Just back from the Carnival Conquest and I Have Lots To Talk About And to Show!!!

MsJersey84

Nassau: Sept 24

Funtimes%201_zpsaeco4fl5.jpg

Funtimes%202_zps8dsrjwjp.jpg

We woke up to the beautiful sun shining around 8:30 am. We showered and got dressed and we were off to the MDR for breakfast.

Breakfast%20Menu_zps1yfgfilr.png

I am so sorry we were so hungry we didn't get a picture of our food. I had the french toast with a side of bacon and hash browns, along with a Pineapple Mimosa. Nick has an omelet with ham, mushroom, and tomatoes. He also had waffles with a side of sausage, and a traditional Mimosa.

view_zpsxfekdar4.jpg

Our view from our breakfast table!

Breakfast was a little slow coming out so we had small talk with the other couples at our table. Finally our food arrived and not a moment too soon because I was starving. We ate until we were content because we know that we would not be eating while in port. Excited to get on our way to the beach we ran down to the room grabbed our beach bag, sun glasses, and plenty of sunblock because I burn easily these days who would have knew. I got sunburn for the first time in my life back in June when we took the kids to the lake for the day and now every time I am in the sun longer then 2hrs or so I start to burn. Anywho we were off to the taxi line.. We were just winging it today. We just wanted to take a taxi to Cabbage beach layout and enjoy the water!! On the way to the taxi stand I got of a picture of our beautiful home on the sea!

Conquest_zpsu0of2gf2.jpg

• Like 1

The pics aren’t showing up for me either[emoji20]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sorry everyone the website Photobucket which I was using to make my pictures public has crashed. Thats why I havent posted and why you cant see the picture anymore.

We were put into a taxi van with about 8 or so other people. All going varies places. We paid $4 per person to go to Cabbage Beach.Here are some pictures we took along the way.

view%202_zpsrvg6i5kb.jpg

Atlantis_zpsh6wwxqoi.jpg

We arrive at the beach between 10:30 and11:00am by the time we got there the beach was in full swing.

view%204_zpsuzbbgzbb.jpg

view%203_zpsdjcrljb7.jpg

On our incline to the beach entrance there were plenty of locals selling all kinds of stuff. We politely said no thank you and kept walking. When we finally reached the beach there was a young gentleman offering 2 beach loungers and umbrella for $30 and the just the umbrella for $15. We decided we just wanted the umbrella because we would be spending most of our day in the water and we could just lay out on our towels when we wanted shade. Well so we thought anyway. A short while after the young man had set us up we noticed a red no swim flag.. Seriously!!! The water was too rough to swim in. Of course there were people trying to swim anyway and we witness many people be knocked over trying to get in and out of the water.We also witnessed may people literally being dragged out by the tide. Just as we finished setting up our towels another local gentleman approached us offering unlimited drinks in a fresh coconut for $20 he pointed over to his tent and we were sold!! He cracked a fresh coconut right in front of you. He put some ice in, then he fill the coconut half full with rum and then filled the rest of it with any of his 15 different juices. Now this was unlimited alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks all you had to do was walk to the tent for a refill..Luckily his tent was only like 20 feet from where we were set up for the day.Around 215pm we decided to head back to the ship so we could try to make it the BBQ place on board that is open daily from 12 to 3pm. So we packed up our things and offered our paid umbrella to older couple that looked like they couldn’t stand another moment in the heat. They were so happy that we offered then our umbrella.. 30 mins later we were back on board eating our BBQ. The BBQ place offers BBQ chicken, beef, pork and several different sides.. We couldn’t decided what meat to get so we got a sample of all three.. In my book the pork was the best..

BBQ%202_zpsejloxhjl.jpg

BBQ_zpshz0xhgcx.jpg

After eating our food we decided that we would go to the serenity deck and find us a clam-shell to relax in and watch sail away from. On our way to the clam-shell we stop at the serenity bar and grabbed some cocktails, since it was early the serenity deck was empty. PERFECT!! We climbed in the clam-shell with our drinks and somewhere along the way we dozed off.. Until once again the horn woke up us letting us know we were leaving the port.. We popped up just in time to get some pictures as we were leaving..

** Side note: So on most ships the serenity is in the aft of the ship but on the Conquest its in the front. After doing some research the conquest was made without an adult only area, so when she went into dry dock for the 2.0 upgraded they decided that this was the area they wanted to make the serenity area. The Serenity is complete with a lower level that has a bar and clam-shells and the upper level of the serenity has two hot tubes and a couple of hammocks**

• Like 2

After saying good bye to Nassau we went down to our room to relax a little while before getting ready for our first elegant night.

**Side note so my phone was stolen while we were in Turks and Caicos so this is why we only have some pictures of the food. I have the pictures that my husband took on his phone and the food that was taken on my phone is lost because we didn't have the internet package to backup my photos. My husband has many many pictures but some of the food is missing sorry**

Nas%20menu%202_zpsuglk9d09.jpg

Nas%20mneu_zpsa8ukow5y.png

Nas%20menu_zpsamnhtnz9.png

Nick had the mushroom cream soup, two orders of the lobster tail, Carnival melting cake and the Jamaican coffee to finish his dinner off.

I had the Blackened Pork tart,two orders of the lobster tail, crème burlee, and the fresh Italian.

Dinner was excellent and so was the dance performance by the staff. So if you haven’t already guessed this about me I love to dance so every night at dinner when the music would come on I would be clapping and dancing in my seat. Well on this night our main server Hugo pulled me out my seat to come dance with them. This is nick acting like he isn’t taking a selfie of himself trying to get me dancing in the background.

Dancing_zpsnhzdc5bw.jpg

Formal%20us_zps8lg2ynyv.jpg

I just love me some us!! LOL

• Like 2

It was now about 9:45pm the night was still young the 80’s dance production in the main theater was calling our names. What a great show with all the hits from the 80’s I don’t think there was one person in the whole theater who wasn’t singing along.. The 80’s show was over about 11pm just in time for us to make a dash for the comedy show.Good thing we did because within the next 10 mins of us arriving at the punchliner, it was filled and there people standing along the sides. Everyone left the one show and went right to the next. While we were waiting for the show to start I sighted Carley and Matt and went over to say Hello while Nick ordered us some cocktails.

punchliner_zpsntt6wblp.jpg

punchliner%202_zpsvjnd54x9.jpg

On this cruise there were two comedians. Ronnie Bullard who we had, had the pleasure of seeing last year when we sailed the carnival Triumph, and Sam Demaris. Tonight would be Sam Demaris show. Sam's show tonight was not one of my favorites but Nick loved it. To each his own.. After the show we decided we would do our nightly tradition and grab some pizza and then turn in for the night.

Up Next: Half Moon Cay!! The best day of the cruise if you ask me!!

• Like 1

Where are you driving from? We drive to all ports and live in Cincinnati. We have not cruised out of Lauderdale or Miami yet but the company my husband works for is headquartered down there so we have done the drive many times. That's a 2 day drive for us. Mobile, Charleston, Jacksonville, Cape Canaveral and New Orleans are one day.

Depending on who is with us, we depart from either Louisville, Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky or Youngstown, Ohio. We have done Charleston, Baltimore, New York City, Philadelphia, Bayonne, Norfolk and New Orleans all in a day. The Florida ports just seem like I can't fire people up for. From Lexington, I know Tampa isn't a terrible drive though, done it a few time and done it from Cincinnati a few times as well when I worked there and went straight after . I think I'll have the best shot convincing people for that one, then maybe building my way up hahaha.

Love the review so far. Thanks for taking us along with you. It helps to tide me over until my cruise in Feb on the Dream.

I'm sorry someone stole your phone.

Will you be writing a review?? I have never sailed on the dream

Depending on who is with us, we depart from either Louisville, Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky or Youngstown, Ohio. We have done Charleston, Baltimore, New York City, Philadelphia, Bayonne, Norfolk and New Orleans all in a day. The Florida ports just seem like I can't fire people up for. From Lexington, I know Tampa isn't a terrible drive though, done it a few time and done it from Cincinnati a few times as well when I worked there and went straight after . I think I'll have the best shot convincing people for that one, then maybe building my way up hahaha.

I hope you can get everyone on board!!!

Half Moon Cay: Sept 25

HM_zpsxnijhpu5.jpg

HM%202_zpsluqutg9q.jpg

We woke up about 9:30 to the beautiful sun shining. We decided that this morning we did not want to have breakfast, in fact we would just wait for the BBQ lunch that is provided on the island. So we put on our swim wear extra sun screen, packed our beach bag and we were off.Nick has never been to Half Moon Cay, and I visited her about 4 years ago on a girls cruise. But back then there were no Cabanas or ship bar. The water was rocky and brown looking. So when we arrived to the island and she had been given a total makeover it was wonderful..

HM%20us_zpsyifff2tc.jpg

HM%20view_zpswamabge8.jpg

Nick and I enjoy being away from the crowded areas, so we walked all the way down the beach coast to where the cabanas and water activity rental is and found us two beach chairs.

HM%20view%204_zpswmedxotj.jpg

HM%20view%202_zpslkbpbc8a.jpg

Two beach chairs that we didn’t sit in for even 2 secs. We placed our beach towels on the chairs and our bags under the towels and headed out to the water.. At first the water was cold but as the day got hotter the water felt just right..

• Like 1

After sometime just relaxing and spending time with each other in the water. We went and rented the Aqua bikes for an hour ($40). We peddled all the way out until we were over dark blue water and our legs couldn’t take it anymore.. So we rested for a moment and then we headed back in. Apparently we were so far out that it took us forever to get back.. Literally forever.. We went out to the right of the ship but we were midship when we decided to turn back.

Water%20bike_zpsdqgfkai5.jpg

Water%20bike%202_zpson6mjbdn.jpg

By the time we reached the shore we were overheated, and starving. So we headed straight for the BBQ buffet. The buffet offered burgers, hotdogs, jerk chicken, a world of different salads and fruit,along with a few different cakes.. By the time (12/12:30pm) we ate they were out of mayo, honey mustard, and regular mustard. After filling our plates with food we decided to go get a drink from the bar that is right by the buffet not the ship bar. At this bar there were about 30 people and 1 bartender.

** Side note: Cheers program is not valid on the island even though carnival owns it.. But after some research we found away for you to get some drinks from the ship which is included in your package on the island. If you have drinks leftover from your 15 alcoholic drinks you can go to a bar and request a bottled beer or an angry orchard. Ask the bartender not to open it and give them a little extra tip. Take your bottled drink back to your room fridge and on HMC day just wrap it up in your towels. Nick got off about 4 Bluemoons.** I hope I don’t get in trouble for sharing my secret.. Fingers crossed.

Finally after getting our Coladas we headed back to the beach just in time to see the tug of war contest between 6 teams. The honeymooners’ ended up winning it but in everyone elses defense it was a team of all buff guys weighing 200lbs or more. By now its burning hot and I can feel my skin actually baking so we got back in the cool water. We stayed close enough to watch the next game: woman vs men. Each team has a little plastic cup and they had to run and find cruise director mat tag his hand and then fill their cup and then run the water back to their team’s bucket. The first team to over flow their bucket WINS!! Let me tell you Mat was not standing still and this was the funniest thing ever to watch.. I was in the cool water, watching the show with my cocktail in hand.. THIS WAS THE LIFE!!!!Around 2:30 we headed back to the boat because my skin felt on fire. We showered and applied a pound of Aloe to my skin and then headed up to the serenity deck to grab some cocktails, a clam shell and to enjoy the sail away views.After a few drinks and wonderful views I felt my eyes getting heavy.. Next thing I knew there is cold water falling on my body. I awoke to a rain shower, Nick and I run for cover by the serenity bar.. We sat in some chairs that was covered by the deck above.. We just so happened to sit next to an older couple that we enjoyed talking to.. We all had drinks and talked until we all realized we had dinner in about an hour and needed to get ready..

HM%20menu_zpsknk0codv.png

HM%20menu%202_zpsao8lolzf.png

HM%20menu%203_zpsnkjo67km.png

HM%20menu%204_zpsvc5knfwf.png

• Like 1

Nick had the flatbread, conchfritters, Crispy Portobello Mushrooms, Salmon Filet, Carnival melting cake, anda Cappuccino with a shot of Irish Crème in it to finish off dinner.

The flat was covered under apound of arugula, and the conch fritters where sweet with lots of breading,Nick loved the mushrooms along with the salmon and cake.

I had the seared tuna, springrolls and the rosemary lamb, apple pie, and a Malibu and pineapple cocktail tofinish dinner off.

The seared tuna was raw just aboutso I just ate the edges which was really good, the rosemary lamb was a weirdbrown\green color and tasted bland so I ordered the flank iron steak which wasjust so so. My apple pie came out cold so I just ate a couple of bites.

After dinner we were off to thelove and marriage show which I wanted to be on and made Nick compete for aseat. Sadly we gave up but we had the steamiest kiss ever.. This was our firstlove and marriage show and it was funny, and very entertaining. After the loveand marriage show we ran off to the punchline to see Ronnie Bullard. I lovehim. Nick ordered me a Zany Zombie and he got a white Russian. The show wasgreat. When we were leaving we noticed the club was booming and decided to stopin and dance the night away with some drinks.. Man do I love to dance!! We hadso much fun!! Around 1:30am or so we headed up for our tradition of goodnightpizza and then we turned in around 2:30am.. There was a super long pizza lineso we sat at the bar with drinks into it died down.. That’s the way of cruiselife!!! LOL

Up Next: Grand Turk!!!

• Like 1