What would you do for a SPECIAL cruise?

ThePNVT

My husband and I are loyal to Royal (namely, it's the FlowRider because that makes the vacation for hubby...) We don't take tons of vacations, but have been trying to do a Royal cruise about every 2 years. Next year is our 20th wedding anniversary and we want to do something really special! We can't imagine any other vacation being as perfect as a RCCL cruise, but we don't want to just do something plain ol' plain ol'... and we're not millionaires ;) just regular working folks...

If you were looking to take a SPECIAL RCCL cruise in late 2019/early 2020 what would you be considering? I'm thinking repositioning maybe? We tend not to care so much about ports as we do about being on the ocean/on the ship...?? Would love ideas!

My husband and I are loyal to Royal (namely, it's the FlowRider because that makes the vacation for hubby...) We don't take tons of vacations, but have been trying to do a Royal cruise about every 2 years. Next year is our 20th wedding anniversary and we want to do something really special! We can't imagine any other vacation being as perfect as a RCCL cruise, but we don't want to just do something plain ol' plain ol'... and we're not millionaires ;) just regular working folks...

If you were looking to take a SPECIAL RCCL cruise in late 2019/early 2020 what would you be considering? I'm thinking repositioning maybe? We tend not to care so much about ports as we do about being on the ocean/on the ship...?? Would love ideas!

The 50th Birthday Celebration on symphony in Nov. might be nice.. Or any ship you like and an upgraded room... A suite perhaps.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

Yes! We're about to embark on our first Oasis class cruise and it looks (from seeing the Cruise Compasses) like there will be SO MUCH more flowrider time than on other cruises we've been on (and loved!) I think this is good advice and Oasis class should be our first priority...

If it’s the fliwridervthat makes the vacation for your hubby then book an Oasus class ship so that there are 2 flowrider. Maybe consider booking a hour private session for him.

We are celebrating our 50th anniversary, a year early, in two weeks. We want to do something special while we still have our health and mobility. We have a Grand Suite, on the Allure, booked for a B2B. It is our first suite. We are also flying First Class. Next year, if we are still healthy and mobile, we’ll come up with something Elise to do.

I think the Allure is going into dry dock, in Europe, in 2020. I would suggest a B2B, with the transAtlantic and a cruise in Europe either before or after. We did this in 2015 and had a ball.

FunBobby68 you will love that cruise on the Grandeur. We have done that same itinerary for several years and have it booked again for March 2019.

I also would recommend an upgraded cabin or a cruise to Europe. Enjoy your cruise.

Yep looking forward to this one love the 3 sea days before and after ports , plus the grandeur is a great ship

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think just a cruise with all of the splurging approved..

Oasis Class (newer is better), Ultimate Dining, maybe a suite, thermal spa passes? Flowrider group session/private time..upgraded seats on flights (first or even just the extra leg room seats!)...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would go with a longer cruise than you usually take and an upgraded cabin. Have you thought of a Baltic or Mediterranean cruise? For our 25th, we did a Panama Canal transit, the Baltic on our 30th, and for our 35th, we did a Mediterranean cruise. Do what you can while you're young and in good health.

A lot depends on how much time you can take for a cruise and what you can afford, but if it was me, I would seriously consider a "bucket list" type of cruise such as Alaska, the Med, Panama Canal Transit, South America to name a few. That would make it very special!

There's only ONE long Oasis class itinerary (once-- Oasis April 2019 from US to Spain which is dreamy but not the right time frame.) No other long ones on Oasis class! The Grandeur itineraries look sweet, but the flowrider time on the Oasis class is sooooooooooooo much more.

Currently contemplating b2b on any Oasis class that fits in our time frame...first with just a balcony room 2nd with a full suite...

Will likely look at rebooking while onboard Harmony in Dec...

Oh come on, it will be fun. [emoji924][emoji898][emoji481][emoji512][emoji531][emoji487]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If we were Pinnacle, perhaps. Until then, we will just enjoy the live reports from you :wine-glass::bottle-pop:

Hope Laura is feeling better!

Boardwalk balconies come with a private flow rider class and if you book one at the back of the ship you can watch the water shows from your balcony. Then the money you save pays for the ultimate dining package and other things. A repositioning cruise or the Panama Canal would be awesome .