Drone Footage/Info from Bermuda Cruise

mattb31

o6LqGh3I9J0

Cool video that I shot 100% from my drone while I was in Bermuda on the Celebrity Summit in June.

I also wanted to give some information regarding taking the drone aboard and using it, since it was hard for me to get concrete information before I went.

• Celebrity gave me no issues whatsoever bringing it on-board. I do have a Mavic Pro, so it folds up, but I brought it off the ship and then back on all 3 days we were there and they never said anything about it. That being said, don't fly it on the ship (or be stupid with it).
  • I flew it in several places around the island and followed Bermuda's guidelines for UAV. Tobacco Bay was close to the airport but just outside the 5-mile radius. Other than that, just obey the rules of being below 400 feet. 99% of the aircrafts in Bermuda are jets going in and out of LF Wade, so you won't have to worry about interfering with GA aircraft.
  • I flew this around the dockyard as well with no issues. I walked to the very end of the dock away from people and got some great footage. There were plenty of security officers on and police around the dock and no one bothered me. I just made sure to not fly directly above the cruise ships and everything was fine.
  • Next up, taking it on the Allure in November to St. Maarten and Puerto Rico!

Edited by mattb31
broken link

Sweet. I wanted to bring my DJI Spark to Bermuda this year, but NCL, for some reason, has completely banned UAVs from being brought onboard. Even though when packed the Spark takes up less room than a laptop.

I assume some idiot brought one onboard and started using it on the ship, hence the ban.

I could not get a clear answer from NCL as to why they don't allow them to be brought onboard at all. I was really looking forward to getting a lot of footage from the beaches. Cest la vie.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2018 at 1:40 PM, mattb31 said:

o6LqGh3I9J0

Cool video that I shot 100% from my drone while I was in Bermuda on the Celebrity Summit in June.

I also wanted to give some information regarding taking the drone aboard and using it, since it was hard for me to get concrete information before I went.

• Celebrity gave me no issues whatsoever bringing it on-board. I do have a Mavic Pro, so it folds up, but I brought it off the ship and then back on all 3 days we were there and they never said anything about it. That being said, don't fly it on the ship (or be stupid with it).
  • I flew it in several places around the island and followed Bermuda's guidelines for UAV. Tobacco Bay was close to the airport but just outside the 5-mile radius. Other than that, just obey the rules of being below 400 feet. 99% of the aircrafts in Bermuda are jets going in and out of LF Wade, so you won't have to worry about interfering with GA aircraft.
  • I flew this around the dockyard as well with no issues. I walked to the very end of the dock away from people and got some great footage. There were plenty of security officers on and police around the dock and no one bothered me. I just made sure to not fly directly above the cruise ships and everything was fine.
  • Next up, taking it on the Allure in November to St. Maarten and Puerto Rico!

X Wow, thank you for sharing that. 

Edited by BarnCat1