NCL Pearl

Monstica

I have just put a deposit on the NCL Pearl leaving out of NY on April 18 returning the 28th. I have a couple of questions, we have sailed on the Breakaway twice with our sons, now ages 12 and 14. First, I am afraid they will be a bit bored. It is spring break so I imagine there will be other kids on board, but I imagine most of them will be taking the Escape that leaves on April 21-28. They are the type of kids to make their own fun and don't need to be entertained. I am really not interested in that cruise it will probably be a madhouse. Second, I booked an aft Balcony cabin 10668. Will it be noisy, rocky or dirty from ash. Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

I have just put a deposit on the NCL Pearl leaving out of NY on April 18 returning the 28th. I have a couple of questions, we have sailed on the Breakaway twice with our sons, now ages 12 and 14. First, I am afraid they will be a bit bored. It is spring break so I imagine there will be other kids on board, but I imagine most of them will be taking the Escape that leaves on April 21-28. They are the type of kids to make their own fun and don't need to be entertained. I am really not interested in that cruise it will probably be a madhouse. Second, I booked an aft Balcony cabin 10668. Will it be noisy, rocky or dirty from ash. Any insight you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

We were on the Pearl in 10164 a few cabins down from 10668. We loved the location, never noticed it rocky, dirty from ash or noisy. Cabins above and below so you should be fine. Enjoy your cruise we loved the Pearl.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I was just on the Pearl, in balcony cabin 9140 aft. No noise there and no ash. Not sure what the ash would come from?

There is a sports deck, I noticed kids playing basketball. There is a rock climbing wall and two bowling lanes in the Bliss Lounge.

Hope that helps you some :)

Pearl AFB have good and bad locations. We ended up moving our AFB to another deck ... I can’t remember the details as it was 2+ years ago. However, search because there are a lot of prior discussions on “bad” AFB on Pearl due to sound - I read nothing about soot because they are vertical facing rather than staggered. We did have another AFB on the Carnival Victory and there was a a lot of soot.