Travel Agency Insuraance Offered - Advise Please

travelingman

I have moved my cruise to a travel agency to get an OBC.

Part of the travel agency offer is travel insurance for $149 per person.

Below is the coverage under the policy.

Fine print did not have anything that seemed out of sorts to me.

I believe for about $25.00 per person more we can make it primary coverage.

Would anyone like to comment on this insurance offering?

The items that raise a question to me are: Mecdical of $50,000; Emergency Evacuation of $200,000 - this is only after you have been treated and can travel; and the dental seems low.

I know I can get Medjet to take care of the evacuation.

Thanks.

Benefits Limits

Travel Protection:

Trip Cancellation Trip Cost *

Trip Interruption Trip Cost *

Missed Connection (3 hours) $200

Itinerary Change $200

Travel Delay (12 hours) $500 ($150/day)

Medical Protection:

Emergency Accident/Sickness

Medical Expense $50,000

Dental Sublimit $750

Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation

of Remains $200,000

Baggage Protection:

Baggage/Personal Effects $1,000

($250 per article limit / $500 combined articles limit)

Baggage Delay (24 hours) $500

Non-Insurance Assistance Services:

24/7 Worldwide Non-Insurance

Assistance Services Included

* Up to the trip cost paid, up to a maximum of $60,000

All of the above rates are for the plan which includes insurance and non-insurance services.

Thanks

Purchase at or before your Final Trip Payment for Pre-Existing Condition Waiver: The Pre-Existing Condition exclusion will be waived if the plan is purchased at or before your Final Trip Payment, the plan is purchased for the full cost of the Trip, the booking for the covered Trip must be the first and only booking for this travel period and destination and You are not disabled from travel at the time You pay the premium.

14-Day “Free Look”

If You are not completely satisfied with the insurance You must notify the Company within 14 days of purchase and return the Planned Document. The Company will give You a full refund of premium provided You have not already departed on the Covered Trip or filed a claim.

Pricing applies to any trip up to 45 days in length. For trips over 45 days, up to a maximum of 120 days, please add $6 per person, per day, for travelers 45 years of age or younger; $7 for travelers over the age of 45.

Sorry, but it's impossible to know if this is a "good deal" or not.

Most insurance that includes trip cancellation/interruption coverage would have costs depending upon the actual COST of the trip insured, and we have no idea if your trip is costing $1,500 pp or $12,000 pp or $24,000 pp.

It might be great for $10k pp, but not so good for $1k pp...

Also, often (usually, but not always), the cost also depends upon age of traveler. There can be a "bump" at some/several ages, such as 65, or 75, etc., in which case the age at travel would need to be known.

Note that where the asterisk points out "Up to the trip cost paid, up to a maximum of $60,000" - that does not mean there is $60k coverage for *this* policy. The limit is "up to the trip cost paid", and presumably would not exceed $60k even IF the trip cost more than that.

And "Fine print did not have anything that seemed out of sorts to me"... well, it's hard for any of us to know whether we agree, since we can't see the "fine print", and with insurance, the "fine print" is likely to be where there would be difficulties IF there were to be any should there be a claim.

(Ask those who report here that they didn't realize x or y, which is why their claim was denied...)

We always work with a travel insurance broker, who can offer us more than one policy, with pros/cons of each plus price *comparisons" between/among policies that would be suitable for our needs, etc.

GC