Long Beach questions

timtam2

hi all,

I will be staying at the Hotel Maya - I know the Long Beach shuttle service goes past the hotel but does it actually pull into the hotel as a stop. I want to use it to get to/from the Queen Mary and downtown.

Also, I will be departing LAX on an international flight at 1030pm on a Friday night. I have booked a private transfer and am not sure what time I should arrange for the pickup - is 4pm too early?

thanks

hi all,

I will be staying at the Hotel Maya - I know the Long Beach shuttle service goes past the hotel but does it actually pull into the hotel as a stop. I want to use it to get to/from the Queen Mary and downtown.

Also, I will be departing LAX on an international flight at 1030pm on a Friday night. I have booked a private transfer and am not sure what time I should arrange for the pickup - is 4pm too early?

thanks

The Long Beach Passport Shuttle stops on Queensway, just in front of the Maya Doubletree Hotel--not in the hotel's driveway loading zone...but still very close. It does stop in front of the Queen Mary as well...but, if you wanted to walk it, it is only 0.6 miles and an easy walk from the Maya to the QM. The Passport shuttle will also take you across the channel to many stops in Downtown Long Beach.

As to timing at LAX, the recommendation is arriving three hours before an international flight (which I've always found to be more than ample time). It is only about 23 miles from the port in Long Beach to LAX. Even with the worst of timing (and Friday evenings are about as bad as it gets), it will likely take no more than an hour. Figuring a little extra time, preparing for the worst--like a lane-blocking accident or something, two hours would still be overkill. But, figuring you want to be VERY CONSERVATIVE, 5:30 pm still gives you WAY more than enough time...for a 10:30 pm flight!