Age, height and weight limit question about water slides

Mybearsbaby

Hi! Does anyone know of hand if there is a weight limit, and if so, what it is for the water slides onboard (Specifically, Carnival Sunshine)? I'm a bigger gal. :loudcry: Working on losing some weight, but I dont have much more time. Please no rude comments regarding people's size. I am a plus size girl. I know it. I'm trying hard to remedy it. In the meantime, I want to know if I will be able to do some of the fun things offered.

Also, my son wants to do the slides. Anyone know the height or age that they allow youngsters to slide?

Hi! Does anyone know of hand if there is a weight limit, and if so, what it is for the water slides onboard (Specifically, Carnival Sunshine)? I'm a bigger gal. :loudcry: Working on losing some weight, but I dont have much more time. Please no rude comments regarding people's size. I am a plus size girl. I know it. I'm trying hard to remedy it. In the meantime, I want to know if I will be able to do some of the fun things offered.

Also, my son wants to do the slides. Anyone know the height or age that they allow youngsters to slide?

I got the following from Carnival

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1122/~/policies-for-shipboard-water-sports

Speedway Splash Racing Slides

Ship: Carnival Sunshine

• Guest must be 42 inches in height.
  • The slides are separate from the pool.

Mini Racer Slides for Children

Ships: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Legend, Carnival Magic, Carnival Sunshine, Carnival Spirit and Carnival Vista

• The slides are separate from the pool

Waterslide Policies

• The minimum height of the guest is determined by the manufacturer for the safety of the guest using the equipment.
  • If under 13 years old, must have their parents' permission
  • Multiple riders are not permitted
  • There are no weight restrictions but guest must be able to fit through the enclosed slide
  • Bathing suits must be worn
  • Swimwear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets or metal ornamentation not permitted
  • Eye glasses must be securely affixed to riders with head straps
  • Jewelry and accessories should be removed before using the slide
  • No floatation devices may be worn or carried on the slide
  • Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim diapers) are not allowed in any of the water facilities onboard, as per United States Public Health Services. This includes the Kiddie slides. Toilet trained children should be taken on frequent bathroom breaks.
  • The slide is not recommended if there are any physical limitations, impairments, under the influence of alcohol or under a doctor’s care.
  • Guest must use the slide on his/her back, feet first. No sitting, standing, or turning around on the slide in order to face forward.
  • Do not attempt to slow down, stop, twist or rotate your body
  • Exit landing area immediately after going down the slide
  • Follow attendant’s instructions and proceed only when instructed
  • Follow all rules and instructions to avoid injury to you and others
  • Use slide at your own risk

I got the following from Carnival

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1122/~/policies-for-shipboard-water-sports

Speedway Splash Racing Slides

Ship: Carnival Sunshine

• Guest must be 42 inches in height.
  • The slides are separate from the pool.

Mini Racer Slides for Children

Ships: Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Ecstasy, Carnival Horizon, Carnival Imagination, Carnival Inspiration, Carnival Legend, Carnival Magic, Carnival Sunshine, Carnival Spirit and Carnival Vista

• The slides are separate from the pool

Waterslide Policies

• The minimum height of the guest is determined by the manufacturer for the safety of the guest using the equipment.
  • If under 13 years old, must have their parents' permission
  • Multiple riders are not permitted
  • There are no weight restrictions but guest must be able to fit through the enclosed slide
  • Bathing suits must be worn
  • Swimwear with exposed zippers, buckles, rivets or metal ornamentation not permitted
  • Eye glasses must be securely affixed to riders with head straps
  • Jewelry and accessories should be removed before using the slide
  • No floatation devices may be worn or carried on the slide
  • Children who are not toilet trained (and those in diapers or swim diapers) are not allowed in any of the water facilities onboard, as per United States Public Health Services. This includes the Kiddie slides. Toilet trained children should be taken on frequent bathroom breaks.
  • The slide is not recommended if there are any physical limitations, impairments, under the influence of alcohol or under a doctor’s care.
  • Guest must use the slide on his/her back, feet first. No sitting, standing, or turning around on the slide in order to face forward.
  • Do not attempt to slow down, stop, twist or rotate your body
  • Exit landing area immediately after going down the slide
  • Follow attendant’s instructions and proceed only when instructed
  • Follow all rules and instructions to avoid injury to you and others
  • Use slide at your own risk

Thank you! This is what I needed! :)

Now...have any bigger guys and gals used the slide? I don't want people to cringe in horror as I get on the slide. 😳😂

I don't know your details, nor do I need to know. It's not my business. But the one time I did this on a Carnival ship, I was of the roundish persuasion...about 5'7" and I'd say around 230 pounds...ok, I'm still of the roundish persuasion, just haven't felt the desire to do the slides since. Anyway, I had no one try to prohibit me, nor did I see any signage prohibiting me, from enjoying the slides. I hope you can enjoy sliding on your next cruise.

As to your son, If memory serves, I think I have seen signs that say something like you have to be of a certain height. I don't know if a minimum weight or age is specified...perhaps someone else can inform us.

Go for it!

My husband and I are in are 60's and we're too old to care what other people think. We love going on the waterslides and we are "roundish" too. On our last cruise, we stayed on the ship in one of the ports (Freeport) and the waterslides were practically empty! We go even when there are a bunch of kids, but it was nice to have the slides to ourselves that day.

I don't care what people think. I'm there to have fun! And my feeling is that if I'm wearing age and weight appropriate swim wear, no one is looking at the mom of 3 kids. Now, if I was wearing a string bikini with this body......I'd be getting looks. I can't wait to try the slide!

DO IT!

NOTE - the slide is only open on Port Days when the ship docked - on our first cruise, my brother and I were the last ones down on the very last port day.

My father laughed very hard at his "big kids." I can only imagine what it looked like to have seen two grown ups racing up the steps as we returned from our excursion!

(at the time) My 32 year old self size 16, and my brother 28 at 6'4" about 250 did the water slide as a race. He won, and he reminds me occasionally. His wife has some issue with heights and chose not to try the slide. When you think about it though, the top of the slide is probably the highest point the passengers can access.

DO IT!

NOTE - the slide is only open on Port Days when the ship docked - on our first cruise, my brother and I were the last ones down on the very last port day.

Is this true on all of the ships or only the Sushine? Why would they close the slides when not in port?

The slides were open 9-5 daily, although on my cruise this past we'll on the Sunshine we had some high winds that closed the ropes course - I'd imagine that would apply to the slides as well.

Coincidentally are port calls all fell between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM - some were shorter, but we were always back on the sea by 5:00 PM.

Sent from my eye phone using Forums FFS

The slides were open 9-5 daily, although on my cruise this past we'll on the Sunshine we had some high winds that closed the ropes course - I'd imagine that would apply to the slides as well

That would make more sense. I'd hate to think that they would close the slides on days when they have the biggest crowd.

• 1 month later...

Having got off the Magic a couple weeks ago I can tell you there IS in fact a weight limit.. How ever it is not posted at the bottom, Noooo they make you walk up 5 flights of stairs just to look you over and say "sorry sir, 300 pound limit" I how ever insisted that after walking up them stairs there was only one way I was going back down, so they gave me a one time ( i look over there and you jump in) pass.

• Like 1

I have been on the slides in the past (been a while) but I don't remember seeing the signs (may not of had them last time I went on slide). I am a FLUFFY guy myself. Just go and have fun.

As someone mentioned earlier being fluffy I don't go out there dressed in a way I should not be lol. No speedo for me, I don't want burning out peoples retina's with that eyeful on my conscious. :)

• Like 1

Slides are open at sea. Don't listen to them. Unless it's windy for safety its closed

Do it and have fun!

I myself am 6'8" 330lbs (I wear it well) did speed racer many times. As well as Green Thunder on the Pride which had a 300lb limit

The slide can withstand Hurricane winds and harsh sea conditions. It can easily hold a human.

• Like 2

Now...have any bigger guys and gals used the slide? I don't want people to cringe in horror as I get on the slide. 😳😂

I've seen some big ole boys use the slide! You will be fine. Go and have a good time. Bigger people make big splashes and the kids love that;)

Thank you for asking a question that I myself have been wondering about... I always wondered if I did a slide would I get stuck and how would they get me out if I'm stuck? It's a weird phobia but I just don't want to end up like this... lol

dc33f58b1c3c66d47274bf5e06fa6dd4.jpg

Ok in all seriousness has anyone ever gotten stuck in one of these and how did they get them out?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here are my thoughts, I don't care what these people think, and It will be very unlikely that I will ever see them again, so go for it. I'm close to the slide limit and 6'2", so I still enjoy the water slides since I'm a kid at heart. I can not wait to try the clear slide on the Glory in May!

Thank you for asking a question that I myself have been wondering about... I always wondered if I did a slide would I get stuck and how would they get me out if I'm stuck? It's a weird phobia but I just don't want to end up like this... lol

dc33f58b1c3c66d47274bf5e06fa6dd4.jpg

Ok in all seriousness has anyone ever gotten stuck in one of these and how did they get them out?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I LOVE that pic;p

To answer the original poster, DO IT! :) Seriously, we've been on 10 cruises in the past 6 years and spend the majority of our time at the waterslides because my kids love them and never run out of energy. We have seen people of all ages and sizes on the slides.

To answer the question above, I am a healthy weight and size, and have never been officially stuck (or seen anyone who has been) BUT there has been periods on the slide when I was not moving and had to push my way down. Some slides, the bigger you are, the slower you move. However, sometimes it is the opposite.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Please don't criticize yourself! YOu are on vacation and there to have a GREAT time!!! Who give a crap what people say! If anyone comments they are the ones that have issues! Just go and enjoy your time and eat and drink all you want!!! That's what vacation is about! Making memories!

Please don't criticize yourself! YOu are on vacation and there to have a GREAT time!!! Who give a crap what people say! If anyone comments they are the ones that have issues! Just go and enjoy your time and eat and drink all you want!!! That's what vacation is about! Making memories!

I did, and we had a blast! Thank so so much for your kind words!