Summit: Family Verandah

A great deal came up 4 months ago for a FV GTY we could book one as 1,2,3 or 4 person cabin online but we had to phone to book our family of 5 in.:rolleyes:

RCCL and Celebrity's reservation system cannot handle more than four people. To book five, the reservations have to be split. I am told that this problem is unique to RCCL and Celebrity.

623627703a1bf56ada2d441ccc51332a.jpg

They're our favorite cabins on M class.

b1a961cb6bc5d57e5927d4af465e699a.jpg

We've been in 8166 (3x) and 7202 once.

0ccb4f86f8dae5702494f64b9b380623.jpg

A year ago we were in Infinity 8166 going around South America.

d7437e9e5da51d489e7dd3440ac752f1.jpg

It was a fifteen nighter and the extra space both in the cabin and balcony was great.

f394a683267594c65b2f1c2318e3743a.jpg

Although they're really not designed to house five people even though initially that's the required number to book these cabins early.

67e2cc0ab443f57001ced16d424f0f35.jpg

Just wanted you to know I truly appreciate your photos - I have 13 days to go and I can see myself having breakfast on the balcony!

I'm so excited about this as well. We have 7202 booked in a month! It was interesting getting this cabin for 4 but we were able to. Also, getting all four of us on one reservation was an exercise in patience! I can't wait!!

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forums mobile app

How do you find out if they’re still available for your cruise?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

The family veranda was hands down the best room I have ever had on a cruise. Even better than the suites I've been in. No separate dressing room or bathtub but there was a large mirror and counter with a stool in each "room" and the ginormous balcony more than made up for no tub.

The family veranda was hands down the best room I have ever had on a cruise. Even better than the suites I've been in. No separate dressing room or bathtub but there was a large mirror and counter with a stool in each "room" and the ginormous balcony more than made up for no tub.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. Welcome to the FV club!

We were just able to book a FV GTY for 3 people for Nov 2019- I'm concerned about them "Upgrading" us to Concierge -The concierge class cabins are actually pricing at less that then the FV Guarantee - So if they put us in a concierge it would technically be a downgrade -I've taken screenshots of all the pricing - Any thoughts? I had originally thought a guarantee really did guarantee a cabin in that category and that we couldn't be upgraded out of it - But now I'm reading thats not the reality...

Thanks!

Tell them you do not want any upgrade and only want an FV cabin. But the internal FV cabins on an M class ship are akin to being in a tunnel as far as I am concerned. Only the corners are worthwhile for my two cents worth but, boy, they are really worthwhile!

Tell them you do not want any upgrade and only want an FV cabin. But the internal FV cabins on an M class ship are akin to being in a tunnel as far as I am concerned. Only the corners are worthwhile for my two cents worth but, boy, they are really worthwhile!
Totally agree!

It's a GTY so technically they could assign you anything from FV AND above. It has nothing to do with pricing but is done by category hierarchy. In the hierarchy C3 is above FV so technically they could assign.

Having said all that I doubt that will happen especially with this class as it's well known these are "special" cabins. I expect you will get a FV but if you were a Captains Club member I would probably call them and confirm.

If your cabin has been assigned as a FV then I really wouldn't worry about being upgraded but it would probably be good to call and have them note on the reservation that you won't accept an upgrade.