Picture-A-Week 2018 - Week 22

Pictures taken between Monday, May 28 and Sunday, June 3.

Rules:

This isn't a contest.

Prizes will not be awarded.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacation and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera.

Share your fun with others.

The fun is your prize and it's a good one!

I don't have any 'scenic' type shots of landscapes, wildlife, or travels for this week...but I did take photos Monday. All I have are some shots I took for my mother of the new car I helped her buy Monday afternoon. She had a 5 1/2 year old VW Beetle that she loved, but wanted a new car warranty again and wanted all-wheel drive to feel more secure in the rain...and she also hates cars that are always the same black, grey, silver, or white colors here in the U.S. When she caught a look at the color on this car, she fell in love, and she bid goodbye to her Beetle and hello to her new Subaru Crosstrek in sear-your-eyeballs orange:

03FD1570C03B445B805B790E695C3DBA.jpg

326194730DFA4F1589E822DF815D50E5.jpg

Yep! That's part of her motivation - not necessarily being able to find it, but just it standing out among a sea of like colored greyscale cars. She had been mentioning every time I talked with her how she saw a yellow such-and-such, or a wild green such-and-such...and I knew she was really wanting to get something more colorful.

I don't have any 'scenic' type shots of landscapes, wildlife, or travels for this week...but I did take photos Monday. All I have are some shots I took for my mother of the new car I helped her buy Monday afternoon. She had a 5 1/2 year old VW Beetle that she loved, but wanted a new car warranty again and wanted all-wheel drive to feel more secure in the rain...and she also hates cars that are always the same black, grey, silver, or white colors here in the U.S. When she caught a look at the color on this car, she fell in love, and she bid goodbye to her Beetle and hello to her new Subaru Crosstrek in sear-your-eyeballs orange:

03FD1570C03B445B805B790E695C3DBA.jpg

Tell her not to park to next to me! (As I'm also driving a small orange SUV, although it's a Hyundai Tucson.)

Uh oh Karen - maybe you two SHOULD park next to each other, especially in a big parking lot. Wouldn't you hate if you were at Disney World, and saw your little burst of orange off in the distance, and walked 1/2 mile out there only to find you had just walked to my mother's car...and yours is 1/2 mile the opposite direction in the parking lot? Better if you both park near, so any orange car drivers can follow the big orange spot in the parking lot to get to their cars! ;)

It's hopeless for me - my current car is black. It definitely does NOT stand out in a parking lot...or at night!

Years of experience in reading the subtleties of body language or a degree in child psychology are not required to determine that the photoshoot has come to an end. One glance at Jackie’s expression let me know that she was about to shift from ladybug to bombardier beetle. This is only her second time enduring the annual quest for the perfect birthday pictures and number two is always the hardest. For number one, they are pliable and clapping hands with pretty colors soothe the beast. For number three, the concept of fun followed by the obligatory reward for good behavior is enough to get through the session. Number two is just a Number Two storm.

Message Received

p2906991662-5.jpg

Dave

Years of experience in reading the subtleties of body language or a degree in child psychology are not required to determine that the photoshoot has come to an end. One glance at Jackie’s expression let me know that she was about to shift from ladybug to bombardier beetle. This is only her second time enduring the annual quest for the perfect birthday pictures and number two is always the hardest. For number one, they are pliable and clapping hands with pretty colors soothe the beast. For number three, the concept of fun followed by the obligatory reward for good behavior is enough to get through the session. Number two is just a Number Two storm.

Message Received

Dave

Priceless - the expression says it all ... ;)

You are so lucky to capture something like this - tks for sharing! I've never seen a real hummingbird (we don't have them in Australia), so I really enjoy these shots :)

• 2 weeks later...

A group of people like to show their various cars at Goodwood, its known as the Breakfast club. Themes are Super car Sunday (June), Classic car Sunday (August), Japanese Sunday (October) and in November you can vote for Vee-power or Hot Hatch Sunday.

Someone said orange is nice.....

Lamborghini Gallardo

28032873577_2e11304077_k.jpg

Lamborghini Aventador

28032875027_e37a1fdcae_k.jpg

Ferrari 812 Superfast ( I like the registration)

28032888027_896f468d06_k.jpg

One of these DMC12

img

Ford Mustang 531

28032884347_88ef4d5fb7_k.jpg

No, none are mine, just went along to take some pics.