A Few Questions about Embarkation

angiei812

Hi,

We are leaving in 6 days from Baltimore on the Pride. Our boarding time is 2-2:30. The ship is leaving at 5:00 PM.

Can we choose to just take our suit cases to our room? Does that make sense of will it be a major pain? We are fit enough to do it, just not sure why it seems most people don't.

Will it actually take longer for us to get through security as we will need to still have the suit cases go through x-ray, etc.

I saw that lunch is only served on Lido deck until 3:00. Will we be able to still be able to get a Guy's Burger or taco on deck?

Thanks!

Excited!

At most ports (we've never sailed out of Baltimore), you have to go up escalators to get onto the ship. Do you want to drag your suitcases up the escalators? Some have elevators but there is usually a long line waiting to get in them. That's the only downfall I see other that what others have said about them fitting through the X-ray belt.

Hi

As long as your suitcases can fit through the security scanner you are allowed to carry it on board.

The main reason people don't is because the cabins are not necessarily accessible as soon as you board. So they could be stuck dragging their suitcases around for an hour or so, before their cabin was ready for entry.

Unless there was a delay from the sailing before yours, I believe with your 2-2:30 check in, your cabins will be ready when you board.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

They say lunch is served until 300 because that's when they close temporarily for muster. Guys will reopen immediately after.

That's your check in time, not your boarding time.

If you have a standard suitcase, even the large ones, it will fit in the scanner.

Have a great cruise.

This is just personal preference, but we always drop off our bags with porters. My wife and I start every cruise by going to the lobby bar as soon as we board the ship. To me it is much more relaxing not having to worry about carrying/wheeling luggage on to the ship; we just walk on the ship and head straight to the lobby bar.

We always carry our luggage on ourselves. We take a medium suitcase & backpack each. I don't want to have to wait for my luggage to be delivered to the cabin. I also don't want to risk damage from being under a pile of a hundred other suitcases or being dropped in the water. I like to be able to go straight to my cabin to unpack & organize everything. Then I'm ready to enjoy my vacation.

One thing to keep in mind is that it is a madhouse on embarkation day. You may have a pretty long wait for an elevator. There have been several cruises where we have carried our luggage up the stairs and we typically book cabins on decks 7-10. You typically board on deck 3 - at least on all the Carnival ships I've sailed.

At most ports (we've never sailed out of Baltimore), you have to go up escalators to get onto the ship. Do you want to drag your suitcases up the escalators? Some have elevators but there is usually a long line waiting to get in them. That's the only downfall I see other that what others have said about them fitting through the X-ray belt.

As stated, there are no escalators at the Baltimore. Once you complete the embarkation process in the terminal, you will walk through the Customs area and have your sail-n-sign card scanned. You will exit the terminal and off you go to the ship. What was once an outside sidewalk, is now an enclosed hall to the passenger walkway to get on the ship. The walkway is a scissor ramps design, as I recall 4 or 5 cut backs until you reach the ships entrance.

We will be on our ninth Pride cruise on 10/21, we love the Spirit class of ship. Enjoy your cruise!

There are no elevators or escalators in Baltimore. It's very easy.

You board the ship on Deck 2..midship after walking up a ramp. It's a bit of an incline but not too bad.

My 24 X 16 suitcase fits easily through the scanner.

we did have bags that we "checked" but we also had bags- carry on (with soda/ wine/ bathing suits/ electronics). we had FTTF. so we were able to drop that stuff off and head to get food. yes Guy's is open and so is Blue Iguana- very long lines be prepared.

Hi,

We are leaving in 6 days from Baltimore on the Pride. Our boarding time is 2-2:30. The ship is leaving at 5:00 PM.

Can we choose to just take our suit cases to our room? Does that make sense of will it be a major pain? We are fit enough to do it, just not sure why it seems most people don't.

Will it actually take longer for us to get through security as we will need to still have the suit cases go through x-ray, etc.

I saw that lunch is only served on Lido deck until 3:00. Will we be able to still be able to get a Guy's Burger or taco on deck?

Thanks!

Excited!

Your suit cases must fit thru there scanners.

There is rarely a problem fitting suitcases through a screener since you lay them flat. We ALWAYS carry on all of our luggage .It is never any problem at any port. We each have one rolling suitcase and then either a backpack or a large tote, That's it -sooo easy!!