Taking Drone on Cruise

glennmartin

But you still asked to circumvent the rule. You probably know full well when one drone owner sees someone using theirs off the ship, they will ask how they could and then that drone owner will bring theirs next time, put the Captain in an embarrassing situation and pretty soon we will all have to evade the drones. Worse, what happens when you are playing with your toy and someone else is told no, now won't that put the crew and the Captain in an uncomfortable position?

IMHO, rules are for everyone and another good reason to not cruise with MSC, if they are gonig to pick and choose who has to abide by their rules.

You must just want to argue, your point is absurd.

You must just want to argue, your point is absurd.
You might think it is absurd, but I don't and we each can voice our own opinions. BTW, I wasn't going to respond anymore, because I felt I made my point about rules being for everyone, but then you had to respond to my post, maybe to start an argument????:D Edited by NLH Arizona

What do you DO with drone video or photos? Share it with people on a website? The reason I don't like drones is the thought of being videotaped or photographed. But to be fair, I suppose the rules are the same as if a person was doing it out in public.

Your right....... It is legal to photograph or videotape anything and anyone on any public property, within reasonable community standards. Photographing or videotaping a tourist attraction, whether publicly or privately owned, is generally considered legal, unless explicitly prohibited by a specific law or statute.

Most people are clueless, their also clueless as to how many times a day their photo is taken when they are out in public

You are entitled to your opinion. I’m just trying to help out fellow UAV owners here who might be considering taking theirs on MSC.

Your snarky comments aside, we only brought it to his attention at the end of our conversation when he asked us if we had experienced any issues so far. There was no begging or pleading. It was just a very friendly Captain who wanted to make sure that we were having a wonderful cruise.

We had a nice conversation where he told us why the rule had been changed as I described above. It was done for the passengers safety as they found that most did not understand the drone laws for the multiple ports of call. They didn’t want passengers to be detained or have their drones confiscated by the local governments while in port.

So having the appropriate clearances ahead of time *might* allow you to get a waiver from MSC.

I understand that some members here are opposed to drones in general. Perhaps you have been injured by a drone at some time in the past or had a family member subjected to a drone assassination attempt. If it was the latter I hope your family in Venezuela is ok. :eek:;p

Lol! So glad everything worked out!! I took my Mavic with me last year on a southern Caribbean cruise and had a blast.

Thankfully I did get some footage before and after the incident.

All footage was captured in accordance with local laws and with express written permission from the area authorities.

Did you have any issues with yours on GSC? Do you know if they allow them on Harvest Caye as well?

No issues, never saw it getting back on the ship. I was able to find a small area to launch and retrieve from away from everyone.

I think I’m going to fly a drone while smoking an e cig, and you can bet your bottom dollar I’ve got a poolside chair piled with my stuff, I haven’t been there since 7am but I’ll fly my drone over to check on it every so often.[emoji13]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums