Solarium for suite guests only?

While on Ovation in February the Solarium was for all guests. I'm hearing rumors it now only for suite guests. Can anyone confirm?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was discussed as a hypothetical on FB recently. Other than that, I have seen nothing.

Personally I would love a reserved seating section in the solarium for suites. I'd love reserved seating sections for suites everywhere. I'm not holding my breath. It would be a challenge to set up and enforce. If they just actively policed the chair hogs that would likely work just as well.

I would not book several RCCL ships if solarium would become only for suite guests. As there will be no adequate space for all guests, and on some solarium is the only covered pool.

It was discussed as a hypothetical on FB recently. Other than that, I have seen nothing.

My memory is questionable, but I thought I saw someone say it was done on the Ovation in the Asian market and people were wondering if it would go fleet wide.

While on Ovation in February the Solarium was for all guests. I'm hearing rumors it now only for suite guests. Can anyone confirm?

The day that happens is the day I stop cruising RCI. I certainly hope it never happens.

All guests age 16 and over, right?

Yes 16 and over.

The life guards did a great job "kicking " kids out of the pools. Had one family I watched try to bring a baby in and kept ignoring the guard.....who fortunately persisted. Basically the one thing the guards do in the Solarium.

Kids can walk thru, Go to their parent, dine in the Solarium Bistro and even sit at the tables outside the bistro to eat. But if they came near the pools the guards kicked them out.

Yes 16 and over.

The life guards did a great job "kicking " kids out of the pools. Had one family I watched try to bring a baby in and kept ignoring the guard.....who fortunately persisted. Basically the one thing the guards do in the Solarium.

Kids can walk thru, Go to their parent, dine in the Solarium Bistro and even sit at the tables outside the bistro to eat. But if they came near the pools the guards kicked them out.

Nice to hear at least one rule is being enforced.:)

Personally I would love a reserved seating section in the solarium for suites. I'd love reserved seating sections for suites everywhere. I'm not holding my breath. It would be a challenge to set up and enforce. If they just actively policed the chair hogs that would likely work just as well.

Agree be nice to see a small section for suites

I am against special areas for any types of cabin in public areas. I am ok with special lounges or pool areas for suites, but only if they don't take substantial space.

I just looked at the next ship I am booked on, Explorer. There are approx. 34 suites that would be entitled to a special area. So approx. 68 adults would be able to use that area. I would think the chances of all 64 of them wanting to be in the Solarium pool area at the same time would be small. So I doubt it would really infringe upon the masses. I would think the impact to your cruising habits would be minimal, if at all.

We were recently on the Ovation and they were making these changes.

This was posted on Michael Rasmussen's Facebook page on June 28th.

Two big things for us today. The renaming of Wonderland Restaurant to Wonderland DaDong and the Solarium has now become Exclusive To Gold and Silver Card Holders. Pretty fancy. Ovation of the Seas.

Two big things for us today. The renaming of Wonderland Restaurant to Wonderland DaDong and the Solarium has now become Exclusive To Gold and Silver Card Holders. Pretty fancy. Ovation of the Seas.

Hope this is only for Asia. We love the solarium and would strongly object!

Yes, that was the hypothetical that was discussed. How would you feel if this spread to other ships in the fleet?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I see now that you will actually be on the Ovation. So yes, it is true for that ship.

The Ovation is not talked about much on this forum because so few people on this forum sail on her. I am happy that you will get to experience her.

:)

I just heard from one of the Golden Concierges on board. The Solarium is

available to Diamond members and up, and suites. This is only for the

Asian sailings .

The concierges now have two offices set up, one on deck 12 in the lounge and

the other is in the Solarium on deck 14. They also have a happy hour set up in

the Solarium.

Again, this in only temporary in the Asian market.

Edited by CAT GIRL