Getaway H5 cabin sizes

pog27

I just booked the Getaway in July in cabin 15100. I'm trying to figure out how it compares to other H5 cabins. On the deck plan 15100 looks bigger than all other H5's on decks 15 and 16 other than the handicapped H5 cabin. The deck plan makes 15100 look wider (it also looks wider on the Breakaway deck plan). Does anyone know if it actually is wider which would also mean it should have a larger balcony also?

I just booked the Getaway in July in cabin 15100. I'm trying to figure out how it compares to other H5 cabins. On the deck plan 15100 looks bigger than all other H5's on decks 15 and 16 other than the handicapped H5 cabin. The deck plan makes 15100 look wider (it also looks wider on the Breakaway deck plan). Does anyone know if it actually is wider which would also mean it should have a larger balcony also?

It does look bigger ....

It looks bigger to me, too. The description for the H5 rooms says they are between 328 and 349 sq feet. So perhaps 15100 is the 349? My calculations say that means it is probably 12" to 15" wider than the other suites. I sure hope so - I will be staying in this cabin in June!

Hi,

I am also booked in this cabin in September and trying to get more info. It looks larger but for some reason it is the only cabin in that category that only sleep 2 (not 3). I saw a photo once of a room in this category with a big pole in it. When I looked it up on NCL something in the description said "pier aft" but I don't know what that means. It wasn't in the description of the other rooms but this one is the farthest forward.

Either way I'm sure it will be awesome.

• 4 years later...
Aloha All,

I've researched on the NCL threads and a lot of CC posters seem to ask the same question, is cabin 15100 on Breakaway larger, and what is next to it facing forward? So far no answers though. Can anyone who has been in 15100 help?

Thanks.

Patric

Good luck with that! I'm booked in the same cabin on sister ship Breakaway this Thanksgiving. I have found NOTHING that speaks to the size variance of this cabin compared to the others. And I've started a thread as well. No info. I have seen pics that show a pole but it is connected to a shelving unit that makes for a nice vanity or desk area so not necessarily a bad thing IMHO. Also, on Breakaway, the deck plan shows that this cabin butts up against the Salt Room in the spa. I'm guessing that means it's quiet. I plan to post pictures and dimensions after our sailing.

Aloha again,

Thanks for your reply. We haven’t booked yet but are looking at a 2019 cruise.

We called NCL to ask about 15100. Notable information from the call:

The cabin accomodates 2 versus 3 passengers in the other H5 cabins. No explanation for the size difference on the deck plan schematic. The space forward of 15100 between the cabin and the salt room is supposed to be a sound buffer. The cabin dimensions of 328 square feet include the 58 square feet of the balcony.

We’re still considering the cruise and the cabin, but favor the Haven in general.

Patric

Aloha again,

Thanks for your reply. We haven’t booked yet but are looking at a 2019 cruise.

We called NCL to ask about 15100. Notable information from the call:

The cabin accomodates 2 versus 3 passengers in the other H5 cabins. No explanation for the size difference on the deck plan schematic. The space forward of 15100 between the cabin and the salt room is supposed to be a sound buffer. The cabin dimensions of 328 square feet include the 58 square feet of the balcony.

We’re still considering the cruise and the cabin, but favor the Haven in general.

Patric

Wow! Thanks for taking the time to make the call. sound buffer, eh? Well I guess that would account for the "extra" space shown on the plan. It's a smaller space over all than we are used to. I check often for an Aft facing stateroom, just to see if one has opened up. They're not inside the Haven though. Again, thank you for the information!

Christina

Hi,

I had 15100 on the Breakaway last March. The cabin has some pros/cons vs. the other H5s.

Pros:

It's at the end of the hallway, it's very private and quiet. There was no noise from above, below or in front (the spa is right in front of this cabin).

It might be slightly wider, but I couldn't feel any difference from other H5s I've seen.

The balcony doesn't abut any other cabin's balcony. Nice and private.

Cons:

There is a big ol' support pole in the cabin. The pole chops the room into two parts and some people won't like it. They built shelving from the pole to the wall, so if you have 500 books, bring them. There's plenty of display space for your collection. On one side of the pole is the bed/wall unit and other other is a tiny, non-fold-out sofa (which is why this H5 doesn't sleep 3), a round table with two chairs and a sit down vanity area (which isn't in other H5s). The problem is, these 3 features are crammed into a small area, the table blocks access to the balcony and also blocks access to the vanity area. You WILL walk into the table and chairs and curse a lot. After 2 days, I asked the cabin steward to remove the chairs which rendered the table useless.

Second con is also list as a pro. Being at the end of the hallway means you will have a long walk to the stairs up to the main Haven area. This cabin feels removed from the Haven amenities.

All things considered 15100 is still a great cabin, but this is likely the worst in it's category on Breakaway and Getaway. If there's availability on deck 16, I would strongly recommend considering one of those options.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...
14 minutes ago, kuku77254 said:

Booked for this cabin and would love to see pictures. I can't find any of the "pole" and NCL insists it is the same as the others.

Here's 15114 from the Getaway compared to 15100 from the Breakaway (exact dimensions/layout to Getaway.)

48021-1477437632.thumb.jpeg.f0c9fc55022fb60fa293b866433395e8.jpegNorCou151-29308-1551124500.thumb.jpg.1d1a473dc4da30841a40b7f0a4a5aede.jpg

I can't say whether the balcony goes all the way across in 15100, but I can say that in the accessible cabin it does NOT (it is just a ceiling to floor window.)

Edited by pcakes122