It looks like the Rotterdam is Prinsendam's successor

weselka

Take along just 350 more new best friends and enjoy the Maasdam EXC In Depth cruises.

A luxury ship with walk-in closets and free laundromates is a hard to beat combo.

We are doing just that. But the Maasdam is no Prinsendam :(.

Hank

Oh for crying out loud.

Your Exec in depth tours are for you - not for all of us. Some of us just want to go to the ports the others don't close up. No need for zodiacs.

Sorry, been a long day. but, please, get off the Maasdam with a few zodiacs. That doesn't make it an Elegant Explorer IMO. Nor a replacement for the Prinsendam. Each to their own.

The Prinsendam is gone, or soon to be gone. Read the posts more carefully for content and context before you go off on full frontal personal attack over innocent postings. Thank you..

If it weren’t for Cruise Critic we would not have known that the Prinsendam was sold nor that our cruise in October 2019 is now on the Rotterdam with different ports. No 2-night stops in Antwerp and Rouen and no guarantee that it will port in downtown Bordeaux instead of Le Verdon sur Mer—approx 2 hours away. Our travel agent has not been notified. We received an email that looked like the typical info/selling stuff email they send out. Had I not known of the situation, I would not have logged in and clicked through several levels to discover the changed itinerary. The ship change was NOT revealed anywhere I could see. I called and because I have a TA, they refused to provide information —despite their not having notified my TA. I feel that this was not handled in a transparent and professional manner; I cancelled. My TA has booked us on a Viking Oceans cruise for that month, and they have been lovely to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Will Rotterdam still sail out of Tampa? I like that port for a number of reasons.
I agree and really like sailing out of tampa. Its a good embarkation/ de bark port, IMO except for the possibility of moning fog which happens from time to time and can delay arrival of the ship in port

My PCC informs me that HAL will be cruising out of Tampa Fall 2019 and Spring 2020. These cruises just haven't been listed yet (didn't say when they would be). Unsure on whether these cruises will be on Rotterdam or Oosterdam.

As the Rotterdam is considered the co-flagship of the fleet (along with the Amsterdam), it seems logical for her to take over as many of the Prinsendams itineraries as possible. Her larger number of Neptune and Pinnacle suites is probably also a factor as opposed to the Volendam or Zaandam.

It's just too bad that we can't waive a magic wand and undo the travesty done to her upper aft decks a few years ago, that might make the transition for some easier. That back "pool" is a huge negative. It's better after her most recent drydock, but still not as good as her original aft deck was, with a proper pool and ample open, uncluttered deck space.

What was done t Rotterdam AND Veendam is sinful. [emoji30]. As luck would have it, our next two cruises are on those two ships.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was done t Rotterdam AND Veendam is sinful. [emoji30]. As luck would have it, our next two cruises are on those two ships.

No luck involved. :) You must have made the choice to book those two shipsi? :confused:

..Then again if hey are the ships sailing the itiinerary , no choice.

If somebody had accidentally did that same damage to those two ships, HAL would have been filing an insurance claim to have the damage repaired. But in this case HAL intentionally damaged both ships and called the destruction an "improvement." Fortunately HAL must have realized their mistake and did not damage the other ships in the class.

Hank

• 4 weeks later...

We are now unable to experience The Prinsendam on our Nov/19 Amazon Explorer and very disappointed to learn it will be on the Volendam.

Anyone know where the Prinsendam Captain and cruise director will go after July 2019? Anyone aware if Captain have changed or will be changing?