Solo NCL Epic Reservations

naxer

This is my first time on NCL, and in my reading, past solo cruisers mention a sort of solo suites concierge making group reservations for the solos, for dinners and shows. Is this consistent? Or is it better to make the reservations ahead of time myself for the things I'm interested in?

On the bigger NCL ships especially those with the solo studios and solo lounge there is a solo coordinator that has a solo meet up each evening in either the lounge or one of the ships bars. From there a lot of people will go to dinner and the solo coordinator will facilitate the dining reservation for that night. They do also try and set up a night for solos to go the the shows. I’ve never had them organize dinners outside of what they have done for the group but I’m sure they’d be happy to help any of the solos to organize dinner or show reservations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From there a lot of people will go to dinner and the solo coordinator will facilitate the dining reservation for that night. They do also try and set up a night for solos to go the the shows. I’ve never had them organize dinners outside of what they have done for the group but I’m sure they’d be happy to help any of the solos to organize dinner or show reservations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for your reply. If I read it correctly, it all sounds kind of hit and miss, and I'd be better off just to go ahead and make my reservations for the things I'm interested in.

This is my first time on NCL, and in my reading, past solo cruisers mention a sort of solo suites concierge making group reservations for the solos, for dinners and shows. Is this consistent? Or is it better to make the reservations ahead of time myself for the things I'm interested in?

It appears that there are some terms you are using that may be misunderstood.

The solo cabins are not a solo suite with a concierge; the solo cabins have a solo lounge where there is a solo cruiser coordinator. The coordinator will help facilitate dining reservations in the MDR for a group that would like to dine together. This is really fun. All of this is pretty much coordinated in the solo lounge; there are often sign up sheets. Attending the solo meeting will help with any questions.

Not sure what you mean about 'making reservations ahead of time for the things I'm interested in.'

Hope this helps. :cool:

[quote=Cruisercl;56690003

Not sure what you mean about 'making reservations ahead of time for the things I'm interested in.'

Hope this helps. :cool:

This helps a lot! It's hard to ask the right question with the right lingo on the internet ;p.

So, for example, go ahead and book Burn the Floor on Tuesday and Le Bistro on Wednesday, because it is unlikely the coordinator will get a group together for these sometime during week.

This helps a lot! It's hard to ask the right question with the right lingo on the internet ;p.

So, for example, go ahead and book Burn the Floor on Tuesday and Le Bistro on Wednesday, because it is unlikely the coordinator will get a group together for these sometime during week.

Yes!!

Have a great cruise....:cool:

One quick addition. The solo coordinator is one of the cruise staff people. Those who normally run a session of trivia or karaoke. They do have a bit more karma to make things possible compared to the people washing the buffet area at night but that pretty much is it.