Nordic Prince 1976

aeegee

We sailed the Nordic Prince in July of 1976 for a 14 day to the Caribbean. One of the things that I remember, among a hundred others, is a wonderful salad dressing that they served in the MDR. They didn't have it every night, but when they did we all got it. I believe it was called the King and I and it was wonderful.

Kind of a silly question, but it would be fun to know if they were still using it or maybe are now calling it something else.

I haven't been on a RC cruise since those many years ago, so I'm not sure, maybe they still have it. Cruising sure has changed since 1976.

Thank you.

• 1 year later...

I know this is old, but I just thought I’d chime in. I went on Nordic Prince to Bermuda in 1990, when I was 13. It was my first cruise and I loved it. My family and I still talk about that cruise. We all fondly remember the “King and I” salad dressing! It was amazing! What fine service and food was on that cruise. A lot of firsts for me since I was only 13 but many ended up becoming favorites of mine from that cruise forward...escargots, roasted duck, filet mignon, lobster...just to name a few.

During the chat with Michael Bayley on recent Presidents Cruise, he said some of the old menus would be used.

He also said midnight buffets would be prevalent

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How old are the old menus that would be used? Did he say when this or the midnight buffets would happen?

How old are the old menus that would be used? Did he say when this or the midnight buffets would happen?
Only on the 50th Birthday Bash on Symphony next year. Sorry I did not include that

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I know this is old, but I just thought I’d chime in. I went on Nordic Prince to Bermuda in 1990, when I was 13. It was my first cruise and I loved it. My family and I still talk about that cruise. We all fondly remember the “King and I” salad dressing! It was amazing! What fine service and food was on that cruise. A lot of firsts for me since I was only 13 but many ended up becoming favorites of mine from that cruise forward...escargots, roasted duck, filet mignon, lobster...just to name a few.

I sailed the Song of Norway in 1974 and the Nordic Prince in the late 1980’s. There is nothing in service or food faintly close to what is offered today

Times change and RCCL is competing against the other big cruise lines. Although the ships are bigger with more frills, the days of that time in cruising are long gone for RCCL.

If u r looking for that, try Oceania or Regent

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I sailed the Song of Norway in 1974 and the Nordic Prince in the late 1980’s. There is nothing in service or food faintly close to what is offered today

Times change and RCCL is competing against the other big cruise lines. Although the ships are bigger with more frills, the days of that time in cruising are long gone for RCCL.

If u r looking for that, try Oceania or Regent

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh yes, I’m well aware that those days of cruising are long gone on the family friendly mass market lines. Just reminiscing about how things once were. I’m grateful that they’ve managed to keep the cost of cruises where they are today so we can afford to cruise. To me there is still no feeling like walking onto a ship on that first day and just saying, “Ahhhhhhh!” :)

I had the pleasure of working on the Nordic Prince as a deckhand back in 1981. I have no idea what kind of dressing they served in the main dining room but I can tell you they served the crew the most amazing food. The ship had been stretched back in 1980 but the Nordic Prince would be considered tiny these days. It was by far the best ship I ever worked on.