San Francisco Dock

Suzanne123

The dock is right inside the city. San Francisco is a compact easy to get around place. I have been there solo on a land trip and just used normal public transit to get around + walking. The only place I needed a tour was to get outside the city to Muir Woods. I wouldn't do a ho ho there with all the easy transit options.

With that said, there are stops on the ho ho at Fisherman's Wharf and the Ferry Building. Those 2 places are walking distance on either side of the cruise docks. Here is a map but not sure the link will be live:

https://goo.gl/maps/5P6VAu8fc9H2

The ferry building is the gray pointer on the map on the right side near the bottom.

There are tour operators at the pier. You could book the Alcatraz tour if there are still tickets and walk a few yards to the ferry out to the "Rock." Also, check out "Wild San Francisco" walk tours. We did the Chinatown one a couple of years ago and loved it. They have several others I would love to go back and do. You might have to catch an UBER to their meeting point, but well worth it.

https://wildsftours.com/

I am spending two days in SF on a Pacific Coast cruise in a couple weeks ( going solo ). Does anyone know if there are tour vendors near the dock or if I could catch the HOHO close by? Thanks.

Suzanne, I just wanted to add that I am assuming you are on the Celebrity Soltice. There are two ports in San Francisco. Assuming I am correct you will be docked a the newer Pier at Pier 27. I say this because there are two piers in San Francisco. The other pier is pier 35. They are a short walk from one another. The other pier is a little closer to Fisherman's Wharf.

It is a short walk to some stores/vendors.

There is the Ferry Building for more one of a kind items.

A more touristy area which is towards Pier 35 is pier 39.

With two days you have a lot you can do.

There is a HOHO near Pier 39.

I would visit a site like Trip Advisor to read about places to visit or there are a range of other travel sites to visit.

We love San Francisco.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...