Why no appreciation drink coupon for Platinum?

cruiser4305

I understand that Platinum and Diamond cruisers get to go to the VIFP party with complimentary drinks, but I really liked the appreciation drink ticket that I got to use on the last night as a Gold member. We really enjoyed getting a nice martini at the Alchemy bar or getting a glass of wine at dinner for free the last night. It feels a little less structured, which is what we like on a cruise. Just seems like they could have kept the drink ticket in addition to the VIFP party.

I wish they would just have a free drink for any bar at any time. I just don't see the point in the restrictions. In May, we just walked to the dining room during brunch, told the host that all we wanted was to redeem the coupon & didn't care to be seated. He got a waiter to take our drink order & bring them to us and we went on our merry way.

We’re platinum and on the fascination right now.

We have our complimentary drink coupons, nothing has changed :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thanks, thats what i thought. I would have sworn I had one that must have gotten thrown out. I did.

glad for the confirmation. It didnt make any sense that this was changed.

OP is talking about the free drink coupon Gold can redeem on the last night, not the free drink for use in MDR for breakfast, brunch or lunch.

The title of this says why no appreciation drink for platinum? how can he mean gold?

Very confusing thread. No one knows what the OP meant it seems hahahaaha

OP did not mean they quit giving the free appreciation drink to Gold. They just liked getting the coupon better than the platinum/diamond party. They would like to receive both.

Exactly.

I prefer having one nice drink to spend as I wish than feeling forced to go a function at a specific time and feeling like I have to drink a bunch of beer or mixed sugary drinks to "get my money's worth."

I understand that Platinum and Diamond cruisers get to go to the VIFP party with complimentary drinks, but I really liked the appreciation drink ticket that I got to use on the last night as a Gold member. We really enjoyed getting a nice martini at the Alchemy bar or getting a glass of wine at dinner for free the last night. It feels a little less structured, which is what we like on a cruise. Just seems like they could have kept the drink ticket in addition to the VIFP party.

Totally agree with you.

Can you get a smoothie or daiquiri in the MDR with the platinum coupon? Can you get a smoothie or daiquiri at the party or are you limited to certain drinks?

The coupon is good up to a certain value - maybe $9 - so anything under that is free and anything above you pay the difference.

You can get a Virgin daiquiri at the party - not sure about a “smoothie” but any of the virgin drinks on a bar menu appears to be fair game. We often ask the wait staff for things other than what they are serving.

The coupon is good up to a certain value - maybe $9 - so anything under that is free and anything above you pay the difference.

You can get a Virgin daiquiri at the party - not sure about a “smoothie” but any of the virgin drinks on a bar menu appears to be fair game. We often ask the wait staff for things other than what they are serving.

I said smoothie because the drink menus at the lobby bar call it a smoothie instead of a virgin daiquiri.