Single cruisers w/Carnival

vnyislesv

I'm going on my yearly cruise with my friends/family and I'm the only single person. I called them and they said they can't help me w/rooms right now. What I mean by that is, NCL has solo rooms for people who are smart (single!!)

Honestly tho, the cruise is in march, carnival horizon, 8 day.... if I book alone, I'll be paying full price and that won't happen.

Any tips for carnival? I'm the one who picked this cruise too. If I knew my buddy I usually room with would actually start dating this girl, I would of went back to NCL and got my own room! This sucks, any advice for single cruisers on Carnival!?

Once in a blue moon they have no or less solo supplement out of Miami, I saw one last year in Oct lol

Id say find one of your friends with 3 in the cabin and make a deal with them to book one of them in your cabin, even if he sleeps elsewhere.

Carnival doesnt want solo cruisers. they used to do 1As for 150% but not any more. Makes me laugh but i have seen their so called single prices, at more than double what one person would pay, makes no sense, of course its just double.

But they do everything possible to discourage you from taking up a cabin all by yourself.

Once in a blue moon they have no or less solo supplement out of Miami, I saw one last year in Oct lol

Id say find one of your friends with 3 in the cabin and make a deal with them to book one of them in your cabin, even if he sleeps elsewhere.

Carnival doesnt want solo cruisers. they used to do 1As for 150% but not any more. Makes me laugh but i have seen their so called single prices, at more than double what one person would pay, makes no sense, of course its just double.

But they do everything possible to discourage you from taking up a cabin all by yourself.

I was already told no 3rd wheeling!!!!!

I have met single cruisers, most recently on Victory in June, who said they only had to pay for one person even though they were the only one in the room. The one thing that they all had in common was they booked the cruise less than a week before the cruise. I assume in these situations Carnival figured it was better to have one person in a cabin instead of sailing with the cabin empty.

By who your family/friends.? We have two cabins will be 3 in one of them our grandson started out solo because he was going to have his own cabin.i won't tolerate coming in at 3-4 am or walking into my cabin and having a stranger or 5 sitting in it.so he now has cruisemates.started out him and his buddy now his brother is coming along too.so there are 3 in that cabin.unless something changes we don't cruise until 12/2019.

Not sure what that term means but I know people book someone into their cabin all the time who sleeps with their parents.

I have lost count how many tiimes I have gone and paid double. This time I asked a friend. Said she can just pay her port fees and taxes and tips and maybe take me on a excursion, whatever you can work out.

If you are telling me no one ever takes a mattress off a bed and sleeps in another room. you must be listening to some officialdom, idk. Ive seen it with my own two eyes, so I know its done.

I have met single cruisers, most recently on Victory in June, who said they only had to pay for one person even though they were the only one in the room. The one thing that they all had in common was they booked the cruise less than a week before the cruise. I assume in these situations Carnival figured it was better to have one person in a cabin instead of sailing with the cabin empty.

Maybe I can try that, though according to my PVP never happens out of Galveston. Maybe she is wrong, though she is a very good pvp, but i can try that, i did go on one last minute but it didnt open until the day of, and im 5 hours away... almost missed the ship. i need at least 24 hours notice

Ahh,,,good idea. my anxiety might not like that but i do.

Not sure what that term means but I know people book someone into their cabin all the time who sleeps with their parents.

I have lost count how many tiimes I have gone and paid double. This time I asked a friend. Said she can just pay her port fees and taxes and tips and maybe take me on a excursion, whatever you can work out.

If you are telling me no one ever takes a mattress off a bed and sleeps in another room. you must be listening to some officialdom, idk. Ive seen it with my own two eyes, so I know its done.

It means, no one wants a 3rd person in their cabin. Best news would be a buddy of mine breaking up with his gf and ill join. But really, I wish Carnival was more forgiving to solo passangers.

I'm going on my yearly cruise with my friends/family and I'm the only single person. I called them and they said they can't help me w/rooms right now. What I mean by that is, NCL has solo rooms for people who are smart (single!!)

Honestly tho, the cruise is in march, carnival horizon, 8 day.... if I book alone, I'll be paying full price and that won't happen.

Any tips for carnival? I'm the one who picked this cruise too. If I knew my buddy I usually room with would actually start dating this girl, I would of went back to NCL and got my own room! This sucks, any advice for single cruisers on Carnival!?

I've been cruising solo with Carnival for a lot of years and have always had to pay almost double the full cost. I've started booking the 1A upper/lower porthole cabins whenever possible. Yes, they are lower decks and yes, they are near the front. But for my budget it works out really: I get lots of natural light from the two portholes, the layout of the cabin feels spacious and it's been the least expensive way for me to travel alone multiple times a year.

I've been cruising solo with Carnival for a lot of years and have always had to pay almost double the full cost. I've started booking the 1A upper/lower porthole cabins whenever possible. Yes, they are lower decks and yes, they are near the front. But for my budget it works out really: I get lots of natural light from the two portholes, the layout of the cabin feels spacious and it's been the least expensive way for me to travel alone multiple times a year.

I used to be the resident expert on 1As on all classes of carnival ships. Ive been in almost every one of them and also pick the port holes when available.

I got 2207 1A port hole on vista coming up. Ill take some ss, but not sure anymore how to post them on this site. its changed.

ive been in all 3 mid deck on deck 6, 7 and 8 near the laundry on conquest class ships too, they have two beds that push together.

for the size cabin, its still my best bet Flying to Miami is more time and money and hassle to do NCL to avoid the solo supplement.

i talked to some TA on meet up site, and he kept insisting the port hole would have bunk beds. he was arguing thinking he was a expert, with someone who had actually stayed in that cabin. it was for the partial panama oct 27, got down to one 1A with port hole left at $954, but he scared everyone from rooming with me telling them it was a upper bunk. I know conquest class pretty darn well lol. oh well.

You will pay double !!!!!!!!!!!!!! or not go.

IDK if anyone wants to hear this story, but recently I put a ad for a guy to meet who likes to cruise and travel. I meet one this week. Almost first words out of his mouth were he wants me to get my free drinks and pass them to him. I think his cousin told him how on RCL we get free drinks. I get 3 day, and he asked me for them within 5 minutes of meeting.

Even if there hadnt been 5 things to dislike, so he was a no no and no.

He told me he planned to cruise and drink as much as possible all day long and get really drunk since he didnt have to drink and drive. yea thats what i want is a drunk roomie. then he says he can always find single females, if i wouldnt sleep with him, then he was sure i wouldnt mind leaving the cabin so he could sleep with someone who did want him in bed. lol. (I didnt tell him he would have a single twin bed lol, hes a newbie).

IDK if anyone else finds this story funny ... i tried to delete my profile after meeting him, but could only hide it, so you couldnt see it now anyway. but i guess it might be easier if you are a guy looking for a woman to sleep with on a cruise looking for a roomie? I am sure I dont want a totally drunk guy sharing a room with me, Id rather keep on paying double. Its lucky I can afford it.

IDK if anyone wants to hear this story, but recently I put a ad for a guy to meet who likes to cruise and travel. I meet one this week. Almost first words out of his mouth were he wants me to get my free drinks and pass them to him. I think his cousin told him how on RCL we get free drinks. I get 3 day, and he asked me for them within 5 minutes of meeting.

Even if there hadnt been 5 things to dislike, so he was a no no and no.

He told me he planned to cruise and drink as much as possible all day long and get really drunk since he didnt have to drink and drive. yea thats what i want is a drunk roomie. then he says he can always find single females, if i wouldnt sleep with him, then he was sure i wouldnt mind leaving the cabin so he could sleep with someone who did want him in bed. lol. (I didnt tell him he would have a single twin bed lol, hes a newbie).

IDK if anyone else finds this story funny ... i tried to delete my profile after meeting him, but could only hide it, so you couldnt see it now anyway. but i guess it might be easier if you are a guy looking for a woman to sleep with on a cruise looking for a roomie? I am sure I dont want a totally drunk guy sharing a room with me, Id rather keep on paying double. Its lucky I can afford it.

Jesus H Christ lady, GET A LIFE ! TMI ! TMI ! Perhaps try a bingo polar ?:D

Unfortunately, Carnival is not solo friendly anymore when it comes to pricing. If you are not cruising til March, could you cancel with Carnival? NCL is much more solo friendly. However, March is spring break time and it may be tough to find solo deals on NCL or any other lines in March. Good luck!!

Sent from my PH-1 using Forums mobile app

Around December/ January my travel agent who i had never met face to face posted on FB that she was going to New Orleans for training and while there she was going to go ahead and go on a cruise but wanted a roommate to help cut the expense of the room and asked who wanted to go along... I had her send me the info and it was too good to pass up so i went. I had a fabulous time!

so ... I would post on social media if you havent already and see if you can find someone who would like to room with you. Or you can see if someone in your group is willing to upgrade to a cabin that has the capacity for 3 or 4 people so that you can split the room with them which would benefit all of you because 3 in a room is usually much cheaper for all in the room. Carnival does do 3rd person free sometimes so that savings would be split up with all of you.

• 2 weeks later...