What's Your Favourite Cocktail?

ClanMcLean

Safarigal, Would you be so kind as to please share with us the recipe for the Milky Way Martini?

Here it is!

They charge way too much for it, but I think it's worth it :)

QM2 Milky Way Martini

1 1/2 cups ice cubes

2 fluid ounces vanilla-flavoredvodka

2 fluid ounces white creme de cacao

2 fluid ounces Irish cream liqueur

1 tablespoon chocolate syrup

I am very intrigued by the new cocktail offerings, does anyone have recent menus for perusing?

Not sure how up-to-date these menus are, but this is what Cunard currently has posted on their UK FAQ for menus that contain cocktails.

Queen Mary 2

Carinthia Lounge Day Menu

Commodore Club Menu

Queen Victoria

Gin & Fizz

Chart Room Night Menu

Queen Elizabeth

Deck Menu

Golden Lion

With the exception of the Woodford Reserve, I'm not particularly excited about the QM2's bar. I shall have to bring a bottle of Knob Creek 2001 for my late Oct. crossing and hope for at least one very dark and stormy night.

Here it is!

They charge way too much for it, but I think it's worth it :)

QM2 Milky Way Martini

1 1/2 cups ice cubes

2 fluid ounces vanilla-flavoredvodka

2 fluid ounces white creme de cacao

2 fluid ounces Irish cream liqueur

1 tablespoon chocolate syrup

Goodness gracious! This reads like a pretty close description of the exact opposite of my favourite drink.

Mostly because you can hide a lot of low quality spirits in this drink.

Oh, and about Stout Independence, the prices would have gone up very recently then. I had one earlier this year at exactly $10.50 plus tip.

The latest drinks menu photo Host Hattie posted above from QV shows the current prices for "Aviation", "Dark 'N' Stormy", and "Mark Pickford" all at $10.50 on QV. The online menus from the UK FAQ show "Dark 'N' Stormy" at $9.95 on the QM2 Commodore Club menu and "Mary Pickford" at $9.95 on the QE Golden Lion menu. I don't see "Aviation" on any of the online menus.

Perhaps Host Hattie can also weigh in on some of the other prices, such as the current price of "Stout Independence", to let us know if its price has increased from the $10.50 shown online. Not that she's hasn't done enough already to share all the information she has so far; she most certainly has and then some!

On the other hand, while there has been some discussion about drinks prices on this thread, I certainly don't want to turn this Favourite Cocktails thread into a debate about drinks prices. We already have a fervent discussion going on about that on another thread. My only interest here is learning how the current onboard prices compare to the menus posted online.

...I don't see "Aviation" on any of the online menus.

It's under "Time Honoured" in the cocktails section of the QE Golden Lion Menu (so I'm sure they can make it in the QM2 CC or Chart Room)

I'll be sure to report on my findings when I get back!

- Mark

It's under "Time Honoured" in the cocktails section of the QE Golden Lion Menu (so I'm sure they can make it in the QM2 CC or Chart Room)

I'll be sure to report on my findings when I get back!

- Mark

Thanks, Mark. Somehow I managed to find Mary Pickford (not Mark Pickford as I typed in one place above) within the QE Golden Lion menu but didn't see Aviation listed right beneath it. Oh well. Same price increase from $9.95 to $10.50 for that one too it would appear.

Edited by bluemarble

Absolutely a Milky Way martini! Although it doesn't actually have any Milky Way bars in it. However, that does sound like a good plan.

They are not on the drinks menu anymore, having been replaced by the rather insipid Chocolate Affair, so I have to bring my own recipe. Also they charge way too much for them!

What?! Not on the menu anymore? That is a travesty! One of my favourite cocktails :loudcry:

I think the question should rather be: "WHEN is your favourite cocktail?"

Every drink has its time. The Punch à la Romaine at 2300 is a wonderful thing at 2300, yet before dinner, I consider it an atrocity to my taste buds. The Stout Independence is a seriously good drink. Chieftain of the Clan is definitely on the list. The Bear's Guard would make a nice drink for a sunny afternoon in summer (I had mine on a rainy night in March.)

Then, there's also room for discussion. Should the Sazerac be as dry as they make them?

Do they have the right gin selection on board, and what about the vermouth?

what time does the commodore club close please

Though it has been “retired” the bars produce a Secret Garden whenever I ask. It is best suited to warm weather, though.

Hendrik's Gin shaken with St. Germaine Elder flower liquor and Apple juice topped with Ginger ale served with a straw and a slice each of apple and cucumber.

Good question, the latest time I've been there was about 0100, having ordered a drink shortly after midnight.

I wouldn't know about an official closing time, but it must be around 0100 or 0200, officially it's open "till late".

thanks so ill be able to go see show in theatre and call min afterwards for a coctail

So pleased that we’ll be able to call in for a nightcap and then just have to walk three cabins back “home”, always good when in heels, next time we’re on.

I like to be on deck 6 (or 5) aft, so I get a long pleasant walk home from the CC, including a round of shuffleboard or two. But then, I'm happy someone books these cabins on deck 9 and my humble inside dwelling remains uncontested.

Let's put this in perspective. I was just looking at some of the drink menus posted here. I love a good Cosmo, and I see that they charge around $12 for one. I live in NYC, and usually pay anywhere from $14 to $18 for one here. I think my trip on the QV should turn out to be quite a bargain!

Thanks, Mark. Somehow I managed to find Mary Pickford (not Mark Pickford as I typed in one place above) within the QE Golden Lion menu but didn't see Aviation listed right beneath it. Oh well. Same price increase from $9.95 to $10.50 for that one too it would appear.

I had an Aviation last week on QE it was more violet-y than the one on QM2 last year and cost $10.50 if memory serves.