Float mat rentals??

CruizinCutieJulia

Hey guys!!

I’ll be porting in Grand Turk for the very first time this fall and looking for information on rentals available for the beach. This is the most private-island like place on the itinerary and I have read about the beach right at the port.

Just wondering if there are mats for rent?

I love to lay in the shallow water and tan close by the ship!! I tried to search and could only find posts for 2014. Anyone recently been to GT and seen these?

Thanks so much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

Have to admit, I'm a little surprised that no one seems to rent float mats. Seems like the locals could do better -- and annoy fewer folks -- by renting out float mats instead of the first two rows of lounge chairs.

(There is an existing snorkel shack that rents snorkel gear, but apparently not mats.)

• 4 weeks later...

I bring this whenever I travel where a beach or pool are available. It's very easy to blow up by the mouth and folds very flat. I constantly get asked about it by others. I got mine at Wal-mart for $12 but Amazon has it too.

https://www.amazon.com/Aqua-Monterey-Multi-Purpose-Inflatable-Portable/dp/B01CETIWK4?crid=14H0JBFG4RQ54&keywords=aqua+floating+hammock&qid=1534826017&sprefix=aqua+float&sr=8-1&ref=mp_s_a_1_1

In case the link doesn't work, google Aqua Hammock.

Yea, in the video I point out the specific hut. Then even accepted my ship card as a deposit.

I wonder if it’s still there post hurricane? I tried to look through YouTube videos from this year and can’t see it when they pan the beach.

I hope I can find something. The mats you guys have are exactly what I love to have in the ocean!! Thanks your help