TBA cabins

Lottacruises

No, it doesn't. They don't oversell cabins. What they are doing is calling people to try to get more money out of them. When they are done they will drop us in a room.They are very good at maximizing profits at every turn, and that's what they are doing now.

I can't wait to see where I end up in the shuffling!

FWIW, every thing I've seen searching the archives here ends up coming out in favor of the person doing a TBA. Sounds like you have the right attitude to be doing this!

No, it doesn't. They don't oversell cabins. What they are doing is calling people to try to get more money out of them. When they are done they will drop us in a room.They are very good at maximizing profits at every turn, and that's what they are doing now.

I can't wait to see where I end up in the shuffling!

I have received and accepted the upgrade call a few times before and knew there was a cascade effect to my decision, just never knew or looked up if overselling goes on.

With ships almost always sailing full I have to assume that they do aversell and that the ones left in the breeze are the guarantee bookers..

Lol,thanks everyone!

Just some fyi.... If you are booked and do not show up,they will call you to see if you are coming. The calls start around 230-300. They also will hold the room for you if you are going to meet the ship somewhere in its itinerary. These people, and other crew etc.. that join the ship after the trip has started are called downliners.

If you tell them no, you are not going, they may release the room to someone standing by. This includes the port workers, as it's one of their benefits for working there and wearing the carnival name tag.

They may keep the room available also. They intentionally keep some rooms available in case there are issues with a room and they have to move people.

There are a certain number that do not bring proper documentation or otherwise cannot sail. They fill out a denied boarding form and the cabin is potentially released, if others in the cabin elect not to go.

I don't know the exact formula for how many cabins to sell,but they have it down to a science.

Lol,thanks everyone!

Just some fyi.... If you are booked and do not show up,they will call you to see if you are coming. The calls start around 230-300. They also will hold the room for you if you are going to meet the ship somewhere in its itinerary. These people, and other crew etc.. that join the ship after the trip has started are called downliners.

If you tell them no, you are not going, they may release the room to someone standing by. This includes the port workers, as it's one of their benefits for working there and wearing the carnival name tag.

They may keep the room available also. They intentionally keep some rooms available in case there are issues with a room and they have to move people.

There are a certain number that do not bring proper documentation or otherwise cannot sail. They fill out a denied boarding form and the cabin is potentially released, if others in the cabin elect not to go.

I don't know the exact formula for how many cabins to sell,but they have it down to a science.

Do the broom closets factor in somehow? ;p j/k

lol, thank you!! I received an offer for a balcony, but turned it down. I was placed in a room midship on deck 8 🙂

The other poster has stated they received a room on the Lido deck. We both received interior rooms.

Thanks again for the precruise and postcruise excitement!

On 10/8/2018 at 9:29 PM, Lottacruises said:
firefly333 said:

rumor has it lotsofcruises has been practicing his broom dance.

Lol, yes! That reminds me that once I did get a room with a pole in it....

I was next to that room with the pole, and was glad i didnt get it. Maybe that was you and we meet and didnt know it.

So, you got deck 8, not bad at all. convenient. glad you let us know, and the other poster got deck 9. awesome sauce.

So, I imagine they wanted extra for the balcony? How much extra? just curious, though im glad you said no. Made them give you a nice deck inside cabin.

Edited by firefly333

my one experience in a guarantee cabin we did not find out what room we were in until we got on the boat. My cruise in January is a partial charter, so I have no idea what room I will be in and it bugs me lol TBA rooms are not my favorite and I will always choose my room now unless there is special circumstances.