Inconsistent Drink Package Inclusions

smellywax

on previous sailings, the classic alcohol package included specialty coffees like the Melba etc. Before purchasing the package we specifically asked if it included all nonalcoholic specialty coffees since we don’t really drink alcohol but do drink a lot of coffees and teas. Depending on who you ask, you always get a different answer and it seems to depend on the beverage manager. We are currently on the Silhouette and we have been told the classic alcohol package does not include any specialty Coffees other than lattes and cappuccino. So no specialty ice frappe coffees, non alcohol specialty coffees like the peach Melba and we were told it doesn’t include any frozen drinks either. We were told by the pursors desk that the classic package doesn’t include any of what we were told and we would have to upgrade to premium. That doesn’t make sense when we don’t drink alcohol. We asked to be refunded the package we purchased and Miami said they couldn’t since we prepaid online?! Not a great way to start a cruise. I would have paid for the drinks separate has I not been told they were included. HQ and Beverage managers need to be more specific with which non alcoholic drinks are included in packages and be consistent because it is different on all ships it seems

I just checked the package description on-line & it says Premium coffees and teas for the Classic package, exact same words as for the Premium package. Not sure what is in a peach Melba but if there isn’t any alcohol from the Premium package don’t know why it isn’t included.

As for frozen drinks, have you tried ordering the drink eg pina colada and asking tge bartender to hold the alcohol?

The beverage packages have been re-aligned over the last year or so...

As you have remembered it, it most likely has changed... for better or worse pending on what one desires.

Staff on-board will be the final arbiter of what is or is not included, fortunately or unfortunately.

Sorry it was not to your liking or desire.

bon voyage

Unless something has changed since May 15 premium coffees and teas are included in the Classic Alcohol Package. Frozen drinks like a Pina Colada are also included. There is a $9.00 max on the price.

If by frozen drinks you mean the Smoothies then those are not included and you would need the Premium Package for those. Here’s a link to the list from May 15 when they raised the price of the premium package. http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11026027_CEL_Beverage_Packages_Flyer.pdf

Hope this helps!

I'm a little confused. You decided to pay $65 a day each for a classic alcohol package because it covered specialty coffees etc.; did you really expect to spend over $65 a day per person on non-alcoholic drinks??

Not sure why this matters. The OP purchased the package for whatever reason based on information they were given. Now that they are on board it appears as though the information was not correct or has changed.

If many of the coffees (and/or frozen drinks) are no longer included, there are going to be a lot of ticked off people that have the Classic Package as a perk. Just sayin'!

It does seem odd to pay $65 a day for classic alcohol package when you really don't drink alcohol. The premium non-alcoholic package would have been better at $22 a day plus gratuity.

I would push the issue with the purser or Beverage Manager. Maybe they'll at least agree to change you to the premium non-alcoholic package instead. You might not get a refund but at least you won't have to pay for the coffee drinks you want.

Or pay more to upgrade to premium alcohol and start drinking!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

The classic package covers drinks up to and including $9. Frozen drinks like mudslide, pina colada, etc.are definitely covered. Just had a mudslide last week on Equinox with classic alcohol package. If the desired coffees are over $9 they would not be covered. I'll bet the staff at Cafe al Baccio knows what is covered and what is not.

The beverage packages have been re-aligned over the last year or so...

As you have remembered it, it most likely has changed... for better or worse pending on what one desires.

Staff on-board will be the final arbiter of what is or is not included, fortunately or unfortunately.

Sorry it was not to your liking or desire.

bon voyage

Just like everything else on the ship.

What?! This news really annoys me. I too am not a big drinker of alcohol and are looking forward to enjoying mostly non-alcoholic drinks.

Other than when it comes to specialty waters and energy drinks, I agree that Celebrity are really unclear about the placement of non-alcoholic drinks. One minute I read things like smoothies are covered, the next minute I read they aren’t. It should come down to the price ($9 or under) and that’s it.

OP, assuming that the specialty coffees you want are under $9, have you asked how they will be charged? Surely they can’t charge you a difference if there isn’t one - especially given that their paperwork says specialty coffees are included.

Not sure why this matters. The OP purchased the package for whatever reason based on information they were given. Now that they are on board it appears as though the information was not correct or has changed.

If many of the coffees (and/or frozen drinks) are no longer included, there are going to be a lot of ticked off people that have the Classic Package as a perk. Just sayin'!

Agreed!

OP can change the classic alcohol package to premium non-alcoholic and maybe even get some $ back.

My husband and I always choose the Classic Alcohol package. He doesn't drink alcohol, but likes sparking water so he trades his package for the Premium Non Alcohol package. Celebrity has never offered, nor did we expect a partial refund. I only add this so OP won't get her hopes up and be disappointed again.

Unless something has changed since May 15 premium coffees and teas are included in the Classic Alcohol Package. Frozen drinks like a Pina Colada are also included. There is a $9.00 max on the price.

If by frozen drinks you mean the Smoothies then those are not included and you would need the Premium Package for those. Here’s a link to the list from May 15 when they raised the price of the premium package. http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11026027_CEL_Beverage_Packages_Flyer.pdf

Hope this helps!

That’s exactly how it was sold to me as far as anything non alcoholic $9 or less and yet, they told me none of these drinks are included: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Gg2MDgPD9jWTCxUp8

I'm a little confused. You decided to pay $65 a day each for a classic alcohol package because it covered specialty coffees etc.; did you really expect to spend over $65 a day per person on non-alcoholic drinks??

We drink a lot of the vitamin waters, sparkling water, teas, specialty coffees and an occasional alcohol beverage. I can add and yes from previous cruises, we spent more to justify the package.

What?! This news really annoys me. I too am not a big drinker of alcohol and are looking forward to enjoying mostly non-alcoholic drinks.

Other than when it comes to specialty waters and energy drinks, I agree that Celebrity are really unclear about the placement of non-alcoholic drinks. One minute I read things like smoothies are covered, the next minute I read they aren’t. It should come down to the price ($9 or under) and that’s it.

OP, assuming that the specialty coffees you want are under $9, have you asked how they will be charged? Surely they can’t charge you a difference if there isn’t one - especially given that their paperwork says specialty coffees are included.

It doesn’t actually come down to price. It depends on if the drink (for whatever arbitrary reasons) is listed as available under your package. For example, on the Classic Package drinks up to $9 are included. However, Red Bull is NOT included, even though it costs less than $9. If I wanted one I would be charged the full price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The classic package covers drinks up to and including $9. Frozen drinks like mudslide, pina colada, etc.are definitely covered. Just had a mudslide last week on Equinox with classic alcohol package. If the desired coffees are over $9 they would not be covered. I'll bet the staff at Cafe al Baccio knows what is covered and what is not.

There were drink menus at bars which included what was covered in the Standard, Classic and Premium packages. Very clear to see what you could order depending on your package. Great addition and no confusion on our cruise.

Get the premium non alcohol package.

Smoothies are not covered by the classic alcohol package.

My husband and I always choose the Classic Alcohol package. He doesn't drink alcohol, but likes sparking water so he trades his package for the Premium Non Alcohol package. Celebrity has never offered, nor did we expect a partial refund. I only add this so OP won't get her hopes up and be disappointed again.

We do the same.

It doesn’t actually come down to price. It depends on if the drink (for whatever arbitrary reasons) is listed as available under your package. For example, on the Classic Package drinks up to $9 are included. However, Red Bull is NOT included, even though it costs less than $9. If I wanted one I would be charged the full price.

Thanks. ‘Arbitrary reasons’ is one good way of putting it. Frustrating people enough to make them upgrade to the premium alcohol package is another.

I’m okay with Red Bull, Evian, Vitamin water etc not being included as Celebrity is very clear about this. It’s the things they are not clear about that annoy me.

I have read so many conflicting accounts re. coffees, smoothies, squeezed juices, canned vs. non-canned soda etc that it makes me wonder if even Celebrity staff are in 100% agreement about what is actually included.

At the end of the day, it would just be nice to get some transparency. If Celebrity can be detailed about what brands of gin are and aren’t included, it would be nice if they could also be clearer about non-alcoholic options. If they are going to instill a whole range of random criteria for what isn’t and isn’t included, it would be nice if customers knew during the booking stage what these are.

I will drink the occasional alcoholic drink so am not interested in dropping to the non-alcohol package (I would rather pay for the occasional smoothie than the occasional mojito). However, some knowledge would have helped me better decide whether I should have upgraded to the premium alcohol package before the price hike or during a past drinks promotion.

While I won’t be losing any sleep over this, I do sympathise with the OP and share his/her frustration.

While I won’t be losing any sleep over this, I do sympathise with the OP and share his/her frustration.

Me too. Believe it or not I've seen the same alcoholic beverage be available in one bar on the classic package but only available on the premium package on the same Eclipse sailing! This was before they allowed you to just pay the difference if you had the classic beverage package.

Celebrity Cruises, consistently inconsistent since 1988.