Falmouth to Negril? Help please...

big al

Hi guys- My friends are going to Falmouth in mid November on the Liberty Of The Seas and are interested in going to Negril..anyone know any tour operators there? Also, it looks like the Falmouth port to Negril is about 45-50 miles, or 1 hour, anyone confirm that? They are interested in going to Rick's Cafe, too...any suggestions on excursions would be great..they like nature trails and wildlife, and a nice beach would nice,too...thanks!

Big Al

• 4 years later...

I would like to piggy back on this post if you don't mind. My husband and I have a similar inquiry. We will be on Liberty of the Seas going to Falmouth and want to check out a resort on the Cliffs of Negril to see if it would be something we would want to come back to for a stand alone vacation. Is it possible to get there, see the resort, have lunch, and make it back with plenty of time to spare for my nervous about missing the ship hubby? We are scheduled to be in port from 8a-5p but I know those things can change. Thank you op for letting me tag along!

• 4 weeks later...
Hi guys- My friends are going to Falmouth in mid November on the Liberty Of The Seas and are interested in going to Negril..anyone know any tour operators there? Also, it looks like the Falmouth port to Negril is about 45-50 miles, or 1 hour, anyone confirm that? They are interested in going to Rick's Cafe, too...any suggestions on excursions would be great..they like nature trails and wildlife, and a nice beach would nice,too...thanks!

Big Al

The drive is anything from 2 hours to 2 hrs 30 mts each way.

They did build a new highway and claim that it takes a bit faster to get there now, but I would not do it if I was on a cruise port stop.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
We went on the Negril Excursion from Montego Bay and it was about 2 hours bus ride each way. Falmouth is further away than Montego Bay.

Even though this thread was started a while ago we just started doing research for a visit to Negril. We found the same thing that Montego Bay is closer to Negril. But we're looking to go to Rick's Cafe anyone do that from Montego Bay and can recommend a touring company?

We have never been on a cruise to Jamaica, but have been there 15 times via flying, and Sangster International is in Montego Bay, and we have stayed in both Negril and Runaway Bay. Being that they are in opposite directions, they are both from 1 1/2 and 2 hours away depending on traffic and and mode of travel. We used to take the bus provided by the hotels, but that has been stopped so we decided to hire our own taxi to get us there. A private taxi has advantages being you can stop if needed for photo ops, get drinks, or just stretch your legs...unlike the bus if someone does not want to stop, they don't. The taxi's also are just a little faster than the bus on the winding roads.

Ricks Cafe will take you a couple of hours each way, so time would be a factor in getting back to the ship. We have used Rock'y Taxi and Tour Service several times for both airport service, and private tours. You can make arrangements for the driver to stay with you to bring you back to the ship, so you do not get stuck in Negril. I will add that we have been to Ricks a couple of times, and it is not our favorite place to go. It is fun to see and is beautiful, but we have found better places to eat with a great view on the cliffs of Negril as well as places to explore.