Laundry on NCL Gem

Jayneks

Per bag. You must be careful when packing the bags as they will tear easily. I roll/fold and fill as much as possible.

Platinum status gets a free bag...otherwise I think it is about $20 or so per bag.

Per bag. You must be careful when packing the bags as they will tear easily. I roll/fold and fill as much as possible.

Platinum status gets a free bag...otherwise I think it is about $20 or so per bag.

Exactly! I always bring some tape... usually Duct tape since it can serve many purposes. ;)

Ask your cabin steward for a spare pillow case...... use that to line the paper bag for extra support.

I was just on the gem, they had the one bag $19.95 offer, they gave the offer on day 4 of an 11 day cruise with the laundry being returned the evening of day 10. Sorry but I need the clean clothes now not at the end of the cruise, This is certainly a case of the olde ncl nickel and dime.

• Like 1

I was just on the gem, they had the one bag $19.95 offer, they gave the offer on day 4 of an 11 day cruise with the laundry being returned the evening of day 10. Sorry but I need the clean clothes now not at the end of the cruise, This is certainly a case of the olde ncl nickel and dime.
They do have laundry service available the entire cruise...... don't wait for the low cost special that generates a ton of other passenger laundry....

$19.95 is actually a great deal...... self service laundry on other lines would be about the same plus wasting a couple hours doing it.

or pack more clothes

They do have laundry service available the entire cruise...... don't wait for the low cost special that generates a ton of other passenger laundry....

$19.95 is actually a great deal...... self service laundry on other lines would be about the same plus wasting a couple hours doing it.

or pack more clothes

pack more clothes for a couple that travels with backpacks, gotcha. Well I got to admit that is the first time I ever heard a cruiser say PACK MORE. Pay $19.95 for a bag of laundry just to go home, gotcha. $19.95 is a great deal (just to take clothes home) instead of doing laundry in the middle of a cruise on a ship, so you could actually use your clothes, example Holland America, (it would cost me no where near ($19.95), gotcha.

Your info does not fall into the cruising on the cheap philosophy

pack more clothes for a couple that travels with backpacks, gotcha. Well I got to admit that is the first time I ever heard a cruiser say PACK MORE. Pay $19.95 for a bag of laundry just to go home, gotcha. $19.95 is a great deal (just to take clothes home) instead of doing laundry in the middle of a cruise on a ship, so you could actually use your clothes, example Holland America, (it would cost me no where near ($19.95), gotcha.

Your info does not fall into the cruising on the cheap philosophy

You want to travel via backpack.... then the same day laundry service should be a bargain for you because you didn't spend it on luggage.

I love when people post a complaint and then come clean that they themselves have set themselves up for challenges.....

• Like 1

I got mine back next day (11day cruise)

That is great, I wonder if they made a mistake or the olde ncl just printed wrong information on the flyer presented in our stateroom.

Yeah,it's odd that they say 4days and are able to return it next day.

Even if they want to add slack time, no need to make it 4x longer.

Maybe say 2days?

We are on Gem. Our paper laundry bag was actually a very sturdy vinyl bag. We boarded on Wednesday. Laundry special was offered on Saturday and delivered on Monday.

You itemize for record keeping only (so you know you got it all back).

Are you in a suite?

Redo your math. They picked up your laundry on day 4 and returned it on day 10? In my experience, it's normally available the next day and they often provide the offer twice on 9 - 14 day cruises. And how is that nickle and diming?

Redo your math. They picked up your laundry on day 4 and returned it on day 10? In my experience, it's normally available the next day and they often provide the offer twice on 9 - 14 day cruises. And how is that nickle and diming?

I was also just on the Gem for 11 days. They offered this ‘deal’ once towards the end of the cruise around day 7. A bit too late for us.

See things can be confusing, I never purchased the laundry for $19.95, I travel on the cheap, my deal in my room stated we would get the laundry back on the last night, whether that was night 10 or 11 is ABSOLUTELY non material to the discussion, as previously stated if I ever purchased a particular laundry ppackage i would need the clothes during the cruise not when the cruise is over, got it, oh the olde ncl

• 1 month later...

I sailed the Gem 09/08/2018 to 09/28/2018.  Flew to NY Fri. 09/07th. Boarded on  Saturday and Tuesday was the laundry special.  I was ecstatic. Definitely needed laundry done by Tuesday. My steward got my laundry back THAT night.  I didn't get to my cabin until VERY late ... 12:30 - 1:00 a.m. and there was my clean laundry!  Gave him $20 the next day and thanked him profusely. 

I travel with a 20" duffel bag and a large beach bag.    

It was the paper bag ... first laundry was 27 items (socks were counted as pairs, not each), 2nd laundry was 21 items and 3rd laundry was 30 items.  SO WORTH IT! 

Longest return time was 2nd day ... never a 4 day+  wait.  

Just want to say Justin Golan's shows on the NCL Gem were fantastic.  He gets the audience involved and participating.  Haven't laughed that hard in a long time.   

Patrick Duffy & Justin Golan’s Piano Bar Show
Presented By The Duplex
Saturday, December 22nd at 7:00pm EST
Online sale ends: 12/22/18 at 5:30pm EST
The Duplex Cabaret Theatre
61 Christopher Street (at the Corner of 7th Avenue)
New York, NY 10014

Patrick Duffy and Justin Golan presents: NYC Piano Bar Showdown!  Come join us for a night of classic singalongs, but stay for the laughs!  This duelling piano show is the perfect gift for your friends, family or mistress. 
Justin Golan the beatbox/piano man

Justin is a professional Piano Bar Entertainer and Beatboxer from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He has worked for several major cruise lines  as a Pianist, Piano Bar Entertainer and Music Director. With over 15 years experience as a vocal percussionist (beatboxer), Justin pushes the boundaries of the human voice and captivates audiences with his abilities. As a Piano Bar Entertainer, Justin puts on a high energy show with improvisational roasts and toasts, spontaneous beatboxing, and sing alongs!

8 hours ago, CruiseGal999 said:

Just want to say Justin Golan's shows on the NCL Gem were fantastic.  He gets the audience involved and participating.  Haven't laughed that hard in a long time.   

Patrick Duffy & Justin Golan’s Piano Bar Show
Presented By The Duplex
Saturday, December 22nd at 7:00pm EST
Online sale ends: 12/22/18 at 5:30pm EST
The Duplex Cabaret Theatre
61 Christopher Street (at the Corner of 7th Avenue)
New York, NY 10014

Patrick Duffy and Justin Golan presents: NYC Piano Bar Showdown!  Come join us for a night of classic singalongs, but stay for the laughs!  This duelling piano show is the perfect gift for your friends, family or mistress. 
Justin Golan the beatbox/piano man

Justin is a professional Piano Bar Entertainer and Beatboxer from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He has worked for several major cruise lines  as a Pianist, Piano Bar Entertainer and Music Director. With over 15 years experience as a vocal percussionist (beatboxer), Justin pushes the boundaries of the human voice and captivates audiences with his abilities. As a Piano Bar Entertainer, Justin puts on a high energy show with improvisational roasts and toasts, spontaneous beatboxing, and sing alongs!

How does this have anything to do with laundry?