "no payment due" Anyone else having an issue with this???[/quote']

I'm having this same issue. Wouldn't that be a great benefit for everyone :) Free cruises

Edited by Tree_skier

OMG don't they want people to book? I tried looking up cruises for next June and it says there are no sailings.

Cynics might conclude that RCI prefers hardsell phone operators to a no pressure web environment.

Clicked on beverage package on the UK site, for price information and I am taken to a page which tells me that RCCL AU has gone on holiday.

Really.:evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile::evilsmile:

There is no way I would contemplate ringing Australia.

01000ddd84a77f3da56f02133bb23878.jpg

5e46c9cb4c53578111cdeb70a52b20e8.jpg

I'm trying to get into UK site also, & getting exactly the same stooopid message. If RCCL AU have gone on holiday, have they gone with ncl or msc...they couldnt have gone with RCCL could they.!!??

(Love the way " evil smile" gets added on when you use a certain emoji! Says it all really!!! [emoji37])

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had a difficult time even finding the site, I also had issues logging in, & now I am on, I can't see where it shows my subscriptions to my Roll Calls. Plus it says Roll Calls under Construction so can't even access my Cruises. Everything was working fine and they go an change it again. 

Gay

Not sure I understand that problem. I just typed in the same address as always and it came here. Not sure about subscriptions. Don't think I've ever have messed with that. Also I see several roll calls are up and more down. Just a work in progress I guess. They're getting there. 

On 10/9/2018 at 6:59 AM, Host Clarea said:

Have you tried clearing cookies, clearing cache, and private browsing mode?

This works for me, Bob. But I'm sure you would be the first one to say that this method is insane and unprofessional.