Long Beach Passport and luggage?

cruisemom67

There are 4 of us flying in to LAX, renting a car, then returning it the next day in Long Beach. We would like to stay together when Embarking Imagination. We are looking at dropping off the car and getting on the Passport shuttle with our luggage. Is this feasible? Another option is that my husband wants to drop us and luggage off, take the car back and WALK (he likes to walk) the 2 miles back. I am not a fan of this idea....

Final option (my favorite) is drop the luggage off with my parents (in their late 70s), return the car, and either Uber ($6) or Passport shuttle back. Any thoughts for those of you who have done this? By the way, we are all Platinum on Carnival so it doesn't matter on boarding time, except the sooner the betterclear.png?emoji-grin-1677.

I would take Uber. Just keep in mind that Uber drivers have to be in line with everyone else, so allow plenty of time if you want to be first on board. I took Uber from LAX around 9:45, and even sitting in the line getting into the pier, I still was there in plenty of time.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

There are 4 of us flying in to LAX, renting a car, then returning it the next day in Long Beach. We would like to stay together when Embarking Imagination. We are looking at dropping off the car and getting on the Passport shuttle with our luggage. Is this feasible? Another option is that my husband wants to drop us and luggage off, take the car back and WALK (he likes to walk) the 2 miles back. I am not a fan of this idea....

Final option (my favorite) is drop the luggage off with my parents (in their late 70s), return the car, and either Uber ($6) or Passport shuttle back. Any thoughts for those of you who have done this? By the way, we are all Platinum on Carnival so it doesn't matter on boarding time, except the sooner the betterclear.png?emoji-grin-1677.

We did this sort of thing last year, dropped off the rental car and took the passport shuttle down to the ship. It's very simple, but we only had one carry on and a backpack each. If you have a bunch of luggage I would not recommend to have everyone do this. There was construction at the pier last year when we did it so the regular stop was not in use and we had to walk quite a ways with our bag at the final stop. That has probably changed, but I have no idea where the regular stop is located at the pier.

Easiest is probably to drop off everyone and the bags at the ship, then have your husband go drop off the car alone and take passport himself. I wouldn't recommend walking either, it's a hike and not really optimized for walking.

There was construction at the pier last year when we did it so the regular stop was not in use and we had to walk quite a ways with our bag at the final stop. That has probably changed, but I have no idea where the regular stop is located at the pier.

The regular stop is at the Queen Mary.

http://www.lbtransit.com/Schedules/Default.aspx?routegrp=30&routes=Passport&direction=Outbound&day=today&mode=map

Passport is convenient when only taking carryon (22”) and a tote. The forward facing seats have little room for suitcases. The few side facing seats are the HC area, wheelchairs etc have priority.

Could drop the others off at port and the driver (and another?) could return the car.

We use Enterprise, they drove us to port.

I once walked all the way from the Long Beach airport to the port - 9 miles. Just because I wanted to, and my cabinmates had my luggage so I only had a backpack. It took 3 hours of much needed exercise and I thought it was great. Some slightly sketchy neighborhoods, but I never felt unsafe, even as a woman walking alone. If your husband wants to walk the 2 miles, more power to him. Those last 2 miles are actually really nice, walking along by the aquarium and the port.