Noro on Explorer 9/30

Jammu2

Crap. I wouldn't want to be in the hot zone.

Many stickers above doors, including the door directly beside us. That couple was traveling with family 3 doors down, also quarantined and they kept going back and forth between cabins.:(

We did not get noro, but I did have a very bad reaction to all the chemicals in the air and ended up in the infirmary.

Cabin steward had to wash all the walls and any flat surface of all his cabins. Railings in hallways were dripping with sanitizer, door handles to cabins were always wet because he cleaned them constantly. Guys in hazmat suits fogged the cabin corridor in the middle of the night. Poor cabin steward had to put on hazmat suit to clean quarantined cabins.

We were on the previous cruise on explorer. Bags were out every day on the stairwell railings. No Noro just high swells to Rock us asleep.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Kool, I do lot longer cruises sailing out North Atlantic and use to sail every year over Labor Day/Hurricaine Season, on one there was 4 named Hurricanes when we sailed. Both those make for lot high waves, bags posted everywhere but I sleep like a baby... Noro usually makes it on every cruise, at least ones I been on, but have never got it except from my Grand Daughter. She was turning One yr old, had threw up 2 days before and had little fever which is common for young ones that just had multiple Booster Shots. She was fine on her Birthday but still carrying the bug, which I figured out after playing with her licking her fingers as she ate her first Birthday cake. I was down for 4 days....

I am currently on Explorer and have no idea what the OP is talking about. Yes, there are barf bags set at the stairs but nothing else to indicate any outbreak of noro. The bags were there at boarding. As noted above, probably from the last cruise.

I am currently on Explorer and have no idea what the OP is talking about. Yes, there are barf bags set at the stairs but nothing else to indicate any outbreak of noro. The bags were there at boarding. As noted above, probably from the last cruise.

See post #8.

Why does it happen when school is back in. I would have thought th opposite was true.

Kids get it from close quarters in the classroom and from riding germ infested school busses

Also lots of religious holidays in sept so kids being taken out for cruises

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The main reason for the outbreak of Noro is because many people don't wash their hands at all or properly after going to the bathroom and before going to eat, which is just disgusting.

Since people just don't get how important it is to wash their hands / to disinfect them, RCCL needs to be even more caucious to make sure that no one enteres Windjammer before they havent sanitized their hands. Hence one person standing at the entrance is somethimes not enough and also some that are standing there don't take the task serious enough. Since the Windjammer probably has the main outbreak risk they need to make sure that there is a 0 tolerance of anyone entering that venue before they didn't at least have had their hands sanitized

When entering the MDR, RCCL often doesn't check at all if people sanitize their hands which is also wrong. They should train their staff to always be allert and not only when the outbreak has already occured, as then it's too late

If it helps or not, I at least hope to believe it does, is that I do not eat anything at Windjammer where I need to use my hands

The main reason for the outbreak of Noro is because many people don't wash their hands at all or properly after going to the bathroom and before going to eat, which is just disgusting.

Since people just don't get how important it is to wash their hands / to disinfect them, RCCL needs to be even more caucious to make sure that no one enteres Windjammer before they havent sanitized their hands. Hence one person standing at the entrance is somethimes not enough and also some that are standing there don't take the task serious enough. Since the Windjammer probably has the main outbreak risk they need to make sure that there is a 0 tolerance of anyone entering that venue before they didn't at least have had their hands sanitized

When entering the MDR, RCCL often doesn't check at all if people sanitize their hands which is also wrong. They should train their staff to always be allert and not only when the outbreak has already occured, as then it's too late

If it helps or not, I at least hope to believe it does, is that I do not eat anything at Windjammer where I need to use my hands

Hand sanitizer does practically nothing to kill the Noro virus. It may even help spread it. Use soap and water. Clean your hands. Sanitizer is definitely NOT a substitute for cleaning your hands with soap and water, Don't go touching things unnecessarily that have likely been touched by people you don't trust have properly washed their hands. Don't grip handrails with the inside of your hand; use them as guides for the outside of your hand. Push elevator buttons with your knuckle. Don't go on a touch-fest all over your face and eyes. Be wary of shared utensils in buffet serving lines. Put utensils back on the plate, not in the food of the buffet. If you see someone, particularly a child, touch more than they should in a buffet, be sure to alert a staff member so it can be cleaned.

about 50% of the virus is from food service workers who either have bad hygiene or who work when infected. I carry single wrap wipes with Benzethonium Chloride to use before I eat. This kills the norovirus. A lot of chemicals do not kill the virus.

about 50% of the virus is from food service workers who either have bad hygiene or who work when infected. I carry single wrap wipes with Benzethonium Chloride to use before I eat. This kills the norovirus. A lot of chemicals do not kill the virus.

I'm curious...how do you know this statistic?