Just back from the Carnival Conquest and I Have Lots To Talk About And to Show!!!

MsJersey84

I have waited a long 455 days and finally my long awaited cruise is finally here..

Hi Everyone my name is LaToya (33) and I will be traveling with DH Nick(36). The Carnival Conquest will be a cruise of many first for us. 1. This is our first time on the Conquest. 2. This is our first time sailing out of Port Lauderdale\ Everglades. 3. This is our first cruise having the cheers package. We spent way too much money on drinks our last sailing. 4. This our first time to Turks and Caicos and my Husband's first time to Dominican Republic. I have been with family since my family originated from there.. I am super excited to finally cruise and to be writing my 2nd review. So sit back, relax and enjoy the Carnival Conquest, Our day before drive from Atlanta, GA with stops at Coco Beach, Jet Ski fun at Merritt Island , our stay at the Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott Fort Lauderdale Downtown Las Olas the night before, and lots more fun with me. I promise to be detailed, add lots of pictures( food and drinks included) and try not to bore you to death. Lol. If you have any questions please ask away.

All I ask is for you to please be patient, stay positive and friendly!!

ALL ABOARD!!!!!

• Like 1

A little Background:

This is my 4th cruise. I have sailed the Fantasy 2008, Fascination 2014, Triumph 2017 and now the Conquest 2018! We have a blended family that includes three children a 5 year old boy, an 8 year old girl, and 14 year old boy. We try once a year for us to take an adult only vacation, which has been a cruise for the 2 years we have been married. Thanks to me because I have cruise fever and can't get enough.. Oh well he know who he was marrying.. LOL.

My husband Nick is a production line worker for a bread company called Flowers Bakery. He works the bun line they make buns for fast food restaurants. I am a Manager at Steak N Shake. We both work 50+ hours a week. So you can imagine why we desperately needed this cruise.

Day 1: Travel Day; Sept 22

Our day started at 12:00am.. Well not really my day actually started at 5:30am the day before (friday) because the kids had their last day of school before their fall break and going to G-mommy house for the week. But any who.. We started loading the car at midnight, locked all the doors and windows and we were off by 12;15am.. As you can see in the picture below I can barely keep my eyes open good thing DH was taking first shift of the driving because I didn't even make it 5mins down the road before I was asleep. I had my pillow and my nice fleece blanket and it was lights out.. The last thing I remember was we need to get gas!!

Gt5QCAswqjpRKZ0ZLudjbugqGArjkfq70wJ0nw3zs2KJY29yyiGrXOfrVJlxtm-8usr1tejS-3mwLFjTPtqXylQqi6wKZQiCR9gxNpjeNOyE1KYrOlJeVy2TwaQkQYVGsgzH6lutZAwd-_Q3TkVHTYucRp4Ferw4b4Ny9KLKdAdLPgNdJO0Xt_Q76MReaWIvMtS-NOhsZNi7pVPfiSQZ_e0LJHsHS1l3s_I7Dd1Okwxmeu8rOiVxS4FnU8GeiwWupnnBY8dNRzsrcJl1F2j9GuvwhJGcBAJW4S0VmCI7pjIE0-YqHQNiCVoCJD_OdKWmY-WV7HBVWkWUyhCSPsuMkVBR6WnVNUyrw1WRUq8dABZX6jdbhH2fC08XgH8Ti_tf2_GtWHB35PIND_7Q8Mo5BAUlcdO0MSy-HOkpKdLSta4nmvWJYsOBVZLsuD_dlcOFlBdrb5CD4j0q6kM1MwcoLlR2qyIe1HE5IlmhP620Se4I5TzxclDMaxdT5UpO_KkcS2Og5k3oYHh_RPKlakM1h0skINHQABjdYzpPxK9j9U9tqTEDKjipi5XwROyfiH0K9-BzstDXPYSczEGwPrXLMbMKZ7Pds-BTYGZdyXdrTuLChgJoqDxUT6K6ZCIOzoSK=w470-h626-no

Following along.

Also, it looks like you're trying to share your pictures from your Google Drive? You need to make them public so they will show up here. Otherwise, none of us will be able to see them.

Sorry this is only my second review can you please remind me how to make them public thank you for your help. I am using my google backup photos

Really anxious to read your review as we will be on the Conquest in February. I haven't sailed on Carnival in 15 years and it appears a lot has changed in that time. My husband has never sailed on Carnival.

We sail on the Conquest in six weeks, so I will be following and look forward to everything you post. Thanks for sharing your Conquest experience. I hope you'll be sharing about the steakhouse or seafood shack because I am tired of MDR Carnival food!!

I am sorry we did not try either of those, the steakhouse house we googled the menu before hand and it just didn't seem worth it. The seafood shack never had a line but people were eating the buckets of shrimps. But if you are looking for something different last year on the Triumph my husband and I did the Chef's Table and it was worth every penny. It's a 13- course meal, wine is included. You go on a tour of the gallery and meets all the big chef's. We wanted to do it again this year but we found out they only change the exclusive menu every 2 years making it the same as last year. It will cost you $75 per person plus gratuities. But definitely worth it.

If you have any other questions I will be more then happy to answer them.

• Like 1