Quick Eclipse review

Toronto Guy

Just got off ship today in Amsterdam. Overall a good cruise with cool weather and considerable rain being the downside. Sea days were thankfully warm and sunny so we did get some deck time, but had hoped for warmer weather in the ports. British isles is definitely not an itinerary I would do again. Much preferred our Baltic cruise for a Northern European itinerary. Ship was clean and well maintained however did hear of some unhappy with the upkeep of their cabins. Ours was good and no signs of wear and tear were visible. Service was very good for the most part. Entertainment was rather poor with a few exceptions. Main dining room food was a disappointment for me. Murano and Tuscan Grille were good, as was a special Indian meal that was held in Sushi on Five on one evening. Qsine was just awful with the new Petit Chef - and I mean truly awful food and service in our opinion. Some liked it though so different strokes for different folks. Buffet was really good we thought - although we never eat dinner there. Options are really good for lunch and breakfast etc. Spa and gym were good and so were the exercise classes. My biggest disappointment was definitely main dining room food quality and lack of entertainment options - I really wish Celebrity would offer some late night shows so you had something to do after second seating dinner. Going to the bar every night gets boring fast. We booked onboard to do Azamara next time as we think it is time for us to pay more for better food quality and we think it suits us better. We can still earn Captains Club points that way and maybe sail one one of the new Edge class ships on Celebrity in the future.

We had a fantastic cruise on our Eclipse TransAtlantic last OCT/NOV from Southampton to Miami.

MDR food was excellent, entertainment was good enough. We will not book Edge until prices come down (way down).

We had a fantastic cruise on our Eclipse TransAtlantic last OCT/NOV from Southampton to Miami.

MDR food was excellent, entertainment was good enough. We will not book Edge until prices come down (way down).

Yes I agree. We priced Edge for next year and it was ridiculous. I’d never pay that price for Celebrity.