First Time Solo

cantgetaname

Planning my second cruise, first time solo. Will be Royal Caribbean likely (I have it down to about 3 so far Harmony, Allure and Symphony) I really enjoyed being on Oasis class and loved the ocean view balcony so I want to try and stick with that as I spent quite a bit of time enjoying the balcony. I have accepted I'm likely going to have to pay the single supplement of 200 percent, but I was wondering if anyone here has any tips for watching or where/when to watch for any deals for getting it a bit cheaper.

Watch the first two weeks after US Thanksgiving. I’ve been able to get good rates on balconies then that the single supplement really didn’t matter. October also seems to be good. I book at least a year out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Planning my second cruise, first time solo. Will be Royal Caribbean likely (I have it down to about 3 so far Harmony, Allure and Symphony) I really enjoyed being on Oasis class and loved the ocean view balcony so I want to try and stick with that as I spent quite a bit of time enjoying the balcony. I have accepted I'm likely going to have to pay the single supplement of 200 percent, but I was wondering if anyone here has any tips for watching or where/when to watch for any deals for getting it a bit cheaper.

If you are willing to jump ship 'so to speak', NCL has good deals on no SS these days - if you can sale in next few months; and willing to have a 'sail away' room, which means you can't choose room, but you can choose class of room.

It will be my first NCL, and I wasn't even looking for a cruise, but the price for a 9 day reposition was too good to pass up. (look at Nov 9 departure from Boston).

Just putting it out there as an opportunity.

Try for when second person is 50% off. It translates to 150% for one person. That's what I got for my solo Pacific Northwest cruise on Explorer.

Im not quite sure of your logic here, and if I am missing something please put me right, If the cruise is e,g £1000 then the second person would pay £500, Therefore the cost to each person is £750. A single person would pay the £1,500 which is 100% supplement. You will still have paid the price of 2 people

Im not quite sure of your logic here, and if I am missing something please put me right, If the cruise is e,g £1000 then the second person would pay £500, Therefore the cost to each person is £750. A single person would pay the £1,500 which is 100% supplement. You will still have paid the price of 2 people

Basically you are still paying for that 2nd person in the room, but it is at a less amount. One thing to remember too, is when traveling solo with Royal is that you get double the cruise points each cruise. This will move you up the ranks to Diamond and Diamond plus much faster which will get you free drinks and heavier discounts on balcony rooms. I've booked many of solo rooms with Royal Caribbean and Carnival and tried not to allow myself to get to wound up in the price. If I found a cruise and ship that I liked and an overall price that seemed good to me as a room, not looking at what a price may be per person.

I've booked all mine directly via Royal Caribbean website. Some travel agents though can help you get some nice obc, etc. Just look at the overall price and if you see one that looks like a fair deal then go for it, don't get to hung up on the buying for two people. I've had single rates for boardwalk balcony's under $1000 on the Oasis class ships to spending as much as $2500. These ships are truly amazing though, my favorite ships.

Just returned yesterday from a solo cruise aboard the Harmony of the Seas.. did a live trip report on it, located at link below. As usual another amazing solo cruise. Now out of the current sisters here in the states, you will most likely get the lowest cost on the Oasis until she leaves Port Canaveral.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2676684