Explore 4 package

Wineojim

Just got off phone with my TA about this possibility. She called HAL - HAL says they see NOTHING about Explore4. How can that be?

Promo is supposed to start Wednesday. Likely the in house HAL people can see it earlier.

If there are no "free promos", why do so many ask when the new promo with the 'free drinks' will be released?

Because they don't understand the X4 promo, are misinformed, or both. SBP (included with X4) drinks are not 'free', the costs for these beverages are 'pre-paid' in the form of a higher cruise fare as opposed to what the cruise fare is without the promo.

Again, it's always a matter of each individual 'doing the math' and making the determination whether the promo adds value for them.

For us it does..

When we asked about this year we were told that sometimes the promos are combinable (as they were last year)- we'd need to wait until Explore 4 came out to see,

I'm guessing it depends on the fares and how high they are.

Thank you so much! My regular PCC left the company suddenly, and I now have a new PCC who isn't as responsive. :(

I am a travel agent and saw the "Explore 4" option appear as early as this past weekend, but it could not yet be applied. As of last night, it was open for business. For my upcoming cruise, the Explore 4 price adds $330 per passenger. Not sure that's worth it for us.

I just checked the January 2020 Zaandam Antarctica price, and it has jumped about $550 pp. However, that is for 22 days, which is about about $400 pp less than simply buying the package at $45?/day pp., pre-cruise price. For us, it would probably be worth it.

I just checked our 10 day in March to Panama canal and it has jumped 600.00 per person for the two of us no way explore 4 is worth it for us. however I still don't see it on their website for a deal or my cruise.

Just checked prices for our 30 day Far East Discovery cruise in January 2020. No mention of Explore 4, but did offer $200 on board spending.

The price increase showing is $2700 for the two of us. No deal there!

Last Explore 4 definitely had pre-paid gratuities and the drink package. I was hoping it might this year as well. I never drank enough to make it worth paying for but I really did like the mental freedom to let myself put one down if I didn't like it and get something else.

We have the gratuities and a lot of OBC from other promotions. We will keep what we have

Because they don't understand the X4 promo, are misinformed, or both. SBP (included with X4) drinks are not 'free', the costs for these beverages are 'pre-paid' in the form of a higher cruise fare as opposed to what the cruise fare is without the promo.

Again, it's always a matter of each individual 'doing the math' and making the determination whether the promo adds value for them.

For us it does..

Not always true.....Both times I've had it applied it worked in my favor. First time the cruise price stayed exactly the same. Second time there was very little change in price for the additions.

So sometimes, the additions are free.

Our late April booking for June 2019 has already gone up $1600 CAD without the Explore 4 offers, which are still not showing on the website. I can't imagine how much higher again the price will be once that "sale" begins.

My KONINGSDAM cruise for February that I booked with gratuity included is up today $410 pp.

No mention of Explore 4 but assume this increase reflects the new promo is imminent.

For me likely losing the included grats and paying the increase only for booze not really worth it.

Interestingly just added a beverage package to a Princess cruise when their new promo came out and there was zero increase in fare.

My 24 day is up $1250, the 31 day around $1187 - that's per person so $2500 total on the one and nearly $2300 on the other total.

I declined. I'll do the math, but I already know ;)

By the way when I called I was told the Signature Beverage Package was 11 drinks per day as opposed to the 15 that it used to be. No biggie - we don't come near either of those, but thought I should mention it in case it helps someone else.

By the way when I called I was told the Signature Beverage Package was 11 drinks per day as opposed to the 15 that it used to be. No biggie - we don't come near either of those, but thought I should mention it in case it helps someone else.

Not that we plan on buying the package, but did they indicate whether this was a general reduction for the SBP or only for ones acquired under Explore 4?

Not that we plan on buying the package, but did they indicate whether this was a general reduction for the SBP or only for ones acquired under Explore 4?

Not verbatim but the essence of the conversation was this includes the SBP which includes 11 drinks per day at a cost not to exceed $9 per drink.

I'm not sure sorry. I was making an Explore4 inquiry. I'm always congizant that onboard charges are in US $ versus my Cdn $ booking price ;)

Not verbatim but the essence of the conversation was this includes the SBP which includes 11 drinks per day at a cost not to exceed $9 per drink.

I'm not sure sorry. I was making an Explore4 inquiry. I'm always congizant that onboard charges are in US $ versus my Cdn $ booking price ;)

Thanks. If it will apply to regular beverage packages in future, that's almost a 1/3 reduction in what is offered for (presumably) the same price. I can see a thread or two emerging. :D

Yes, bearing in mind USD vs CAD is something one mustn't forget.

My 24 day is up $1250, the 31 day around $1187 - that's per person so $2500 total on the one and nearly $2300 on the other total.

I declined. I'll do the math, but I already know ;)

Wow. A 27% reduction in benefit for the package is a pretty steep reduction. :o

For what it's worth, on the Travel Agent booking site, when you choose the Explore 4 fare, it prompts a disclaimer that you MUST click/acknowledge before proceeding, and it says:

"Signature Beverage Package: Has a daily limit of 15 beverages - Excludes beverages priced over $9.00, and purchases made in Signature shops, In Room Dining, or beverages on Half Moon Cay. Is not transferable or refundable."

I checked our present booking's "Beverages" options for pre-purchase and it still says 15 beverage maximum for both Signature and Elite. Not that I could ever drink 15 alcoholic beverages in a day but the combo of non and alcoholic could get close with specialty coffees, mocktails, and water. Now if they made non-alcoholic unlimited and only limited the alcoholic beverages that would be different.

The Explore4 was $440 more per person for us so not worth it on the present booking. No biggie. But good to check.