Coco Cay Beach Questions

GolfMom321

What are the beaches like? Nice smooth sand, or rocky? Do you need water shoes or can you just walk in without worrying about rocks? Are the beaches deep (from back of beach to water)? Is there plenty of shade?

Never been there, and can't seem to find the answers to these questions on here.

Thanks

The beach areas are nice...I didn't need water shoes...but I saw some wearing them. You can see what's underfoot in the water...it's really clear! Yes, they've cleared lots of room to make more "beach"...and there's more than 1 beach area....the 1st one is the most crowded...so keep walking past that, if crowds aren't your thing! Lots of trees for shade...no worries!

The beach areas are nice...I didn't need water shoes...but I saw some wearing them. You can see what's underfoot in the water...it's really clear! Yes, they've cleared lots of room to make more "beach"...and there's more than 1 beach area....the 1st one is the most crowded...so keep walking past that, if crowds aren't your thing! Lots of trees for shade...no worries!

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
Has the water levels come back up yet or are they really shallow? Last time the water was ankle deep for a long ways.

It may just depend on the ocean tides. Not sure that the ocean water level "comes back up" unless you mean glaciers melting?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Agree where the beach beds were it was rediculously shallow

Yes, the "south beach" side goes 100 yards out at waist level at low tide. The side facing the ship is deeper, they dive and snorkel on that side.

Agree where the beach beds were it was rediculously shallow

In your opinion was the beach bed worth the price?

I know I will need some shade, and like the idea of having a bed, as long as it isn’t cruddy or anything.

We are definitely not doing a cabana or bungalow.

In your opinion was the beach bed worth the price?

I know I will need some shade, and like the idea of having a bed, as long as it isn’t cruddy or anything.

We are definitely not doing a cabana or bungalow.

We had a beach bed in March 2017 and it was great.

We have more family going in Nov 2018 and will be getting a bungalow, but would have no issues doing the beach bed again either.

We had a beach bed in March 2017 and it was great.

We have more family going in Nov 2018 and will be getting a bungalow, but would have no issues doing the beach bed again either.

Thank you! I just didn’t want to waste my money.

Just returned. We went to area just past Aqua stuff. Very pretty. Water is shallow. There are a few small rocks to get over when you get in water . We didn't have water shoes but had to go slow to pass (but not large area). Beautiful beach.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Just returned. We went to area just past Aqua stuff. Very pretty. Water is shallow. There are a few small rocks to get over when you get in water . We didn't have water shoes but had to go slow to pass (but not large area). Beautiful beach.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Were tge jellyfish bad?

Just got back. We did not enjoy this stop. This was our first time there. We just got back from Disney castaway cay 3 months earlier and loved it, tons of shade. Here at CC - Hot!!!! No breeze. Had a bungalow. Our food did not get to us til after 1. It was so soggy we could not eat it. The buns were soaked and fell apart, as did the tacos. By that time the grill service was over. Most people only stayed at their bungalow half the time due to heat. Low tide when we arrived and you could not get into the water due to shallowness and the “grass” I was extremely disappointed in the amount of shade.