What's the best cabin you got when booking "Sail Away"? Should I bid for Haven?

ELA

I booked Sail Away balcony just couple of days ago and it seems that the ship sold out since then of ALL balcony and Mini Suite cabins.(it's a Thanksgiving cruise).

We still haven't been assigned a room so I am curious what happens if they oversold on category? Especially with all the upgrade games going on etc.

So I assume we'll get a regular balcony though we did get a request to bid for Haven. The cheapest offer was "$400/pp" bid for a category that is sold out. . Second one starts at $750/pp bu I don't think I can get DH to go for it.

We have two 14 girls (tall) and I don't think sleeping on sofa bed would work for them - even in Haven suite. Bunks are probabbly better for them...

But the Haven bid is so tempting especailly since we got an amazing deal on Sail Away because of credits we had. .

Just because balconies say “sold out” now does not mean they don’t have one for you right now. It just means they are not selling any more balcony cabins to anybody else at this time. They may have inventory of balconies that they are not showing you. Or it is possible that they could be out of balcony inventory at this moment until somebody gets upgraded, freeing up a cabin for you. No matter, they will find a balcony if you don’t bid and win an upgrade.

Should you bid? Well, you only pay the upgrade charge for the first two passengers, so your girls would upgrade with you for free... that’s a deal. Take a look at Haven Suite configurations and talk to the girls. When I was a girl, I would have slept on a blanket or cushion on the floor if I had to just experience a cruise (nonetheless something like the Haven), but your kids might not see it the same way I would have. Then decide if you want to bid. I imagine bidding will be competitive for a Thanksgiving week cruise, though I’d take a shot if it were me.

Just because balconies say “sold out” now does not mean they don’t have one for you right now. It just means they are not selling any more balcony cabins to anybody else at this time. They may have inventory of balconies that they are not showing you. Or it is possible that they could be out of balcony inventory at this moment until somebody gets upgraded, freeing up a cabin for you. No matter, they will find a balcony if you don’t bid and win an upgrade.

Should you bid? Well, you only pay the upgrade charge for the first two passengers, so your girls would upgrade with you for free... that’s a deal. Take a look at Haven Suite configurations and talk to the girls. When I was a girl, I would have slept on a blanket or cushion on the floor if I had to just experience a cruise (nonetheless something like the Haven), but your kids might not see it the same way I would have. Then decide if you want to bid. I imagine bidding will be competitive for a Thanksgiving week cruise, though I’d take a shot if it were me.

Thanks! We will give it a try and see. Meanwhile we got assignment a cabin and it’s angled so we got a bigger balcony! So we are very happy regardless what happens!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums