Which ports for snorkeling?

Chrystine5

My husband and I are booked for a Journey’s cruise on the Carnival Sunshine for January 2019. Our ports are Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, St. Kitts, SanJuan, and Amber Cove D.R. Any thoughts in which would be the best for snorkeling? We have our own gear. I have heard DR is probably not the best, any suggestions or tour companies for the others? I tried getting a tour through Blue Water Safaris in St Kitts, but they’re booked solid already... [emoji47]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

None of these ports is particularly known for snorkeling. Your best bets may be St. Maarten’s Divi Beach or Aruba’s Arashi Beach. You can probably book a decent boat snorkel in Curacao or St. Kitts.

On St. Kitts, Javin’s MyIsland tour is excellent and includes an interesting wreck snorkel.

None of your ports are known for fantastic snorkeling ... but you certainly can find decent snorkeling.

You would probably enjoy going to the Ports of Call Board here on Cruise Critic and checking under each of your port stops. :)

None of these ports is particularly known for snorkeling. Your best bets may be St. Maarten’s Divi Beach or Aruba’s Arashi Beach. You can probably book a decent boat snorkel in Curacao or St. Kitts.

On St. Kitts, Javin’s MyIsland tour is excellent and includes an interesting wreck snorkel.

Thanks for the tips. I had heard that Arashi beach in Aruba was worth a shot. I’ll check out Javin’s.

None of your ports are known for fantastic snorkeling ... but you certainly can find decent snorkeling.

You would probably enjoy going to the Ports of Call Board here on Cruise Critic and checking under each of your port stops. :)

Oddly, several of these ports aren’t even listed under the ports of call section here... idk why, maybe just lesser known/visited?

Oddly, several of these ports aren’t even listed under the ports of call section here... idk why, maybe just lesser known/visited?

ALL of the ports/countries you will be visiting are listed in the ports of call section under Caribbean as sub-forums.

Lots of helpful information there. :)

Curaçao- Curious2Dive

St Kitts- Dive St Kitts

St Maarten- Dutch side with Octopus Diving

We love snorkeling and heading back to Caribbean early next year too. Have fun!

Thanks so much! I just emailed 2 of them for more info. In St Maarten what is the name of the tour company?