Pullmantur Horizon - Trieste to Athens - Oct 22, 2108

CherryLaneA

Is there anyone else out there who is booked on this cruise?

We have cruised with most of the other cruise lines but this will be our first Pullmantur cruise.

Cheryl and Peter

Ontario, Canada

We have cruised with most of the other cruise lines but this will be our first Pullmantur cruise.

Cheryl and Peter

Ontario, Canada

Hi, we aren’t on this cruise, but will be on the Horizon in March B2B.

We just returned from our first Pullmantur Cruise on the Monarch in the Caribbean, and enjoyed it very much. Ship was older but very well maintained, announcements were made in English after first being done in Spanish, and meals were excellent, and our waiters spoke English.

There were lots of kids on board, but since it was the Easter week, that was understandable. That really was the only negative IMHO.

Liz & Peter.

• 3 months later...

Cheryl and Peter

Ontario, Canada

We will be on the cruise. Maybe we can meet up.

• 2 weeks later...
We will be on the cruise. Maybe we can meet up.

I am sure that we will meet up given that there will probably be only a handful of English speaking people. Where are you from? How many of you are travelling on the cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone,

I will be on this cruise as well. It will be the first leg of a B2B. I was just on Horizon this spring so should be some familar faces, There actually were a good number of English speaking guest this spring. Many more than past Pullmantur cruises in the Caribbean and a Transatlantic, They even had almost all of the excursions were offered in English. I will be traveling solo from Arizona, hope to see you aboard.

Chris

How great to be doing a B2B! We will have been in Italy for three weeks before we get to the cruise but then it will be time to head home once we finish the cruise. We are getting quite excited about our trip and especially the cruise. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Cheryl

• 2 weeks later...

Yes Cheryl and Peter, we will be on that cruise. We cruised with Pullmantur this time last year-Spain, France and Italy. We will be on board this time from 8th October until 28th. Hope to find you ?

Jenni and Warren

Sydney, Australia

I have heard that Pullmantur tends to put the English speaking passengers together at dinner. So we may all meet up there. But we could perhaps set a time and place to meet up on the ship. Jenni and Warren since you'll be on the ship for a couple of weeks before the 22nd sailing, perhaps you can identify a meeting place and time where we can make sure to connect. The rest of us can then just make sure to check this post to see what's decided. Just an idea. Would this work for everyone?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have embarked in Athens yesterday, there are a number of English speaking Passengers on Board - however, be prepared to be addressed in Spanish by Crew Members - until they realize that you are an English speaking Person....

Today - it's Mykonos - followed by the next Port tomorrow - only ONE Sea Day (unfortunately) during this Cruise Segment...... it's too busy for my liking!!

Yes, we sailed with Pullmantur last year and they do try to put English speaking peeps together, although they seated us at a table for 4 and the other couple were Canadian but spoke mostly Russian, funny time. Yes I will post where and when we could meet. Sounds good.

Cheryl and Peter

Ontario, Canada

Hi:

My husband and I did the Trieste to Athens cruise in June 2018 on Pullman Horizon. We are English speakers from Toronto, Canada who like being immersed in other cultures. We enjoyed the cruise because we were mainly on it because of the ports of call. The service was very good at bars and at the buffet. We did not care for the diningroom at night because the selection was not as good as the buffet. The shows were fine. The cabin was adequate ( oceanview) much smaller than we are use to but with daily stops at ports it was ok. We went on some of the excursions - Spanish and German ones since there were not enough English passengers for any English tours. The tours were good and very reasonable in price compared to the other cruise lines that we usually use eg Holland America, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian,etc. I was there to take photographs so not understanding all the information given in Spanish was ok with us. We did a lot of research of the places we visited before the cruise so we were well-versed with the places on the tours. Pullmantur does have a websitehttps://old.pullmantur.travel/en/ There is a new version when you go to the old version. BTW We are booked on the Pullman Horizon for Sept 1 2019 as repeat English speaking cruisers.Good luck :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone.  Just booked this cruise a few days ago.  From Toronto Canada and travelling solo.  Tried to book a few ship excursions but they don’t have enough English speaking guests signed up.  Maybe we can all meet somewhere for a cocktail before dinner on the first night.

On 10/18/2018 at 12:30 AM, Peanutts said:

Hi everyone.  Just booked this cruise a few days ago.  From Toronto Canada and travelling solo.  Tried to book a few ship excursions but they don’t have enough English speaking guests signed up.  Maybe we can all meet somewhere for a cocktail before dinner on the first night.

Don't worry too much about it. They have an English speaking Person - the International Assistant on Board (MONIKA) and she will be very helpful with information..... There will (hopefully) be English speaking people on Board - as the (continuous) Spanish can be a bit too much for a NON Spanish Speaker.

Just hope for the best - but most important - just enjoy the Cruising