What did you learn on your last Carnival cruise?

marshhawk

My last cruise was #13 , but I learned that I could get a free coffee at the coffee shop on the last day after 5 p.m. instead of my free "Gold" drink -since I don't drink alcohol, I wish I had known this on previous cruises. A great coffee is better to me than a free fruit drink.:D

What did you learn on your last cruise?

That Cheers isn't for me. Nothing against the program and I thought it would be a good deal for me as I love specialty coffees too. After first 2 days my body just said no more to alcohol. I did drink a bunch of coffee and coconut water though. Not $50 a days worth though.

I learned that with Cheers you can get an alcoholic and a non-alcoholic drink at the same time without having to wait 5 mins in between, comes in handy if you are the type that likes to get bottles of water or other bottled drinks to save for later or to take into port, it cuts down on the number of trips to the bar.

On our last cruise I learned that newer and bigger ISN'T better.

We sailed Fascination in February, 2018. This was my 24th Carnival cruise on 15 different ships.)

I loved the layout on Lido buffet. The crew was fantastic. The ship never felt crowded.

Vista is my least favorite Carnival ship.

I learned that even the smallest and oldest ships offer a great vacation. I was scared to death of trying out the fantasy class.

Granted most of my cruises have been on Fantasy class, but they are still my favorite ships and I haven't had a bad cruise on one of them yet! :)

If it's same excursion then Carnival will price match.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

The difference between Carnival excursions and independent excursions is typically like night and day. I wouldn't go on a Carnival excursion if you paid me.

Cruise #14; After doing my 2nd 14 day plus cruise; These cruises are full of Princess cruises people. Average age was 60; it was so slow getting from on thing to another. I missed kid's misbehaving.. Also they where wearing lanyards with there prefered cruise line. plenty of RCL & Princess ones. I wouldn'd wear a Carnival Lanyard or T-Shirt on another cruise line.. Oh older people cheat more in trivia too more then young..

I learned that with Cheers you can get an alcoholic and a non-alcoholic drink at the same time without having to wait 5 mins in between, comes in handy if you are the type that likes to get bottles of water or other bottled drinks to save for later or to take into port, it cuts down on the number of trips to the bar.

Good to know! I’ve often wanted to do exactly this, but I was under the impression I had to wait 5 minutes to get another drink, alcoholic or not.

On my last Carnival cruise, which I debarked this morning, I experienced several things which were new for me (as it's been a while since my last cruise vacation on Carnival) but there were also a few that were learned brand new.

First time having passengers collect keycard at their cabin. Felt weird in the Plat/Dia lounge, but it went smoothly.

I learned that the team assigned to Alchemy definitely have skills that separate them from their peers. I hope they are properly paid for those talents. Amazing.

After reading of revisions/deletions of various food & beverage elements, I learned that (for me) most things were pretty much equal to my past experiences. Whew!

I learned that as JCPenney, Sears, Macy's, and others struggle . . . somehow Park West keeps on going, even on short sailings. Rather amazing realization.

I learned that at shared dining rooms tables, some will simply avoid the first-night conversation experience by concentrating solely on their mobile device throughout.

I learned that on, at least, one particular ship, the quality of a Playlist Production is extremely weak, and actually embarrassing to some of the performers. My only true bummer of the time onboard.

I re-board a CCL ship again in a few days, and will continue to learn on each sailing, despite the history of cruises . . . and I consider that a good thing. :)

I really appreciate all the additional learning experiences. Especially about people cheating on trivia. I always thought they did, but I never wanted to say anything. I play, and find out how dumb I really am. About insignificant things.;)

On our last cruise I learned that newer and bigger ISN'T better.

We sailed Fascination in February, 2018. This was my 24th Carnival cruise on 15 different ships.)

I loved the layout on Lido buffet. The crew was fantastic. The ship never felt crowded.

Vista is my least favorite Carnival ship.

Same here. Although there were a few things I really liked about Vista, it is my least favorite ship out of all of the ships I have ever sailed. Bigger definitely doesn't mean better for me.

I learned that $5 will get your song request played immediately in the Piano Bar. Last time we were in a piano bar on land, the going rate was about $20. And two years ago on the NCL Escape, all a $20 request got was a furious wife who didn't get her song played for an hour and then angrily confronted the Piano Bar entertainers. Fun times...

And two years ago on the NCL Escape, all a $20 request got was a furious wife who didn't get her song played for an hour and then angrily confronted the Piano Bar entertainers. Fun times...
Must be one helluva song.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Well, my last cruise happened to be my first cruise so I learned a lot. Mainly, that I really like cruising! Our family has been talking every night since we got off the ship on the 18th about which ship/itinerary to do next!

Contrary to what we thought beforehand, we ended up really enjoying sea days and wouldn't be opposed to going on a cruise with more sea days than port days.

I also learned that my kids (except the youngest) really aren't "kids club" type kids. The teens prefer to be with each other doing their own thing or with us. I expected the opposite, but I guess I was wrong!

Another thing I learned was I need to plan better on the next one if I want to go to evening shows/activities... We had YTD and didn't plan our timing well enough some nights that we either missed the event entirely because dinner service ran long or we were too late to get seats. Oh well, live and learn!

I also learned that my kids (except the youngest) really aren't "kids club" type kids. The teens prefer to be with each other doing their own thing or with us. I expected the opposite, but I guess I was wrong

After multiple cruises with teens I strongly recommend you still have them go to the club the first night of every cruise. The leaders and mix of kids varies greatly. Sometimes mine don’t go much after that but other times I rarely see them except at dinner and port days (required by mom;p)

What I learned on my last cruise in that I REALLY like the aft balcony cabins. <3