Pullmantour MS Horizon 10/03-24/03

fosie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I too am an Aussie looking at this cruise - I have a question.  Does anyone know how much it is to go on the sun deck (the one reserved for suite guests) there are no more suites left so want to know how much extra it will cost.

• Like 1

I have also booked this cruise.  I have been in contact with Sunshine Tours and Oman Days Tours, both for information regarding tours in Muscat, Salalaha and Khasab.  They will offer 1/2  day tours and have been recommended on TA and Cruise Critic.  Of course, they will be in English.  Any of you may contact them and get their prices for a van and then we can group up as we choose.  No payment to be made in advance.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, cruiserdotcom said:

I have also booked this cruise.  I have been in contact with Sunshine Tours and Oman Days Tours, both for information regarding tours in Muscat, Salalaha and Khasab.  They will offer 1/2  day tours and have been recommended on TA and Cruise Critic.  Of course, they will be in English.  Any of you may contact them and get their prices for a van and then we can group up as we choose.  No payment to be made in advance.

We have a group of eight,I was thinking about booking Pullmantur tours,they seem resonably priced.

How much was the quote for half day tours.....we are paying $190 p/p for Petra / Wadi Rum with Jordan horizons.

• Like 1

I have a few more questions to ask of Oman Day Tours regarding Muscat and Khasab tours.  I will give the quotes they have written when the list is complete.  They are less expensive than Pullmantur and will be assured of English speaking tours.

I am not researching Petra since I have toured the area in the past and do not feel the need to return--beautiful but tough.  Just take care that the company you choose is super reliable to get you there and back without incident.

• Like 1

My friends went with Oman day tours last year on Ncl star,they had a 18 seater bus...they were very happy with there tour.

They also used Jordan Horizons for Petra,there was a group of fifty in various vans....no problems at all.

I've been to Petra before,looking forward to a return visit.

I see the Salahah visit is later in the day...3 to 10pm

• Like 1

I have received the following from Oman Day Tours for Muscat and Khasab

Muscat City tour  -Half day -Afternon Program 

Pick up : From Any place in Muscat 

Duartion : 4 Hrs 

The tour start with a visit to the beautiful Royal Opera house and Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque photo stop one of the largest mosques in the Middle East.  Proceed to old Muscat through Shatti Al Quram embassy area . Later you drive along the picturesque Cornice to the once walled district Muscat. You will have photo stops at the residence of his Majesty Sultan Qaboos, the Al Alam Palace, which is flanked by the 16th century Portuguese forts Mirani and Jalali.    You will be strolling through Muttrah Souq, where you will be bargaining for handicrafts and silver items

Cost includes : 

• Pick up and drop off 
  • Service of English speaking guide
  • Water during the tour

Khasab City Tour

Pick up : From Any place in Khasab
Duration : 3 HR

Khasab City Tour is one of Oman Day tours in which you can visit the capital of MusandamKhasab is famous for its fishing activities and oasis, with a population of 18,000. Khasab is located at the gorge of Hormuz and overlooking the Arabian Gulf. Visit Oman then proceed to Khasab ,You will visit Fort of Khasab (now restored), the fort dates back to the 16th century. The fort has a museum Where displays of Omani handicraft items are displayed. Then visit the old and new souk of Khasab. later you will visit the Wadi Qadah with the old village Tawi. Then you can see depicted camels, ships and warriors made by prehistoric rock carving on the deep bay dates back to about 2000 years . one of the recommended musandam oman tour .

Cost Includes:

-  Services of an English-speaking driver cum guide.

- pick up and drop 

- water during the tour

Waiting for your Kind Replay

Regards ,

Nehal

Best Regards
Sarah Mahmoud
Senior consultant
Oman Day tours 
www.omandaytours.com
For Muscat City tour : 50 USD Per Person based on 4 Person sharing in 4wd vehicle 

or 50 USD Per Person in Minivan (10 Persons Maximum) 

For Khasab City Tour tour : 50 USD Per Person based on 4 Person sharing in 4wd vehicle 

or 50 USD Per Person in Minivan (10 Persons Maximum) 

I will also post Sunshine tours when complete.  I will be solo so I am interested in a seat in any of these tours that would need an a pax to fill.

Here is the tour of Muscat given by Sunshine Tours

City Tour Half Day

Private Tour

Pick up from the port, Visit the Grand Mosque and the Islamic Center and then continue drive from the Ministries and Embassies road visit the Royal Opera House photo stop and then drive from Qurum beach road and we will take you to had Omani bread with honey. Then continue drive to Muttrah visit Muttrah souk and then visit the sultan palace photos stop then visit again the fort Al Jalali and al Mirani and then continue drive to Marina Bander Al Roudah photo stop then continue drive to Parliament and Al Bustan palace hotel photos stop then continue drive to Shangri-La hotel area photos stop and Qantab beach then continue drive back to the port.

Muscat City Tour Half Day

4PAX – BY 4WD VEHICLE – 60 OMANI RIAL TOTAL

8PAX – BY (2) 4WD VEHICLE – 120 OAMANI RIAL TOTAL

10PAX – BY MINIVAN – 170 OMANI RIAL TOTAL

12PAX – BY MINIVAN – 220 OMANI RIAL TOTAL

INCLUDING

WATER

SOFT DRINKS

PICK-UP AND DROP-OFF TO THE PORT

4WD VEHICLE OR MINIVAN

OMANI BREAD WITH HONEY

OMANI COFFEE

OMANI TOUR GUIDE

PETROL

They do not have a tour set up for Khasab due to lack of appropriate guide.

Aussie cruzer--I have seen this brochure of excursions on the Pullmantur web site; however, Dante, rep at VTG, sent me a list of excursions for our cruise and the info is not the same, nor the prices.  The options he gave me are much limited and more expensive.  I think you should check with your booking company to see what excursions they are accepting.  Let me know, too.  Thanks

• Like 1

The shore excursions VTG sent are thru third party group,you can book direct thru Pullmantur.

Put your booking # into Pullmantur  online and it all shows up.

https://excursiones.pullmantur.travel/inicio

* you might need to call Pullmantur # to book.

Edited by aussie cruzer
Typo

4 hours ago, cruiserdotcom said:

Great tour you have posted!  Hope you can participate.  Sorry, I cannot.

Dante checked with Pullmantur and confirmed that we can book any of their excursions but English will be offered only if there are 10 or more English speakers booked.

We haven't looked much into tours yet,but Pullmantur Mystic Muscat tour $41 is one that my wife & I  will be doing for sure and I imagine my other six friends too....not sure about the rest yet.

In Salalah next to cruise port is a private club called Oasis club,it's for the western ex pats to mix....might head up there,it's got nice views of the ocean and swimming pool & bar and restaurants. 

My research was Salalah was the least interesting of the three Oman ports.

On 11/14/2018 at 2:02 PM, aussie cruzer said:

We haven't looked much into tours yet,but Pullmantur Mystic Muscat tour $41 is one that my wife & I  will be doing for sure and I imagine my other six friends too....not sure about the rest yet.

In Salalah next to cruise port is a private club called Oasis club,it's for the western ex pats to mix....might head up there,it's got nice views of the ocean and swimming pool & bar and restaurants. 

My research was Salalah was the least interesting of the three Oman ports.

Okay, just finished reading the posts.... I think we want to do the Pullmantour Mystic Muscat as well.... have you tentatively  booked any of the tours besides the Petra one ? It would be great if the 8 choose to do all the same tours.... I am now going to check the Pullmantours excursions ...thanks for posting the link... I had been trying to find it but no luck !!!