Vegan on Solstice ... new! Oceanview Cafe

cruisestitch

What a great idea!

We are not vegan but chatted with a lady last cruise who was. She had traveled on several different cruise lines and had found Celebrity MDR so far ‘the best’ at catering for guests with specific dining needs although she said she had found advice in the buffet ‘confusing’....

I love to visit the buffet, browse and be ‘tempted’ to try something....So often guests with specific dietary needs must be in the situation of simply looking to see something suitable. Hopefully a vegan station will help address this.

Good move Solstice!

Please ask which station was eliminated to add a Vegan Station. It should be easy to find the Vegan Station, it’s the one without a line.;) Hopefully this will be a short experiment.

Hopefully it is long lived! :halo:

We enjoy great food as well...

bon voyage

Please ask which station was eliminated to add a Vegan Station. It should be easy to find the Vegan Station, it’s the one without a line.;) Hopefully this will be a short experiment.

Vegan also works for those with dairy allergies so I hope that thie Vegan station quickly becomes standard across the fleet! Those who cannot eat dairy will tell you how difficult it can be as there is often hidden dairy in foods. It isn’t just a case of eliminating the obvious dairy items.

Vegan also works for those with dairy allergies so I hope that thie Vegan station quickly becomes standard across the fleet! Those who cannot eat dairy will tell you how difficult it can be as there is often hidden dairy in foods. It isn’t just a case of eliminating the obvious dairy items.

Right. I'm curios to see what kind of food will be provided. Vegan on airlines is often also an "alias" for Asian vegetarian (which is delicious as alternative) and religious meal limitations.

Salad is often not vegan (mayonnaise, dressings, eggs). There is the misconception that vegan is healthy or light. French fries with ketchup are my preferred vegan meal. I like also hot vegetables (and also deep fry vegetables). Pesto pasta, bruschette, most of the pizzas (Italian), moussaka (Greek), ratatouille (France), gazpacho (Spain), ...

It sure looks like something was eliminated, can you find out which station was removed? It looks like the stir fry station may be history. That will be a shame if that was eliminated.

I Am sure they will make you a stir fry if you want it..... just request it the day before.

bon voyage

I'm sure in a large space such as Oceanview cafe they can rearrange things without eliminating anything. There are a lot of duplicate stations. It is good that Celebrity has added a selection for Vegan foods to serve those guests on board. Maybe they will also add a Gluten-free selection area too?

I'm sure in a large space such as Oceanview cafe they can rearrange things without eliminating anything. There are a lot of duplicate stations. It is good that Celebrity has added a selection for Vegan foods to serve those guests on board. Maybe they will also add a Gluten-free selection area too?

I'm not sure I agree. The Oceanview Cafe is fairly well organized and utilized, space cannot be created. Something has been eliminated. Adding sections for small groups takes away choices for the large majority of cruisers. Maybe the people who need or want glue free, vegan, etc should follow Bo's advice and simply request a day early.

Agreed, lots of duplicate options on Oceanview. If anything they've taken away choices they used to have, and duplicated making more of the same lately, so some attempt at increasing variety like this is beneficial.

bigbeergut - I am always interested to read posts from a wide swath of views... I don't think a station offering something else needs to be "eliminated" there are generally multiples of most things and taking one of those duplicate stations out of rotation to offer something different isn't really eliminating anything. I have a very good friend that is vegan, so when she was near me in Boston for work (FEB 2017), I drove out to meet her and spend the weekend. Being a bit of a foodie myself, I knew she would be surprised if I found some options to try that would work for her as well. I have to say that I was completely blown away with good vegan options when they are done right. While I don't have a lot of confidence that Celebrity will make a vegan station as good as their Indian station, I do hope it works out for those that are vegan or with dietary restrictions.

EDIT: In case you decide to reply to my post, I had not read all the way through before starting my post. I agree with TeeRick, even if you don't. There has always been a couple of duplicates. I doubt that the stirfry will be eliminated, but realize that it isn't offered every night, either.