Winter 2018 Ferry Schedule?

hp_slash

I'm less confidant than SBtS is that this winter's schedule will be similar to last year's because this summer's schedule was noticeably different than last summer's schedule. For example, this summer there were four fewer weekday Blue Route departures from Dockyard than in 2017. In addition in the past all Blue Route departures permitted motorcycles to be aboard, but 5 of the departures from Dockyard this year do not. There are also fewer weekend ferries this year .

So I would recommend viewing last year's schedule as just a general frame of reference and not making specific plans based on it.

• 2 weeks later...
Disappointed that there's no off-season Orange ferry to St. George. I guess I will have to look at bus service. We will be docked in downtown Hamilton.

IMHO, not having the Orange Route ferry is not a big disadvantage if you are docked in Hamilton.

You would first have to take the Blue Route ferry to the Dockyard where you would switch to the Orange Route ferry, and the OR ferry only makes 4 round trips per day. The BR ferry takes 20 minutes, Hamilton <> Dockyard, and the OR ferry takes 45 minutes, Dockyard <> St George, plus any waiting time for the OR ferry.

A route #10 or #11 bus makes the trip in 50 minutes and the 2 routes in combo depart every 15 minutes from Hamilton. The bus ride may not be as enjoyable as the ferry ride, but you get to see Bermuda close up.

SBtS

Disappointed that there's no off-season Orange ferry to St. George. I guess I will have to look at bus service. We will be docked in downtown Hamilton.

If you are docked in Hamilton pretty much the only reason to take ferries to St. George’s is to do a stopover at the Dockyard. It is two separate ferries from Hamilton. A bus ride will take less time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMHO, not having the Orange Route ferry is not a big disadvantage if you are docked in Hamilton.

Thanks, that makes sense. I will probably do a bus to St. George one day and a ferry to Royal Navy dockyard another day.

I stumbled across the winter ferry schedule on another social media site. It was published by a Bermuda tour company.

[ATTACH]430758[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for sharing. Should post this as a new thread as the supplementary ferry to St. George’s service is real news.

I have gone and posted it as a new thread to catch peoples attention since a lot cruising those times asked about getting to St. George’s then and it was not known there would be ferry service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Charles4515

How long is the bus ride from the bus stop by the Swizzle Inn to the Hamilton Ferry dock? Thank you!

About 30 to 40 minutes depending on which bus route (1, 3, 10, 11) you end up taking. Routes 10 and 11 are typically faster than 1 and 3 because they take a more direct route to Hamilton.

By the way, my answer assumes you are talking about the original Swizzle Inn that is located near the caves.

Thank you so much for your help!

You're welcome.

I had added a sentence to my original reply that may not have hit the board by the time you posted your thanks. It is: "By the way, my answer assumes you are talking about the original Swizzle Inn that is located near the caves."

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, teejoy said:

We are docked at naval yard.  last year we took ferry to Hamilton, what is there in St. George?  Is it worth the trip?

In my opinion it is very worth the trip. A World Heritage Site. I always visit St. George’s any visit to Bermuda over a day. 

40101AB5-3380-4124-8B02-2D2012CDFD06.jpeg

3A9F4DB3-E92A-402B-A44D-1B79F08E293F.jpeg

09AFFADA-C9EC-4392-B4A3-F54CF57F50BD.jpeg

Edited by Charles4515