Checking Bags at Pan Pacific Hotel

Dejlig Ko

Booked at the Pan Pacific on purpose because I verified with the hotel that you can check your cruise bags with the Hotel Bellman and take the elevator downstairs to check in. Now my traveling companion has voiced concerns over doing that, instead wanting to check the bags with the porters directly.

Are there any drawbacks either way? I was excited about leaving the bags with the hotel. If we do go that way, what would be reasonable tip amount?

One additional question would be for a recommend for breakfast place near the Pan Pacific.

Thanks in advance!

Booked at the Pan Pacific on purpose because I verified with the hotel that you can check your cruise bags with the Hotel Bellman and take the elevator downstairs to check in. Now my traveling companion has voiced concerns over doing that, instead wanting to check the bags with the porters directly.

Are there any drawbacks either way? I was excited about leaving the bags with the hotel. If we do go that way, what would be reasonable tip amount?

One additional question would be for a recommend for breakfast place near the Pan Pacific.

Thanks in advance!

When your ready. You'll call the bellman. They will come up , take the bags and deliver to the ports. The next time you'll see them will be onboard. We usually tip the bellman $5 per bag.

We left our bags with the bellman at the Pan Pacific and we next saw them in our cabin. i know we tipped but I don't remember how much.

We ate breakfast the morning of the cruise at the Pan Pacific. It was really nice eating and looking out the window at our ship. The food was really good, but not cheap.

For a quick breakfast, there is a Tim Hortons in the basement of the hotel (part of a decent sized food court). Just take the escalator down from the lobby at street level.

We have had the bellman take our luggage on two different trips - no problems at all and a nice touch. I offered a tip but they refused (said that HAL had already tipped them!).

Edited by DaveOKC

For a quick breakfast, there is a Tim Hortons in the basement of the hotel (part of a decent sized food court). Just take the escalator down from the lobby at street level.

We have had the bellman take our luggage on two different trips - no problems at all and a nice touch. I offered a tip but they refused (said that HAL had already tipped them!).

I assume you had a HAL pre-cruise hotel package where bellman gratuities are included. I believe this is the first post I have read that confirms that the bellman does indeed receive some money from the cruise line. Thanks for posting your comment!