Taxi from Logan to cruise port (Boston)

cherylatwork

Hi all

I know it's close, I've done this cruise many times before...but this is the first time I will be dropped off at Logan instead of the Black Falcon Cruise terminal or whatever it's called now...If it has been asked before, I'm sorry, but does anyone know the price of a taxi/cab to the cruise port? ...I don't have a smart phone so Uber is not an option :D

Thanks

Cheryl

Hi all

I know it's close, I've done this cruise many times before...but this is the first time I will be dropped off at Logan instead of the Black Falcon Cruise terminal or whatever it's called now...If it has been asked before, I'm sorry, but does anyone know the price of a taxi/cab to the cruise port? ...I don't have a smart phone so Uber is not an option :D

Thanks

Cheryl

$25-30. The Silver Line bus is free if you can roll your luggage to transfer over the tracks via elevator/escalator to the SL2 bus at World Trade Cnter indoor station.

• 2 weeks later...

Just did this two weeks ago. It was $30 including tip to get to the pier but on the return trip it was only $20. Don't know what the difference was unless you only pay the toll for the tunnel going one way.

• 1 year later...
$25-30. The Silver Line bus is free if you can roll your luggage to transfer over the tracks via elevator/escalator to the SL2 bus at World Trade Cnter indoor station.
Believe it or not, this year old plus post is the most recent addressing Logan transfer to the pier in my search results.

138east am I to understand that you recommend taking the Silver Line from Logan to WTC, then transferring to the bus which goes to the pier? And that it's all FREE?

I travel light and am fit so should not be too difficult if I am understanding you.

Is this the best way in your opinion and if not, what do you recommend?

EDITED: never mind 138east. I just saw your August '18 post to someone staying at Yotel. Very helpful. Thanks for the info.

Sent from my Etch-a-sketch

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea

Believe it or not, this year old plus post is the most recent addressing Logan transfer to the pier in my search results.

138east am I to understand that you recommend taking the Silver Line from Logan to WTC, then transferring to the bus which goes to the pier? And that it's all FREE?

I travel light and am fit so should not be too difficult if I am understanding you.

Is this the best way in your opinion and if not, what do you recommend?

EDITED: never mind 138east. I just saw your August '18 post to someone staying at Yotel. Very helpful. Thanks for the info.

I want to be sure you understand the directions from Logan to the Port. Going to the Yotel is a bit different. The trip is not difficult if you can manage your luggage to lift it one step to get on and off the bus. I've done it many times to go to and from Logan Airport.

At Logan the Silver Line bus stops on the lower level (arrivals) of terminals A, B, and C or in front of terminal E. You get on the bus at the rear door if you can. There is usually more room back there and the luggage racks are more convenient. The first stop after going through the Ted Williams tunnel is the outdoor World Trade Center street stop. Do not get off. Stay on the bus until it swings around, stops at Silver Line Way, and then stops at the indoor World Trade Center stop where you do get off. Use the elevator to go up to the Mezzanine, walk over the right of way to the other side, and take the elevator down. Take the SL2 bus (usually marked Dry Dock Avenue/Design Center). Tell the driver you want to get off at Black Falcon. Usually this bus is almost empty.

The trip done this way is free from Logan. If you get off at the World Trade Center outdoor street stop or Silver Line Way outdoor street stop, you will have to pay the fare because these stops are not within a controlled access station so no free transfer unless the driver is feeling kind and just lets you on the bus.

I'm doing a similar trip next Sunday to sail on the Serenade. I'll be taking the Red Line subway to South Station and the SL2 to Black Falcon.

I want to be sure you understand the directions from Logan to the Port. Going to the Yotel is a bit different. The trip is not difficult if you can manage your luggage to lift it one step to get on and off the bus. I've done it many times to go to and from Logan Airport.

At Logan the Silver Line bus stops on the lower level (arrivals) of terminals A, B, and C or in front of terminal E. You get on the bus at the rear door if you can. There is usually more room back there and the luggage racks are more convenient. The first stop after going through the Ted Williams tunnel is the outdoor World Trade Center street stop. Do not get off. Stay on the bus until it swings around, stops at Silver Line Way, and then stops at the indoor World Trade Center stop where you do get off. Use the elevator to go up to the Mezzanine, walk over the right of way to the other side, and take the elevator down. Take the SL2 bus (usually marked Dry Dock Avenue/Design Center). Tell the driver you want to get off at Black Falcon. Usually this bus is almost empty.

The trip done this way is free from Logan. If you get off at the World Trade Center outdoor street stop or Silver Line Way outdoor street stop, you will have to pay the fare because these stops are not within a controlled access station so no free transfer unless the driver is feeling kind and just lets you on the bus.

I'm doing a similar trip next Sunday to sail on the Serenade. I'll be taking the Red Line subway to South Station and the SL2 to Black Falcon.

This is great! Thank you so much. I'm doing the Dawn repo so won't be returning to Logan, but, I understand to buy the fare if I were.

This is such good info. With PIT to BOS air being so much less than to NY, and convenient and free public transfer from airport to port, I'll be surely looking for more Boston cruises.

Enjoy your Serenade cruise! Bon Voyage!

Needed to research this for upcoming cruise out of Boston and found a shuttle service from Logan to Black Falcon for $15.75. Hope this helps for anyone still looking for transportation from airport to cruise terminal.

Could you share the name of the shuttle service and how to contact them? This would not be economical for 2 people since the cab and Uber/Lyft fares should be less than $31.50.