Did I accidentally book during Spring Break?

I just booked a 5 night Caribbean cruise on Brilliance of the Seas out of Tampa. March 3rd through 9th. Ports are Key West and Cozumel. I can't believe I completely forgot about not booking during March and early April. Looks like about half of the colleges have Spring break this week. I booked a non refundable rate so I don't think there's any changing it. We are retired, quiet and not partiers. Does anyone have any feedback on what we should expect?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

We are also older retired folks and we will be on the Brilliance March 4th 2019 5 nights to Key West and Coz.:halo:

PS If you really just booked I believe you have a 24 hour cancellation window even with non refundable

I just booked a 5 night Caribbean cruise on Brilliance of the Seas out of Tampa. March 3rd through 9th. Ports are Key West and Cozumel. I can't believe I completely forgot about not booking during March and early April. Looks like about half of the colleges have Spring break this week. I booked a non refundable rate so I don't think there's any changing it. We are retired, quiet and not partiers. Does anyone have any feedback on what we should expect?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Your cruise has not happened so there is no way to tell you what to expect. Bring your party beads and pack your boas.

Edited by setsail

We are also older retired folks and we will be on the Brilliance March 4th 2019 5 nights to Key West and Coz.:halo:

PS If you really just booked I believe you have a 24 hour cancellation window even with non refundable

Party ship.:halo: You should have no problems keeping up with the youngsters.

Spring break is different from school to school and parts of the country. March and April are prime time for spring break and also Easter family trips.

Personally have frequently cruised in March and not had a problem; however, I usually book 7 day or longer cruises.

I think your biggest problem is a 5-day cruise. Shorter cruises are always more of a party cruise.

We've done that week out of Tampa several times, and while there will be a large number of college age kids on board, we've never had any difficulties with their behavior. They are generally quite respectful of the other passengers and tend to cluster together in large groups and find their own space to be themselves.

I have gone on several cruises that same week because I live in a university town and my daughter's spring break in middle and high school was tied to that of the university. Yes, there are likely to be a lot of partying college students on your ship, especially since it's 5, rather than 7, nights. However, as other posters said, spring break varies from one college to the next, so if you book a cruise in February-March, you are likely to hit someone's spring break.

The only time I really noticed the "craziness" was when the pool got crowded. Otherwise, you may just be relaxing in different venues than the students. On the other hand, if you make it to Quest, it will be super awesome!

I did a 5 nite cruise with dd during her spring break second year at 'Bama

was the dullest cruise we'd even been on ..... the students were present but didn't drink that much (bars were complaining of low sales) and had a tendency to run out of gas fast. Most drinking was done in ports as the drinking age on board IS 21 .... so they came back aboard and fell asleep!

Not saying all are like this .... but ya just can't make blanket generalizations . . . I'd check when the central Florida colleges have break ... Florida, Central Florida, South Florida ..... being close to the port I'd expect these schools to have highest probability of a large group on the ship . .

Any cruise between late Feb to mid April will probably have quite a few people on Spring Break. The cruises less than 7!days tend to have the most issues. If you don’t plan on spending a lot of time by the pool or in the clubs at night, you will probably be ok. Otherwise, I would take the $ 200 hit and book before the last week of February or between mid-April and mid-May.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Any cruise between late Feb to mid April will probably have quite a few people on Spring Break. The cruises less than 7!days tend to have the most issues. If you don’t plan on spending a lot of time by the pool or in the clubs at night, you will probably be ok. Otherwise, I would take the $ 200 hit and book before the last week of February or between mid-April and mid-May.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Be careful with those dates too since that moves you out of college spring break to some of the spring break weeks for public school systems.

I did a 5 nite cruise with dd during her spring break second year at 'Bama

was the dullest cruise we'd even been on ..... the students were present but didn't drink that much (bars were complaining of low sales) and had a tendency to run out of gas fast. Most drinking was done in ports as the drinking age on board IS 21 .... so they came back aboard and fell asleep!

Not saying all are like this .... but ya just can't make blanket generalizations . . . I'd check when the central Florida colleges have break ... Florida, Central Florida, South Florida ..... being close to the port I'd expect these schools to have highest probability of a large group on the ship . .

They were probably drinking their smuggled booze in their cabins.

Don't Panic! ;-)

We have a B2B2B on Brilliance for March of 2020. I'm not a partier, and know March and short cruise equals Spring Break. Stay tuned to find out if I made a HUGE mistake.

On the plus side, I did book an extra room for my brother for one of the legs. As a two time belly flop champion, I'm sure he'll fit right in!