Galveston Parking Options and Experiences

villagenut

I've used EZ and Lighthouse. They were fine but I wasn't blown away by either of them so I'm keeping my options open for my next Galveston cruise. You may get more opinions on the Gulf Coast board. Lighthouse has the covered and uncovered lots. I didn't like that I paid for covered and we had to stop at uncovered first...let everyone off...unload their bags...before going to covered. I paid more drop me off first. The covered part protects you from hail I guess but that's about it. My car was filthy.

I used the parking run by the port authority. Took a little while to get in on departure day. No time at all to get out.

Something I learned by accident - when returning to pick up pax at the terminal, drive on Harborside past the terminal entrance, go around the block, then come back from the east. Instead of a line of 60 to turn left, you have a line of 3 to turn right.

We park at Park & Cruise directly across the street from the port, which means it's an easy walk and you don't have to mess with shuttles. They have an indoor and outdoor option. For a 7-day cruise, indoor is $87 and outdoor is $67.

Just reserved our spot yesterday. :)

I like Galveston Park & Cruise -- indoor and outdoor parking, and it's directly across the street from the terminal, so no shuttle - just park and cross Harborside. If you pack relatively light and are travelling with generally able-bodied folks, it's a winner!

We park at Park & Cruise directly across the street from the port, which means it's an easy walk and you don't have to mess with shuttles. They have an indoor and outdoor option. For a 7-day cruise, indoor is $87 and outdoor is $67.

Just reserved our spot yesterday. :)

I'll just add that the $87 and $67 is really $100 and $77 after taxes and fees. Some of the other places quote the total price so this one sounds a little better than it actually is.

I'll just add that the $87 and $67 is really $100 and $77 after taxes and fees. Some of the other places quote the total price so this one sounds a little better than it actually is.

True...forgot about that part - it was $77 total. Still great for being so close. I even walked from there in a fracture boot. :)

We have used Lighthouse on both our cruises and have booked with them for the next one in September. They have a shuttle that takes you to and picks you up from the port . We waited maybe 5 minutes at the port the first time and the next time they were there waiting on us. The guys at Lighthouse are great with taking care of your luggage. $10.00 discount offers for covered "FREEDOM" and $5.00 uncovered "2018"

Edited by coldinkansas

Lighthouse is pretty good. I've used them multiple times and it's pretty good. The coupon codes listed above make it a bit cheaper than most others I've seen.

Just a note in case anyone didn't know. The port of Galveston offers free parking for Disabled Veterans.

I used the parking run by the port authority. Took a little while to get in on departure day. No time at all to get out.

Something I learned by accident - when returning to pick up pax at the terminal, drive on Harborside past the terminal entrance, go around the block, then come back from the east. Instead of a line of 60 to turn left, you have a line of 3 to turn right.

Just don't do a uturn and cross the double line where the officers can see you. They will stop you on the way in and give you a ticket.

Another vote for Park & Cruise. It's close enough that you don't need to wait on a shuttle. Drop your bags with the porter at the terminal, drive to the lot and park, then walk back to the terminal. As long as you don't have more bags than than you can handle, it's a short walk with your bags back across the street at the end of the cruise. We've used them on all but one cruise. The one time we used a lot with a shuttle because we got a good deal, we decided the shuttle wait wasn't worth it.

Lighthouse is pretty good. I've used them multiple times and it's pretty good. The coupon codes listed above make it a bit cheaper than most others I've seen.

Just a note in case anyone didn't know. The port of Galveston offers free parking for Disabled Veterans.

Yes they do, thanks for pointing that out! Call ahead to get the procedure so you don't wait in the line. You will pull up to the trailer with your documents and they will give you a placard for your mirror.

I used Lighthouse last year and already have a covered spot reserved for my upcoming cruise in August. Their year round coupon code is anysail for the quoted discount. Total price with discount for covered parking this year is $75.78. Was very please with the service and the shuttle driver was great.

Another thing I like about Lighthouse is last year during hurricane Harvey they posted daily updates on the situation at the lots on facebook so those parked there during that extended cruise knew that their vehicles were alright, which I'm sure gave a few people one less thing to stress about during that time.

Another vote for Galveston Park N Cruise. I love that they have covered parking inside a warehouse building, so I come back to a clean car at the end of our cruise. And they are right across from the terminal. Drop your luggage with the porter, go park, then walk across the street. Easy Peasy.

Another vote for Park & Cruise. It's close enough that you don't need to wait on a shuttle. Drop your bags with the porter at the terminal, drive to the lot and park, then walk back to the terminal. .

It's been a few years since we've cruised out of Galveston and just booked for next April. On prior visits to the Galveston port it seems to me trying to pull up to where the porters are to drop off bags could be a LONG process with cars backed up. Has that changed?

It's been a few years since we've cruised out of Galveston and just booked for next April. On prior visits to the Galveston port it seems to me trying to pull up to where the porters are to drop off bags could be a LONG process with cars backed up. Has that changed?

It really depends on what time you get there. Early in the day isn't too bad. But during the peak times, say 11 to 1 or 2, can get pretty backed up.

Go around the herd in left lane and pull in past the build up .

• 2 weeks later...

So does Lighthouse :-)

A NEW PARKING FACILITY to consider falstaffcruiseparking.com .

Indoors, and really upscale for a parking facility ; and appears to have a higher elevation than most others . I have no affiliation . Not a recommendation for we live in Galveston, and do not need parking . Unaware of service and pricing. Just for your information .

See thread below

• 4 weeks later...