Zaandam 23-Day Panama Canal Cruise Photo Blog

AryMay

It is finally finished! Although I wrote most of the blog posts daily on the cruise (but offline), I didn't want to post anything until I had sorted my photos and could include them. I had a gazillion photos to go through and then...well...life got in the way and it took me much longer than I had hoped.

But the blog is done and caught up now!!

Here is the link for the beginning of the posts if you would like to read about our wonderful cruise on the Zaandam. There is a separate post for each day and yes...some are quite lengthy.

Zaandam 23-Day Panama Canal Cruise

The posts also include menus from each day of the cruise and there are even links to a few videos that I did from some of the ports. (Believe me, I will not be getting any Academy Awards for these! But who knows...they might be helpful if you are planning to visit the same ports.)

For those of you who would rather just see some interior ship photos (taken AFTER the recent drydock) here is the link to final post with lots of photos.

Zaandam Ship Photos

This was our longest cruise to date but I am confident I would be happy cruising even longer!

Had trouble reading your review.

Please help me out. What type of trouble did you have when reading the review?

I write on a PC so wondering if the blog looks different when viewed from a phone or tablet?

Thank you for sharing your photos and your blog. We were on this cruise' date=' in fact, you caught my husband in a few pictures. We had a great time, and, would recommend this voyage. The Panama Canal is a marvel.[/quote']

Funny that you were able to pick out your husband on some of my photos!!

Were you at the Meet & Greet at the beginning of the cruise? We were there, but ended up in conversation with just a few people and never got around to meet others.

Thanks to everyone for the kind words!

scluvsrain

- Looking forward to reading about your current cruise as well!

SusieKIslandGirl

- I am looking forward to being back on the Zaandam as well! There were a couple of things I missed by being on a smaller ship, but overall it was a great "home away from home"!

nutensteve

- Going through the Panama Canal was something I had wanted to do for a long time. I'm sure you will have a great time! Make sure you learn a little about the history of the canal before you go...it makes the experience even better. I never could get all the way through the book "Path Between the Seas" but did watch several documentaries from YouTube and Netflix.

I'm really enjoying reading your daily entries on your Panama Canal cruise. And it's great to see photos of the ship. Looking forward to being aboard the Zaandam in January and meeting you. Thanks for the great report. -----Susie

Say hi to Mary for me in January Susie. I haven’t met her in person yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mary, I loved your blog from the NCL Sun cruise, but this one has won the prize! I've spent the better part of today reading it and looking at your amazing pictures.

It was so much fun seeing the Panama Canal and the cities and towns you visited through your eyes. Alas, your blog is as close to a Panama Canal cruise as I will get, because DH and I cannot stand that kind of heat. :D

Thanks for another absolutely fantastic review. I cannot wait until the next one.