Wine Packages price increases

SALAD MUNCHER

Hi All

We are travelling on the QV in December and have some OBC to spend, which we were planning to use on a wine package. A couple of weeks ago I went on my VP under "Little Luxuries' to find out the cost and types of packages available.

At that time you could buy a 12, 9. 6 or 3 bottle pack of either the Captain's Collection or the Commodore's Collection. The Price for 12 in the Captain's was $495, for the Commodore's it was $660. I wrote these prices down so I could compare prices of packages vs no packages.

I tried again yesterday, using the same procedure but there was no sign of the wine packages under 'Little Luxuries' or in fact anywhere within my VP. Eventually I did a search and the details did come up.

I was shocked to find that both the prices and the selections have changed; the 12 bottle Captain's is now $560 (an increase of $65) and the 12 bottle Commodore's has risen to $715 (an increase of $55), the 6 bottle Captain's has increased from $260 to $299 (increased by $39) and the Commodore's from $360 to $395 (an increase of $35) however, there was no availability for 9 or 3 bottle packages. The wine choices available have also changed.

The price increase has already been addressed in recent posts. The new wine list has also been attached to a post. - Cunard Wine list - new 2018 7th September

It is still worthwhile getting a package the best value being the 12 bottle Commodore Selection.

We have been taking our own wine and paying the corkage but with the increase to $25 per bottle it is worth considering a package onboard and a good way to use OBC on our next cruise. On a really long voyage we shall buy a package and also take some wines with us and replenish as we go.

The price increase has already been addressed in recent posts. The new wine list has also been attached to a post. - Cunard Wine list - new 2018 7th September

It is still worthwhile getting a package the best value being the 12 bottle Commodore Selection.

We have been taking our own wine and paying the corkage but with the increase to $25 per bottle it is worth considering a package onboard and a good way to use OBC on our next cruise. On a really long voyage we shall buy a package and also take some wines with us and replenish as we go.

Hi, yes I previously saw the thread about wine price increases, but it didn't mention the wine packages per se. I have always purchased a wine package on Cunard as they have always been, in my opinion, good value for money. However having looked at the new extensive wine list I am beginning to think that as I am not necessarily a wine buff (I just like to drink it) that it is probably more value for me this time to buy each bottle individually. The reason is this:- the Commodore Collection cost per bottle (including the 15% grats) works out at $59.58, or if you buy a single bottle off the wine list a bottle up to $52 + 15%. From the Captains Collection the cost per bottle (again inc. 15% grats) works out at $46.67, or if you buy from the wine list a bottle up to $40 + 15%.

Having gone through the wine list there are at least 25 wines I like and would gladly purchase all of which are $40 or less. Considering the choices are limited to six white, seven red and one sweet wine (Captain's) and seven white, seven red, one Rose and one sweet wine (Commodore's) I do think Cunard have shot themselves in the foot. So...as far as the wine packages go, I'm out!