Latitudes free bottle of wine

calmpets

Just a curiosity question. My stepson will be 20 years old on our next cruise, and has bronze latitudes status. He is booked in a room with my cousin, who will be 32, but has never been on a cruise before. Do they give the free bottle of sparkling wine as long as anyone in the room is of legal drinking age, or only if the latitudes member is over 21? It does not specify on the rewards chart. My husband will be signing the wine & beer permission form for him, if that makes any difference.

If you don’t get it just go to the CruiseNext Rep after you sign the wine/beer permission and request it. It is “sparkling wine” and is not at all good, unless mixed with OJ, btw.

We take apple juice from breakfast and drink it 50:50 with the "wine".

Thanks! Since he will be barely 20, I don't think he will be that picky, but good to know. I'll warn him, and then if he still wants it he can go to CruiseNext with his father and the signed permission form.

Thanks! Since he will be barely 20, I don't think he will be that picky, but good to know. I'll warn him, and then if he still wants it he can go to CruiseNext with his father and the signed permission form.

It is one bottle per cabin so there shouldn't be an issue. The steward makes sure it is there.

My room steward would not accept it. She said NCL employees are not allowed to accept and it goes back into the general stores. However, the ladies who run the spa work for Mandara and they were thrilled to accept.

We had a similar experience. Last November gave it to our room steward who seemed happy to receive it. A month later on a different cruise offered it to our room steward who said they were not allowed to have booze in their cabins so we just left it in our cabin (no point drinking that plonk when you have the UBP).

We always trade it for a bottle of Wine. Just ask your steward to trade it or take it to one of the Bars and they will exchange it for you. We've done this two or three times.

Jack300s, that is great to see. What were you able to trade it for? Are you a platinum or haven that would mean you got special treatment?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Jack300s, that is great to see. What were you able to trade it for? Are you a platinum or haven that would mean you got special treatment?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We are at platinum level. We stayed in balcony and mini suite when we made the change. NCL gives us two bottles of sparkling wine. As the sparkling wine they give you is a lower priced wine. You can exchange it for a another another wine of equal value. We always get a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon and a bottle of Chardonnay. I would go to the wine bar when making the change as they seem to have a better selection. Hope this helps...

We are at platinum level. We stayed in balcony and mini suite when we made the change. NCL gives us two bottles of sparkling wine. As the sparkling wine they give you is a lower priced wine. You can exchange it for a another another wine of equal value. We always get a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon and a bottle of Chardonnay. I would go to the wine bar when making the change as they seem to have a better selection. Hope this helps...

Just looking at your posting history, it seems that the last roll call you were posting in was for a cruise that sailed in January 2017, which was just before the latitudes tiers and benefits all changed. Since then, there have been very few, if any, reports of people being able to exchange the bottle of wine. As it given out to everyone who has cruised before there are so many more out there that they have stopped swapping them.

Are you aware of the other changes to latitudes?

Just looking at your posting history, it seems that the last roll call you were posting in was for a cruise that sailed in January 2017, which was just before the latitudes tiers and benefits all changed. Since then, there have been very few, if any, reports of people being able to exchange the bottle of wine. As it given out to everyone who has cruised before there are so many more out there that they have stopped swapping them.

Are you aware of the other changes to latitudes?

You are correct. Our last cruise wayJanuary 2017 on the Dawn. We'll be on the Gem next month out of New York. I'll report back if unable to exchange sparkling wine.

We appreciated ours. We just took our first cruise with that benefit and ignorantly thought it was the small sparkling wine already in the mini-bar so enjoyed that after boarding....only to have our steward bring the real (and full size!) free bottle by about an hour later. Glad we had lots of OBC to burn and chalked it up to lesson learned.

We appreciated ours. We just took our first cruise with that benefit and ignorantly thought it was the small sparkling wine already in the mini-bar so enjoyed that after boarding....only to have our steward bring the real (and full size!) free bottle by about an hour later. Glad we had lots of OBC to burn and chalked it up to lesson learned.

OMG...thanks for the chuckle!!!!